View Poll Results: Wizard vs. Witch doctor!

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Wizard

72 47.06%
  • Witch Doctor

81 52.94%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Wizard vs. Witch doctor!

Which class are the most fun, best, etc.

funny or fun?

I had most fun in the beta with the wotch doctor, just the walking animation is hilarious. the skills are simply amazing, they kinda remind me of that simpsons episode where homer wanted watch dogs with bees in their mouths to make them even deadlier. I mean come on, the witch doctor doesnt just throw jars at his enemies, they're filled with poisoinous spiders! he doesnt just cast bats on his foes, they're on fire! really a great class, funny AND fun. that being said, my main will be a wizard, because I just know I'll be extremely jealous of those wizards who cast meteor, chain lightning and that badass disintegration beam all the time.

Hopefully, neither are best, and all five classes are balanced pretty close. From my beta experience however, if you like having plenty of pets/minions, go Witch Doctor. If you prefer blowing stuff up yourself, go Wizard.

Wizard: You get to shoot galaxies... what can be cooler than that?

Deleted
    Witch Doctor kicks some serious ass. I was going to go demon hunter, but i decided to make a witch doctor and mess around... My god.

The spell that sucks the life from mobs and gives you a shitload of intelligence per mob up to 5 stacks is so good. The aoe slowing/damaging hands are awesome also. Darts+splinter rune is just beastly. Also 3 pet dogs, just sayin'.

I tried out the toads, didn't really like them that much compared to the darts, same with the spiders.

I am wondering if pvp is going to happen on some sort of small arena, in that way things like WD + Barb may kick some serious ars.
    On bigger maps with a lot of space to kite around wizard and dh may take over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by li3to View Post
    I am wondering if pvp is going to happen on some sort of small arena, in that way things like WD + Barb may kick some serious ars.
    On bigger maps with a lot of space to kite around wizard and dh may take over.
    I really really hope they don't. PvP class balance is what has ruined wow for a lot of ppl. This is an action RPG style game, no need to balance classes against each other. It only clouds their ability to balance the game towards monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witch Doctor for sure; I was actually rather disappointed with the Wizard. However we have only seen a small portion of the skills and things could drastically change when you have all skills available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Witch Doctor for sure; I was actually rather disappointed with the Wizard. However we have only seen a small portion of the skills and things could drastically change when you have all skills available.
    How can you be disappointed with the wizz. Freezing beem + electricity = dead mobs with stile.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I really loved Witch Doctor as well, but i got so disappointed when my zombie dogs got one hitted by Skeleton king :/
    Last edited by mmoc735fc07483; 2012-04-23 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    I'm going for a WD, I think that some of their skills will be a bit lacking but they should have enough to see them through till Blizzard tweaks things around if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    I really loved Witch Doctor as well, but i got so disappointed when my zombie dogs got one hitted by Skeleton king :/
    I played a build without zombie dogs. Used Poison Darts (runed), Firebats (runed), Grasp of the dead (runed) and Soul Harvest. No need to worry about the long cooldown on the zombie dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a huge difference between fun and best so it's kinda odd to work that into one question.
    Apart from that; 'best' is quite impossible to say after only being able to play the first tiny bit of the game, we don't know how the later abilities etc will work out. Taking into account only the beta content I'd say they are equally good, both can blow through the first levels quickly, easily and safely.
    Same goes for fun I guess but from the beta I'm definately in favor of the wizard, I just liked the available abilities better. Then again, I'm somewhat biased since I love wizards in alomst any way shape or form and in almost any game or setting

10+ Year Old Account
    The witch doctor felt more powerful compared to the wizard I felt, and it was also more interesting.
    Not sure, so far it stands between wizard and witch doctor for me. Kinda need to get more spells before I decide I think

And then you have all the runes that completely change how spells work, an example would be the wizards lightning attack (forgot name) that sends out 3 shorter ranged random direction lightning rods. I found that very boring and lackluster.
    But then, I got a rune for it, making targets explode if killed by it. And doing more dmg to other targets close by. And it became my favorite spell in my arsenal right away.

It all depends on two factor:
    1- Which play style do you like?
    2- Gear level that the character has.

I must admit, similar to Monk and the Demon Hunter, the Wizard picks up in later levels regarding gameplay and it also takes you to have a good weapon to bolster your damage.

To be honest though not surprisingly, I found the Witch Doctor a bit more fragile upon using pets(maybe things get better when you get access to the Gargantuan), compared to AoE throughput of the other 4, Witch Doctor is the weakest that of which becomes more apparent when you get to the Jar of Souls event.

The zombie dogs seem to have had a huge nerf compared to how i remember them earlier in beta, but still fun. Given WD or Wiz i would go with the WD every time.

Monk and Witch Doctor are my two favorite classes though, and will be my first 2 to play through the game, just not sure the order.

Just finished WD omg that class is so broken I just melted stuff. And yes them zombie dogs get so 1 shot at skele king if you don't know what to do. On live when he starts doing that run away fast so dogs follow you. Dart range is so huge you don't even need to know where skele king is. Overall grasp+ dogs+ dart just melted stuff. And that Intellect buff so strong although tbh even though it said I should get a 25% extra after doing math with 5 stacks could bearly feel it. Tbh guess a better weapon is still better than more int. Weapon damage makes or brakes the classes.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    Actually, the intbuff from soul harvest should be much more than 25%. it's like +28 per stack, maxes out at 5. I think I had like 180int during the fight. between my blowdarts and the firebats, he died so fast it wasn't even funny.

Still, I like my wizard more. charged bolts + glyph is nice. And when you hit 12 and get arcane torrent... you just kill stuff. with STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Actually, the intbuff from soul harvest should be much more than 25%. it's like +28 per stack, maxes out at 5. I think I had like 180int during the fight. between my blowdarts and the firebats, he died so fast it wasn't even funny.

Still, I like my wizard more. charged bolts + glyph is nice. And when you hit 12 and get arcane torrent... you just kill stuff. with STYLE
    Firebats kinda requires you to stand still which is not that great even with the slow since he teleports to you and does dmg. Kiting with dogs felt easier