Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Illidan riding Deathwing...I am so IN.
    No not really. What I enjoyed was the amount of true sarcasm that agrees with my thread.

Deleted
    The best art(entertainment) comes from an uncomprimised vision realised to its fullest potential by the creator. Anything that's the product of boardroom thinking is usually saw through by those that know the medium as the insipid trash that it is. However, if your bottom line is bums in sets/heads in headphones then you can pand(a)er to the lowest common denominator in an effort to please everyone, producing something that is mildly diverting but that does not achieve the levels of "true" art. Imo, up until and including ICC wow felt that there was a person or small group of people with a concise vision of how the game should be developing and progressing but Cata felt like lots of decent ideas but no brilliant ones delivered alongside a much less interesting plot and MoP sounds like more of that type of thinking. I'll be happy to proved wrong but it feels like there's no one shooting down the bad ideas, no firm hand on the reins. I loved the raid design of the first two tiers of cata and the world redesign was a good job imo, as were the first set of dungeons but it all just felt so horribly unconnected somehow.

I think it's more a case of Blizzard not having a clear enough vision of what they want and poor/lack of leadership at the higher levels, OR the creative vision is controlled by suits who want more $'s rather than the refinement of the game as opposed to listening to the community. Apart from balance issues and transmog can you state what Blizzard have actually did to bend over for the community? I'm not sure I can tbh.
    Last edited by mmoc2048b0a524; 2012-08-13 at 10:02 PM. Reason: transmog, not reforging lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Many of the problems we have now were caused by the community wanting something without looking at the harm it could cause to the game. Maybe the community isn't as smart as it thinks it is. Maybe blizzard should just step back and realize, the community is to full of contradictions in explaining what it wants to be taken seriously. Maybe blizzard should design they game more according to their own opinion of how a MMO should be and just tune the community out a bit.
    I think Blizzard should just tell the vocal minority to stfu and get off their game if they dont like it that much. Unless they suddenly lose 50% of their subs or some such non-sense I think they are doing just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Isn't that the complete opposite of what you were advocating just a day ago in the thread I closed:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-with-the-devs
    Perhaps he realised how wrong he was?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You don't, hence why RF gear is not the same as HC gear, and challenge mode will reward people who are skilled, and better than others, so really, i have no idea what you're going on about
    Blizzard will nerf challenge mode so ALL people can get that gold medal to get that new gear. And the LFR is just a content killer, nothing more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Because the Dark Side of the Force and searching my inner feelings through the guidance of a WWF animal is not my idea of fighting anything in Warcraft. As far as I'm concerned, this expansion is about nothing besides new talent trees, abilities, and a completely filler continent which ultimately brings nothing to the Warcraft story as it is, at least, from what I've been able to tell in the quests from the beta.
    Well, I never wanted the WotLK expansion. Arthas was awesome and LK was awesome, but that was in WC3. It worked once in WotLK, the first quests in Howling Fjord on alliance. After that it was just "NOOOOOOO! No more scourge and LK please!".

But... but... but.... they should listen to me! I can improve the game!

Blizzard listening to people on the forums is probably what is bringing the game "down"

Yes, I mean the official WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Well, I never wanted the WotLK expansion. Arthas was awesome and LK was awesome, but that was in WC3. It worked once in WotLK, the first quests in Howling Fjord on alliance. After that it was just "NOOOOOOO! No more scourge and LK please!".
    I wasn't happy about most of WOTLK either in terms of relation to the Lich King and trust me, neither weren't a lot of other people. The way they took him out especially was outrageous for many of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If Blizz listened to the community around here the game would have died 2 years ago.
    Well, they should at least listen to them when it comes to Beta. As a great deal of testers told them outright, not to let Cataclysm leave beta as it was, not to mention there existed more faults with it than just bugs and glitches.

Most Voice i see tend be biggest whiniest folks in game is 1% think there elites and the need stuff it. Not everyone in raiding guild and let see the set there standers on way to high stats.. not have fun!This game and to have fun .
    Fun what you make of it and not fun when have someone camp you or GY camp in BG. MoP one Exp changes all that and none you snubs seem understand this NOT CATA!
    No more overpowered class,have relearn are toons and got say Like or Lump it!

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Well, they should at least listen to them when it comes to Beta. As a great deal of testers told them outright, not to let Cataclysm leave beta as it was, not to mention there existed more faults with it than just bugs and glitches.
    The be honest about this; World of Warcraft would've never left the beta stage for classic and still be in development today. The community always wants to prolong the beta, always.

(NOTE: I don't mean in a good / bad way.)

Because the Dark Side of the Force and searching my inner feelings through the guidance of a WWF animal is not my idea of fighting anything in Warcraft. As far as I'm concerned, this expansion is about nothing besides new talent trees, abilities, and a completely filler continent which ultimately brings nothing to the Warcraft story as it is, at least, from what I've been able to tell in the quests from the beta.
    1. Which quests?
    2. You're complaining about pandas being in a game that features cows, elves, orcs, gnomes, goblins, and things that go "AWWOUUUAHMUAH!!!" Funny the way it is, isn't it?
    3. Pandarians have been in the lore since...well, WARCRAFT 3! I'm guessing their lore is sort of, y'know, already established for those that know the lore and the real history behind their creation beyond the April Fools stuff.

All they had to do was give me the restoration of Stromgarde sworn to be done by Danath and Alleria going beserk after her return and seeing what Sylvanas had done, and that would have been cause enough for me to believe in Metzen's "this expansion is about war". As it is, it seems they have no real idea about the path they want to take with this expansion.
    Or you could've listened to Meltzen talk about how Pandaria is known for being peaceful, and nothing bad has happened there...until we come to it and fuck it up WITH our war. We wage war, but then they come in, join us, and show us WHY we wage war.

And wait...Alleria is going to be pissed at Sylvannas helping us kill the leader of the Scourge? What exactly...has she done in Cata beyond some stuff in Silverpine Forest?

Oh, we want it to be about war, but...

have some inner soul-searching while you're at it.
    Which is basically what some of the NPCs during the course of this ENTIRE GAME have been saying: they HATE how the Alliance and Horde cannot seem to get over this war they have, and things get done a LOT easier when they unite as one against a common enemy, like Lich King and Deathwing. They came together to infiltrate ICC and kill the Scourge leader. They came together to seal DW in the Maelstrom. But when there's nothing better to do, they fight each other, and that's where the frustrations begin with those in the neutral factions.

Thing is, if you only listened to what Meltzen actually said, you would've known stuff like this. We've always had people telling us to come to peace (hell, do that four parter quest chain to merge Thrall back together; in Vashj'ir, you'll see that even HE wanted the war to end), but it'll be the Pandarien that really show us something about the reasons...which will be quite the interesting thing to find out (besides "because they CAN").
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    1. Which quests?
    2. You're complaining about pandas being in a game that features cows, elves, orcs, gnomes, goblins, and things that go "AWWOUUUAHMUAH!!!" Funny the way it is, isn't it?
    3. Pandarians have been in the lore since...well, WARCRAFT 3! I'm guessing their lore is sort of, y'know, already established for those that know the lore and the real history behind their creation beyond the April Fools stuff.

Or you could've listened to Meltzen talk about how Pandaria is known for being peaceful, and nothing bad has happened there...until we come to it and fuck it up WITH our war. We wage war, but then they come in, join us, and show us WHY we wage war.

And wait...Alleria is going to be pissed at Sylvannas helping us kill the leader of the Scourge? What exactly...has she done in Cata beyond some stuff in Silverpine Forest?

Which is basically what some of the NPCs during the course of this ENTIRE GAME have been saying: they HATE how the Alliance and Horde cannot seem to get over this war they have, and things get done a LOT easier when they unite as one against a common enemy, like Lich King and Deathwing. They came together to infiltrate ICC and kill the Scourge leader. They came together to seal DW in the Maelstrom. But when there's nothing better to do, they fight each other, and that's where the frustrations begin with those in the neutral factions.

Thing is, if you only listened to what Meltzen actually said, you would've known stuff like this. We've always had people telling us to come to peace (hell, do that four parter quest chain to merge Thrall back together; in Vashj'ir, you'll see that even HE wanted the war to end), but it'll be the Pandarien that really show us something about the reasons...which will be quite the interesting thing to find out (besides "because they CAN").
    Every race you compared to pandaren is interesting. They are not. There's nothing funny about it, not sure what's so funny to you.

Pandarens have been in the lore since the Founding of Durotar. That is their only contribution to the Warcarft lore, and a questionable one at that, considering they were just a hero unit that seemed to exist there for the lulz. Needless to say, their appearance was received with mixed feelings. Even their INCESSANTLY mentioned keg quest in the Barrens was removed.

Why would I want pandarens to show me why I wage war? I know why I wage war. I wage war because:

1. I'm the Alliance, and the Horde has made my people suffer, and continues to do so.
    2. I need resources, and the Horde is taking them from me.
    3. Garrosh is planning the Third War.
    4. Warcraft.

Sylvanas has joined the Horde, which destroyed Quel'Thalas in the First War. As far as Alleria is concerned, the reason she's been away from her homeland and why her people suffered so much was because of them. Sylvanas joining them will cause the same reaction in her as it did in Zul'Jin after the Elves joined the Horde during the Zul'Aman campaign. Alleria is a fanatic of anti-Horde, she won't stand seeing what her sister has become.

Medivh made us ally once, and it didn't work after the threat dissipated. The alliance was made because Archimonde threatened all of Azeroth. Once he was gone, scores needed to be settled. There's too much tension, and too much bad blood between the races. It's like asking the Middle East to make peace. Whatever Metzen says is bullshit, I heard him talk and he contradicted himself with everything he said during WOTLK and Cataclysm, when he was going on and on about how WoW was going back to Warcraft style and the main focus would be PVP, i.e faction war in lore terms.

This...pandaria crap was just a way to quickly come up with filler content to cut losses due to boredom and other MMOs coming out, while they think up something better or work on Titan. Compared to WOTLK, BC, hell, even Cataclysm, everything I've played in the Panda beta feels as forced as and cheap as Arthas' demise.

Someone report me so I get banned for a few more weeks I feel I'm gonna waste a lot more time going in circles with you people again.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2012-08-13 at 11:50 PM.

If Blizzard actually listened to the community the next expansion wouldn't be the joke it's going to be.
    Community: GLIZZARD RAIDS TO HARD. I PAY $15 MONTH FOR RAID I CANNOT DO. NERF RAIDS

Blizzard: We have nerfred raids.

Community: OMFG GLIZZARD YOU SUCK. RAIDS TO EASY LIKE OMG A FHIVE YEAR OLD CAN DO IT. THIS GAME SHIT NAO. YOU SUCK GLIZZARD. PPHHHUUUUUU

Blizzard: We made raids harder now.

Community: OMFG GLIZZARD WHY PAY YOU MONEY WHEN I GET NO RAIDS. I CAN'T DO RAIDES CAUSE THEY TO HARD. WHY YOU MAKE THEM HARD? YOU NO GET MONEY.

Blizzard: We created a new buff that over time, weakens the raid. If you still want to do the raid at its original, harder level, you can remove the buff.

Community: OMFG GLIZZARD WHY DO BUFF. NAO CAUSUALS CAN DO THAT RAIDS. I PAY $15 TO FEEL LIKE A BOSS AND FEEL BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. OMG YOU SUCK GLIZZARD. I'MA LEAVE AND GO PLAY SWTOR SINCE THAT CAME WILL DESTROY WOW. PPHHHUUU GLIZZARD.
    So yeah. The community doesn't know what it wants. So many voices but no one really knows who's the majority or the minority.

Someone report me so I get banned for a few more weeks I feel I'm gonna waste a lot more time going in circles with you people again.
    Happy to oblige.

These are rather bold claims. People complained that they wanted something new and unexpected...so they brought in the content of Pandaria with completely new lore, races, monsters, raids, etc. Now people like you are complaining it does "nothing" for the story. Have you read the whole story? How do you know it adds nothing to the story? I can give you one example that will completely prove you wrong: The Kalaxxi (sp?) fought with the old gods in that big bug war thousands of years ago. We never knew about that until now. Again, this is just ONE example for the sake of time and space. There are plenty more examples.

Deleted
    3. Garrosh is planning the Third War.
    Fourth War.

But, do tell, where would you have that amazing war that you so eagerly describe?

That's where Pandaria enters.

Also, to those who say that "Pandas" are childish and do nothing for WoW lore, please read these very intriguing articles.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/kn...-lore-emerges/

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/07/31/kn...had-to-happen/

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/07/29/kn...lore-of-mists/

All of the lore and story is there if you want it.

If Blizzard actually listened to the community the next expansion wouldn't be the joke it's going to be.
    You're right, it'd be the worst, most miserable, god awful pathetic destruction of WoW (or any game for that matter) and result in sub losses with a steeper trend than the Black Monday crash in 1929 if they listened to the "community".