What happened to the Infinite Dragonflight?

Remember those dragons that messed with the timeline n' stuff? Whatever happened to them, did we deal with them or are they still a problem?
    Lok'Tar Ogar! For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are hints that the Infinite Flight is gone, but I don't believe there's any event signifying their end. The only support for the argument that they're gone is that in one of the Cata dungeon's it's revealed that the leader of the Infinites is a dragon called Murzadon (I think that's his name.) You defeat this dragon and Norzdumo, leader of the Bronze dragonflight, tells you that this dragon is him in the future. So I don't believe that the Infinite flight is dead, just ignored for the moment. Our Closed-RP "Time-Lost" is possibly about the Infinite Flight's machinations, so RPers still use them. They are still a problem and we need the help of brave RPers like you to vanquish them!

10+ Year Old Account
    we killed "the last" of them in the end time 5man....however it's timetravel so i don't think we have seen the last of them...their major plan may still be in the works that causes the end time to happen...we have kinda seen the start and end but not the middle of the story :S

Or blizzard could be finished with it and no more time loops :P

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nozdormu/Murozond is simply a Paradox and the more you think about it, the more you shouldn't.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Even if we did beat them they could still turn up

wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Nozdormu/Murozond is simply a Paradox and the more you think about it, the more you shouldn't.
    Basically this. But I don't think we will see them again to be honest. Simply because we have technically killed Nozdormu.

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Still, in the future, I will...fall to madness. And you, heroes...will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that humanity survived to live another day.
    All that matters...is this moment."

But this like others have said with the time-lines being what they are, we can't possibly tell what other affairs Murozond tampered with in the future or the past. So it does leave Blizzard open to use them as the bad guys they are in future expansions. However I think it's best just not to worry about it.

Murozond was indeed a parallel self of Nozdormu but he was outside time itself as he story describes. So killing him in End Time killed "all" Murozonds.

So until "our" Nozdormu falls into madness, I don't think there will be any more Infinite Dragonflight.

^
    ||

Now that I think of the above sentence, it's not possible any more. Nozdormu gave all his power to merge ALL timelines into one at the moment of Deathwing's death. So now that he is mortal and there are no parallel futures where Deathwing lives, I believe he even prevented his own madness.

I think Murozond did not want to lose his power and die like a common mortal, that's why he "exited" time.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-04-25 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Murozond was indeed a parallel self of Nozdormu but he was outside time itself as he story describes. So killing him in End Time killed "all" Murozonds.

So until "our" Nozdormu falls into madness, I don't think there will be any more Infinite Dragonflight.

^
    ||

Now that I think of the above sentence, it's not possible any more. Nozdormu gave all his power to merge ALL timelines into one at the moment of Deathwing's death. So now that he is mortal and there are no parallel futures where Deathwing lives, I believe he even prevented his own madness.

I think Murozond did not want to lose his power and die like a common mortal, that's why he "exited" time.
    Nozdormu has always existed outside of time - He has since he was endowed with his power from the Titans.

That being said, and knowing the Old Gods, there is always a way. Perhaps this whole Cataclysm fiasco was a facade, to hide a deeper plan: To weaken the remaining Aspects enough so that the Old Gods' corrupting influence would begin to work.

Regardless, I don't think we've seen the last of Murozond (or Sayre or maybe Raszletaxas, both anagrams of Ysera and Alexstrasza just as Murozond is on Nozdormu); Only time will tell.