Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking of resubbing......

Howdy guys and gals,

It's been a long time since i have played Swtor and after seeing the addition of lfg in the latest patch its made me wanna come back and see how its progressed =)

So from all the changes/patches that have occured can u guys tell me how its like now - Server pops better etc.

Cheers all!

Server population has skyrocketed. Some servers are still having queues at prime time, and I've seen 1000 or more people on the fleet at a time. The community has basically been consolidated and population isn't an issue (as long as you're on one of the "main" servers anyway). I don't know about other servers, but the 2 servers I play on have had their community just explode with activity. Jung Ma (RP-PvP) has a ton of community events posted almost every week now.

Deleted
    They've been allowing migration from the lower populated servers - some even recieving warnings that the servers would be put offline. This has meant that for the medium and bigger servers population have gone up a ton. The features that are being added are also extremely helpful for the game experience

I am in the same boat really the game hasnt changed much if your looking for some more challenging pvp, and a higher population i would come back otherwise i would wait for the free version

Quote Originally Posted by Shilack View Post
    I am in the same boat really the game hasnt changed much if your looking for some more challenging pvp, and a higher population i would come back otherwise i would wait for the free version
    So drop $15 and come back. I guarantee you you won't be disappointed. You'll likely want to take advantage of the free transfer option (takes literally a couple minutes if that), then log into a highly populated fleet where you can take advantage of LFG for random HM flashpoints, or just keep an eye on general chat where there's constant display of people looking for more for rated WZs and forming rated WZ groups.

With legacy perks, alt leveling has never been easier or more enjoyable, and there's also been the addition of a new WZ since you last played (Novare Coast), as well as a tactical change to Void Star (the addition of a downed fence between the starting areas so the defending team has to commit to defending one side or the other, and can't move between the two so easy).

I was in your position when 1.2 dropped (albeit on different terms, not as much of a PVPer as you are), and I came back about two months ago and haven't regretted it one bit. I'm enjoying the game more than ever, have leveled numerous alts to various degrees since (all 30+) and have really enjoyed myself running LFG EV and KP (with a DPS Q at that - my new toon will be a tank).

People are going to say what they're going to say (including me), but by far the best way to find out if you'll enjoy something is to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilack View Post
    Ranked WZs have started and server populations are huge.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm finding myself in a similar situation, so if you don't mind I'm going to hijack your thread a bit.

I'm thinking of maybe playing the Sith side this time, hoping it will be more interesting than playing a Jedi.
    So if I transfer my level 38 Jedi with level 11 in Legcy to a new server where I have 0 toons, it will apply to all characters I create on that new server, even if it's on a different faction, correct?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm finding myself in a similar situation, so if you don't mind I'm going to hijack your thread a bit.

I'm thinking of maybe playing the Sith side this time, hoping it will be more interesting than playing a Jedi.
    So if I transfer my level 38 Jedi with level 11 in Legcy to a new server where I have 0 toons, it will apply to all characters I create on that new server, even if it's on a different faction, correct?
    Correct, you keep your legacy. You can choose to rename it if you want as well after transferring.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Correct. TOR does not limit you to one faction or the other based on the server type like WoW does (or at least use to do).

You will have to rename your legacy, regardless, but you can name it to be the same legacy if that name is not already taken.

So if I transfer my level 38 Jedi with level 11 in Legacy to a new server where I have 0 toons, it will apply to all characters I create on that new server, even if it's on a different faction, correct?
    You can also mail credits cross faction as well. So you can unload your credits from your Jedi to a new Sith. You can then buy the "speeder piloting at level 10" perk if you have the 40k if you wanted.
    Last edited by pipda; 2012-07-02 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Alright, thanks for the fast replies.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Alright, thanks for the fast replies.
    Another cross-faction change they've made with 1.3 is the GTNs are all interlinked now - neutral, republic, and empire are all one big market, accessible from every GTN kiosk in the galaxy. This makes finding and selling things tons easier, with the new populations and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things are good, population is nice on the selected destination servers for transfer. The Group Finder has definitely opened up the leveling content and the random rewards are Planet Comms so you are able to purchase more of that gear as you level. Graphics have been enhanced and the game looks beautiful now.

thinking to resub too.. Many people said that have see a major graphics update on latest patch but from what I ve read they have made tweaks for people with medium or low system spec. Has anyone seen improved graphics on high end computers too? I remember at the start that there weren't high res textures and the character and their gear was looking weird, is that fixed too?

EDIT: If I get a warning to move to a more populated server or my server is empty and wanna transfer what happens to my name if someone on the other server have this name?Am I forced to Rename? I remember when Aion did this we have kept our names with the word of our old server..for example I was on Telemechus server and the name from John (example) became JohnTL ...
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-07-02 at 08:45 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    thinking to resub too.. Many people said that have see a major graphics update on latest patch but from what I ve read they have made tweaks for people with medium or low system spec. Has anyone seen improved graphics on high end computers too? I remember at the start that there weren't high res textures and the character and their gear was looking weird, is that fixed too?
    high res textures went in, in 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    high res textures went in, in 1.2
    thanks for the very quick answer :P I have edited my post if you can please answer me to the edited question I would appreciate, thanks
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

When you change servers if someone has your name you'll have to rename the toon with the already taken names. You also will have to rename your legacy, but you should try the name you already had (if you liked it) just to check because you get the prompt to name your legacy regardless if someone has that name already or not.

thank you :P I hope my server is good enough and will not need to transfer, cause I like my toon names!

EDIT: Well I have added a sub and logged in to my character. I don't know what they have changed but my character is very very skinny! It wasn't like this before, probably they have changed that..the problem is how can I change this?do they have any kind of re-customize?
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-07-02 at 09:06 PM.

you should make a ticket about that, it's definitely not supposed to happen
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Server population has skyrocketed. Some servers are still having queues at prime time, and I've seen 1000 or more people on the fleet at a time. The community has basically been consolidated and population isn't an issue (as long as you're on one of the "main" servers anyway). I don't know about other servers, but the 2 servers I play on have had their community just explode with activity. Jung Ma (RP-PvP) has a ton of community events posted almost every week now.
    What servers are the most active right now? Played on the beta and am just now getting around to buying the game.