Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aland shifted in his seat to glance at the two others and turned back towards the goblin. He was thinking about how best to approach working with the obvious Light wielder just a seat down from him when glancing back he got a good look at the mage, now leaning over the table. Lightspire....... something was strangely familiar about the elf before him though Aland was certain they had never before met. Not all his old memories were clear from his days of living, but something rung of a newer memory. Acnoctus.......Shadowspire?............ There certainly was something of a facial resemblance buried beneath the years of arcane usage and those eyes certainly threw Aland off. He resolved to find out later but for now it wasn't important.

Aland turned back towards the goblin and waited for all the details. Silently hoping this cult had a numerous amount of warlocks......

As the party gathered around the table, Banjax made sure that he still was able to see the Barkeep, as well as the door. "So all of you have gotten some kind of invitation. I must admit, this is the first time, since I work with the shattered Hand that we need backup. But it is really a bad situation. We had three agents in Silvermoon investigating this murders and two of them were even Silvemoon natives. Those are MIA now, and I'm still here only 'cause I'm not stingy with my bullets. And I figured if two agents go dark in the matter of hours, we're done with our usual approach. So I'll have a contact for you to work with, a bloodknight, Khorianas Dawnseeker. He has been kind of invested in this whole deal, but you all might know that Silvermoon is not the most stable place at the moment. So he will be your contanct. He might be able to give you a more detailed rundown in the whole politics deal, but to be honest, I just wanna get the hell outta here." The goblin looked at the party members gathered around him. "Any Questions?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Khorianas........ Now that was an old name. Aland hadn't spoken with the paladin in years. Not since their days in the Silver Hand. He had hoped to since his joining of the Forsaken they would be able to be friends again but with how things were going these days most of his free time was spent with his daughter. Aland paused for a moment and took a hard look at a non-specific spot on the table. He had come under the impression that his deeds alone earned him this mission. Since being reborn serving under Noxvari was all he did. Not that it wasn't rewarding. She was second only to the Queen in his mind but he would be lying if he said he didn't miss some of the freedom the Church afforded him to hunt and slay as he liked. Even though he was chosen Aland had to know before they met up with Khorianas. "Just one, was he the reason I was requested?"

15+ Year Old Account
    The Druid had joined the table at the Goblin's invitiation, standing tall behind the others gathered around the table. After listening to the Goblin's run down of the situation Hobb still wasn't much wiser as to why the Cenarion Circle had been contacted, it didn't tend to get involved with politics, did this go deeper? Khorianas? He remembered that name, from Icecrown?

"Sir Goblin," started the Tauren, not knowing the Goblin's name yet, but wanting to show the same respect returned, "Do you know why the Cenarion Circle have been requested to intervene? The letter from Master Runetotem was rather vague, mentioning a cults uprising?"

The goblin sighed."To be honest, we are rather lost here. I'm not very keen on this whole magic mumbo jumbo so I requested some people with different backgrounds on magic. This whole deal is weird. So we called in some favors from various places, and that is why you are here. All of you." Then he turned to the undead warrior. "I don't know if anyone of you already knows this Dawnseeker guy. But he asked a favor of the shattered Hand once, so he kind of owes us"

15+ Year Old Account
    "Master Runetotem has requested I attend this meeting, and so here I am, I need no further explanation than that, it just seemed odd that the Circle would be involved with politics like this, so I was expecting something deeper than the little uprising..." The Druid trailed off in thought.

"Speaking of which; what dealings does the thieves guild of Orgrimmar, your Shattered Hand, have with the internal politics of Silvermoon and this cult?" Continued the Tauren. Realising his questions were possibly coming over more as an interrogation, he paused.

"I'm sorry if I seem to have too many questions, I haven't even properly introduced myself yet, all this excitement reminds me of my youth and I get carried away" He said, "I am Hobb Barkhoof of the Cenarion Circle, it is a pleasure to meet you"

Salarissian sat listening to the goblin's briefing. This news of a "cult" in Silvermoon disturbed him; It sounded too much like the Twilight Cultists they had been fighting not too long ago.

He didn't voice his thoughts about the druid's questions, If the thieves and the Shattered Hand are involved, then this cult must be more than he isn't telling us. He hid the thought for later; Now was neither the time nor the place for accusations.

He did, however, say, "I'm glad I am able to help. With my coin and status with the other nobles, we should have help if we need it. Alternatively, I can bribe anybody if we need to stay low." He grinned, "Surest way to keep anybody quiet."

Turning back towards the topic at hand, he asked "Where is this Dawnseeker fellow anyways?"

Banjax listend to the druids questions. He nodded occasionally and as the druid was done questioning, the goblin answered. "No sweat with the questions. Wouldn't like you to run in blind sided. So let's just say it is in Big G's best interests that Silvermoon has a stable government considering the times. As to the exact involvement of the shattered Hand, I don't wanna tell ya. Even if I wanted I couldn't. we only know our next agents. No more knowledge gets around." he nodded at the tauren politely, while his face was rather stern. As the warrior addressed him Banjax answered him. "The Nobles are scared, excuse me, shitless. Nobody will get involved, believe me we tried. And staying quiet, well. Good luck with that. Anyways. Dawnseeker is currently spending much time training the blood knight recruits, so he will most likely be somewhere near the Halls of Blood. Just ask your way."

Deleted
    Kelara who had given a good look around the bar, now returned her focus towards the Goblin with inspecting look. The rangers voice was soft, gentle and almost caressing the air as she spoke. "To me it would seem suspicious if a group of so divided individuals were to walk up and approach Silvermoon." At first it sounded more like a very specific statement, but Kelara continued. "Assuming any kind of information should've slipped to a cult we can barely identify, moving around as a group of this size is sure to put us in danger.
    Kelara stretched, seemingly as if she was talking about nothing special in particular.
    "I'm not too keen on travelling into an ambush the minute we walk out that door."

The goblin smiled. "Finally a professional. No wonders there, your death stalkers always gimme the creeps, now I'm reminded why. But let me tell you something. This group is a force to recon. At the moment only those who have fighting prowess dare to speak up. And up to now there have been no open murders. So out in the open is rather safe. But yeah. An ambush is very likely." The goblin patted the holster of his shotgun.

Salarissian nodded. "I agree. Any ambush is sure to be dealt with quickly. Even when it does happen - and if this cult is anything like the other cults I've faced, there will be - We can handle it." To emphasize his point, he shifted slightly, the 2 greatswords resting on his back rustling slightly in the sheaths.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Druid spoke up again "Fighting is not my speciality, mine is more the restoration of living things to their full glory, but should battle occur; I shall help in any way I can" he paused, "I'm also far less experienced at quests of a stealth based nature than some of you seem to be" Hobb admitted "I thought it wise to let you know that now, before you make grand plans"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, Aland thought. Wait, training recruits? That couldn't be. Perhaps this isn't the paladin I'm thinking of. Well we will see. He shook his head. Time to focus on this task.

"So basically we are in the blind here. In my experience the only way to get to heart of these matters is to actually get into them. We can leave the politics for after the bloodshed. When can we leave?"

"Yeah, we kind of are blinded here sadly. You can leave anytime if you wi... H'ow balls!" while the goblin was talking, two bloodelves suddenly appeared in the doorway, aiming crossbows at the goblin. In the last moment, the goblin pushed himself back, knocking over his own chair to evade the bolts. Both were stuck in the table in the blink of an eye. Still within his holster the rogue roughly aimed his shotgun at the door and pulled both triggers. A hail of lead flew towards the door, but the elves disappeared as fast as they showed up. Banjax, unexpectedly strong for his size threw over a nearby table and hid behind it while reloading his gun. "There we go. Should have brought more explosives. Blasted elves."

Deleted
    The sound of movement at the door had alerted the ranger extremely fast. Acessing the situation in a split second Kelara had drawn an arrow that might not have made much sense to others. It was a piercing arrow, meant to break through high density armor. The bow string had been pulled back as far as the undead could manage, and the aim seemed to be nowhere near the door. Releasing the shot, the arrow went straight towards a weaker point in the wall of the Inn, down towards the ground. Piercing through the wall, Kelara hoped to properly calculate the distance the trespasser had covered, and therefore still hit him through the leg. Alas, the material was too rough and the power she had applied was only enough to make the arrow sit stuck in the wall.
    "Tauren, protect the Goblin, rest of you, after them, do not let them vanish!" Kelara ordered somewhat taken by the moment, as she herself gave chase, running towards the door. It was obvious that there wouldn't be other enemies out there, else it had been easier for them to keep the group inside the Inn and just burn it down. It was an assassination attempt, on the Goblins life.
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2012-07-02 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aland spun in his chair and fell on one knee facing the door. A split second and they were gone from view, but that was all he needed. Aland focused his strength onto their fading presences and wrapped tendrils of the void around their forms as best as he knew. The Shadow enveloped his left hand as he clenched it whispering one word, "PAIN."

As Banjax was finished reloading his gun, he aimed it back at the doorway. He saw a land summoning something. Judging from a shriek outside, he seemed kind of successful. But another thing got his full attention. "Are you nuts?!" He yelled at the forsaken archer but too late. As she was in line of sight, multiple archers lying in ambush outside pulled the triggers of their crossbows. A hail of high velocity bolts threw Kelara to the ground, three hitting her square in the chest, breaking multiple ribs, while a forth got stuck in her thigh, shattering a bone. "dammit. dammit. dammit." While Banjax knew she was a Forsaken, and most likely still alive, he still had to get her out of that spot. He reached into his pocket and threw a handful of smoke bombs into the doorway. "Help me Aland!" He commanded as he ran through the smoke, grabbing the rangers shoulder and trying to pull her back.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-07-02 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    The ranger didn't even get to the door before she saw the people lying in wait outside. To her one side a pillar, to the other a table. There was no chance in hell to get out of the line of fire. This had made no sense to her at all, as the bolts flew through the air. If they had this many people ready to be sacrificed, surely they'd have more resources to kill off a single Goblin?.. Surely they'd be able to assassinate a minor group such at their own?.. It all made no sense to her. No sense at all.
    Covering her chest as best she could with her arms, the bolts impacted with a nasty sound of bones breaking. Few of them barely grazed her, leaving nothing but slight cut marks, while others got visually stuck to her like a napkin filled with needles. The crossbow bolts were partially stuck in her chest and partially in her arms, effectively making her unable to move them at all. Staggering on her feet, Kelara collapsed as the last bolt impacted her thigh. Yet, in a somewhat awkward movement she made sure to fall sideways, knocking over the table and somewhat screening her from the line of fire at the front. Also making it easier to evacuate her.

Well.. I've never been caught in such a bad position before.. Perhaps undeath has made me sloppy..? Kelara thought to herself as a comical grin spread upon her face.. a second death would not be something to scare her off. In her own world she was an abomination, and being laid to rest for good wasn't the worst thing she could imagine...
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2012-07-02 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aland dashed towards Banjax and reached past him grabbing Kelara's other shoulder and yanked her back. "Stay still!" He ordered Kelara. He only glanced at her wounds but bones were nothing to fix, just a bit of time. What the arrows might be coated in concerned him more. A feet back and they were clear from the open door or any windows. "Fight through the pain. If you fall unconscious I'll have to invade your mind." The tendrils of shadow receded from the enemies outside as Aland's medical training took over. He focused and wrapped shadow energies around the arrows and navigated them out as best he could.

As Banjax pulled Kelara together with Aland the smoke slowly cleared. The two of them were able to pull the wounded ranger behind a table. As Banjax saw Aland heal Kelara through his shadow magic, only thing he was able to mutter was "creepy bastards." As all of them were in cover, the goblin trimmed his gun at the door again, and assessed the situation. "This building is solid stone, so we are safe for the moment. If they had enough explosives to do damage they would have done so in the first place. But we somehow need to get outside without getting turned into pincushions."

((You guys might to check out the suggestion thread of the RP.))
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2012-07-02 at 10:17 PM.