10+ Year Old Account

Character Bio for Darsithis

((This is my first attempt, ever, at roleplay. I've never written a character bio))

Name: Darsithis, originally born Bink, in Gnomeregan, later Bink Swordbreaker
    Race: Gnome
    Languages: Common, Gnomish, Dwarvish, some thalassian (very little)
    Class: Death Knight

Personality: Like most gnomes, Darsithis is far from subtle and is convinced of the superiority of the gnomish mind. Despite that, she is still fairly friendly and delights in meeting new people...and telling them all sorts of facts about themselves.

Likes/Dislikes: She dislikes subterfuge and will dismiss people who waste her time. She enjoys games, especially those that involve the mind, along with guessing games. She's quick to think she knows the answer (and she usually does), and doesn't back down even if she is wrong. She dislikes priests and paladins, rightly fearing their light-given powers, but feels at home with other warriors. She's fond of drink (milk).

Appearance:

((I only have a WoW version of Darsithis, who is a real character I've played for years))

Darsithis is short, like most Gnomes, and no longer has her original eye color. Her eyes glow an icy blue and her skin is a pale shade of grey, with dark lips and bright green (dyed) hair parted into two pig-tails. She wears bone-covered plate armor with fur underlining, and carries a huge 2 hand axe that is nearly her size, but enchanted to weigh less than a one-hander.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Her most obvious strength is her undeath. Like most Death Knights, she's resistant, but not immune, to poisons and wounds. Personality strengths include her forward nature and innate desire to make up for the crimes she committed under the Lich King's control. Her weaknesses include: inability to back down when challenged, an adversion to the Light, and an unnatural obsession with games that can sometimes override her common sense. Her biggest weakness is her fear that someone will eventually learn how her father died and judge her for it.

History
    Bink was born in Gnomeregan, the daughter of Wick Sprazzlevolt, a fairly well-known but not particularly famous tinker. Like most gnomes, she spent a lot of her childhood playing with plenty of other children, visiting other gnomes, and throwing lots of parties filled with spectacular explosions, lights, and smells. She showed the same aptitude for learning and intelligence that virtually all other gnomes did. Unlike a lot of gnome families, Bink had a very close relationship with her father growing up. He was her inspiration for the work she would undertake.

Unlike her fellow gnomes, however, Bink had a fascination with the martial arts and melee weaponry. A lot of her time growing up was spent tinkering with metals and stones. She would cajole friends or wizards she befriended in the city to cast spells on or at the metals she would work with in an attempt to create "the perfect weapon". Her attempts failed just as often as they succeeded, and quickly she earned the name Swordbreaker. She didn't escape the failures unscathed, either; more than one scar on her arm was from a piece of flying metal from one or more explosions. Finally, she created the weapon she would carry through the Fall of Gnomeregan to her days as a Death Knight, and would regale her friends and family with epic "sword fights" against magical target dummies. Of course, she was far from a master, but it delighted her friends just the same to see the shocking effects of her sword as it would strike the magical targets.

Tragedy struck when Bink Swordbreaker was a little past 40. The troggs invaded Gnomeregan (thanks to the actions of Mekgineer Sicco Thermaplugg) and Bink snatched up her sword, ready to defend her home. She lacked any real training, but years spent playing with the various weapons she created did impart a small measure of skill. She fought in numerous skirmishes through the city as the gnomes gave ground to the invaders, always making it through alive, but watching her friends and people she had known her whole life either die or transform into leper gnomes. Near the end of the invasion, as the gnomes were fleeing the city for nearby Ironforge, she was picking off leftover troggs one by one while making her way to the surface. It was then that someone grabbed her arm. Caught in the fury of battle she whirled around and stabbed them through the neck, only to meet the stunned eyes of her father, now dying in her arms. Horrified, she dropped him and fled, leaving him to die alone.

She didn't join her fellow Gnomes at Ironforge. Instead, she felt she had to travel as far from her life as possible. With the little coin she had, and her trusty sword, she performed a few odd jobs here and there to buy passage to Northrend, where she felt she might finally be at peace with her actions. Bink didn't discover that peace, however, though being alone with her thoughts gave her time to reflect on her mistakes, and this filled her with a growing anger at herself and what she'd been driven to do.

When the Lich King called for the strong to report to the Ebon Hold, she decided she deserved the agony of undeath and servitude as the only way to right her one real mistake, as everything else had failed. She took on the name Darsithis, feeling it fit the new darkness of her soul and self, and gave up her sword for the two-handed axe she carries to this day.

It didn't take long for Darsithis to realize that her servitude was no penance as she was forced to visit despicable acts of death and destruction upon the hapless citizens of Havenshire until the Lich King's control over her was broken during the showdown with Tirion Fordring. Alone again, she retreated to Stormwind where she met her closest friend, Jack (more on her later), though she shied away from any attempt to really get to know her. The secret of her father's death is something she cannot let anyone get close to. This friendship helped change her from a dark and tragic figure into a friendly and interesting character.

Now that she is freed from the Lich King's control, she spends most of her time doing mercenary work, such as helping to clear Defias out of Westfall, or killing various creatures in Duskwood and Redridge. She avoided service during the fight against the Lich King and Deathwing, though lately she has felt the stirring call of adventure once again.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-28 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, how tragic! Being put to that point, where you punish youself with damnation is oddly inspiring. It may sound strange, but in a way she had complete control of her fate, I almost admire that. I like this character, just the right mix of tragedy, tenacity and pride. I feel the point's been made "Darsithis" will go far in the RP community, congrats.

The only real critique I have for this character is I'd like to know how she got free and why she wanted to get free if originally she was willing to become part of the Scourge. She has regrets for some of the things she did while under the Scourge, going into some detail on these events would be a good way to tackle this. As well, her personality has changed a lot from "oh god I killed my dad" to the friendlyness she is showing in the Tavern thread. I'd like to see how that came to pass as well. Otherwise I have to agree with Darced in that this is a pretty solid first bio. Welcome to the forums buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Darced!

Excellent points, Madgod. I've updated her bio to explain when she joined, why she changed, and when she left the service of the Lich King, along with a few other tidbits

10+ Year Old Account
    Creating a bio for a gnome DK is inherently a feat in itself. Well executed, I can see the self-reflections. My only gripe is that I want to know how she went from exploring Northrend to serving the the Lich King. That seems like it would make for an important and interesting block in the story.

Edit: Do you mind if I use your template? Or is the the forum standard anyway?
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-04-28 at 07:45 PM. Reason: grammar, usage

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you everyone for the constructive criticism and positive feedback! It means a lot

Callace: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...acter-Creation is the template I used. I also threw in a few more details of Northrend. I'm keeping that kind of open at the moment since I'm not 100% certain how the transition should go.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-28 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome! And, may I say your haunter pic is cute as hell lol? I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Thank you everyone for the constructive criticism and positive feedback! It means a lot

Callace: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...acter-Creation is the template I used. I also threw in a few more details of Northrend. I'm keeping that kind of open at the moment since I'm not 100% certain how the transition should go.
    Thanks, I put it to good use already! I'll be watching for more updates.

very nice Bio, I love unusual atempts and the idea of her repenting by becoming undead is intriguing. I'm curious about her involvement with Jack though. Do we get more on that?