Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    And this is why guns should be banned. I don't expect Americans to agree with me of course, but I would like to point them in the direction of gun crime levels in other countries.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    What do people expect to happen when practically anyone can get a gun. Stuff like this makes me glad i live in the U.K. Atleast with a knife you have a chance to get away.
    People having guns means that as soon as a psychopath has a bad day and something like this happens its an instant death, as opposed to him beating the guy to death, where atleast someone else might have been able to help him.

Deleted
    Roop later told police that he shot Rainey in the head “for effect” and that he had three no trespassing signs on his property. Roop said he feared for his life.
    Roop said he feared for his life.

“I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me,” he told police. “I was in fear.”
    Yeah. Right. He was a moron with a gun and he should get the jail sentence coming to him. A lifetime ban on him using firearms would also be something I would cheerily vie for. Perhaps wishful thinking however.

Twat.

In this case, he's not going to be able to use Stand Your Ground. He would have to prove how his life was in danger, just yelling "I was afraid!" isn't enough to kill someone. Given the witnesses and history, he'll be guilty of murder.

Also, this isn't anything like the Zimmerman case. The Zimmerman case will come down to whether he was recklessly negligent in antagonizing Treyvon, knowing that he was packing a deadly weapon. Let's see what the court says about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    In this case, he's not going to be able to use Stand Your Ground. He would have to prove how his life was in danger, just yelling "I was afraid!" isn't enough to kill someone.
    People suffering from schizophrenia redefine what "life in danger" means in the court system.

15+ Year Old Account
    In this case, he's not going to be able to use Stand Your Ground. He would have to prove how his life was in danger, just yelling "I was afraid!" isn't enough to kill someone. Given the witnesses and history, he'll be guilty of murder.

Also, this isn't anything like the Zimmerman case. The Zimmerman case will come down to whether he was recklessly negligent in antagonizing Treyvon, knowing that he was packing a deadly weapon. Let's see what the court says about it.
    Did you miss that some people stated the excuse for the murder already? "HE HAD TRESPASS SIGNS, 3 OF THEM. WHAT DO YOU THINK THOSE MEANT?"
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Did you miss that some people stated the excuse for the murder already? "HE HAD TRESPASS SIGNS, 3 OF THEM. WHAT DO YOU THINK THOSE MEANT?"
    Under Florida law:
    To what extent am I, the property owner, responsible for trespassers?
    The property owner's duty to such persons is to not intentionally injure the trespasser.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fe111 *Note: on a university link discussing state law.

Actual statutes here: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/

Next question?
    Last edited by Maios; 2012-08-03 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    People suffering from schizophrenia redefine what "life in danger" means in the court system.
    People with schizophrenia are normaly legaly insane, they don't go to prison but getting locked up anyway. (And should never get their hands on a gun again)

15+ Year Old Account
    Under Florida law:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fe111

Next question?
    Did you miss the bigass ironic smiley I had in the end?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    People with schizophrenia are normaly legaly insane, they don't go to prison but getting locked up anyway. (And should never get their hands on a gun again)
    If he does get treated differently for being legally insane then the people responsible for checking him out before agreeing to give him a concealed weapons license should be the next in the dock.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Yep. That's murder alright. Throw his ass in jail.

And yes. This is coming from a strong proponent for guns >_> Believe it or not. We're not black hearted bastards who want to watch the world burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    And yes. This is coming from a strong proponent for guns >_> Believe it or not. We're not black hearted bastards who want to watch the world burn.
    But only because you are gun nuts and not pyromaniacs!

15+ Year Old Account
    But only because you are gun nut and a maniac!
    Sorry, couldn't resist, no offense

I never said I wasn't both.
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Also, the crazy guy didn't follow all the rules for posting "no trespassing" signs in the first place:

(5)(a) “Posted land” is that land upon which:
    1. Signs are placed not more than 500 feet apart along, and at each corner of, the boundaries of the land, upon which signs there appears prominently, in letters of not less than 2 inches in height, the words “no trespassing” and in addition thereto the name of the owner, lessee, or occupant of said land. Said signs shall be placed along the boundary line of posted land in a manner and in such position as to be clearly noticeable from outside the boundary line;
    He didn't post at the corners, and he didn't include the name of the land owner.

Also, the crazy guy didn't follow all the rules for posting "no trespassing" signs in the first place:

He didn't post at the corners, and he didn't include the name of the land owner.
    Yeah. He's going to be in deep shit, and rightfully so.

That sucks. Although there is the stand your ground law, he should still be punished. If seafood and steak instill fear in him, then he has more problems that federal prison will correct...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    head-shooting a man on the ground in execution style, while he is incapacitated is considered a war crime. In war you know the other guy WAS trying to kill you 2 min ago, and still you are not allowed to execute people in that manner. No amount of "no-trespassing" signs are gonna save this man from jail time or worse, and he deserves "the worse".

I think most door-to-door salesman are illiterate. I have a "no-solicitors" sign on my front door and every couple of weeks I still get someone knocking on the door, trying to sell something or hand out something. And every time, they seem to think that they are the exception.

I don't know why the guy felt threatened enough to kill the salesman. I wasn't there and I don't know what was going through his mind. But it just seems to me that as of late, people have become extremely aggressive toward one another and just based completely on my personal opinion, I think he knew the law and completely abused it for the sole purpose of killing someone because he felt he was in the right to do so.

It seems everytime I turn around, innocent people are being killed with guns. Sometimes I wonder what will happen when all of the hate and anger boils over.

I agree.

One thing people here are missing about the law in florida is that "he" had to feel his life was in danger, our opinions of what danger means is irrelevant, its all based on his interpretation.