Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonTurky View Post
    Can someone ban this moron already ._.?
    Going as far as to call him/her a moron would be too much. Reporting is the way to go.

@Troll, that is indeed true. but most of these people are hypocrites anyway.
    Arabs form a race and they form a distribution all over the world as well as sharing different views.

@Troll, that is indeed true. but most of these people are hypocrites anyway.
    Who?

Well muslims use it as an excuse to destroy things and blow people up and everyones too afraid to do anything against them because if you burn 1 of their fairy tale books you get an entire country of raging arabic/muslim retards on your ass if not more wich is probably even in possession of nuclear weapons...

I dont know but i feel a third world war comming up and the muslims will play a huge part in this.

Inb4 infraction.
    ...and such judgmental statements and hostility make you any different? If so, are you not the hypocrite in doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    It's not even that old... it's a copy of the bible with stuff edited just like a movie
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And the bible is a copy of the Torah, with a sequel tacked on.
    Have you even read those books?

This is like saying Avengers and Justice League is the same just because they are based on super heroes banding together to fight the great evils of universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunAkke View Post
    I don't understand Iranian history all that well maybe you could shed some light.

In 1979 in revolution the Iranians rebelled against the Shah even though it was a very western style society and closely allied with the US, Israel and UK.

Now many Iranians are unhappy with the current Islamic government which is what they rebelled for right?
    One of my ex girlfriends is half Iranian, and she explained basically what happened.

The revolution happened, but the moment the old government was disposed the current government seized power and made things even worse. So basically they got rid of the old tyrant, and got an even worse one during the chaos at their moment of victory.

Its incredibly sad. And the reason the terrible government is still in power is because its backed up by the state religion. And they also abuse their own laws - there is a law stating all children should be considered wards of the state and thus protected, but then their religious leader declared ALL Iranians are to be considered children in the eyes of Allah and thus should be protected. Hense the crazy restrictive rules.

Hopefully the next revolution will be more successful. But revolutions have a bad habit of being stolen by religious zealots at the last moment.

Oh, and as an aside, no-one mentioned Atheism until someone else started bashing Atheists. Jumping to conclusions is a bad thing - not every sane person is non-religious. There are a great deal of intelligent believers. Which I'm not one of, but who's counting?

Good luck to any decent person living in Iran. Losing your escape is a terrible thing, now you'll find it harder to ignore the horrors your government is inflicting upon you. I hope you join the civilised community soon. We'll be really glad to have you, truely.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    "Humans... The source for all our wars and misery."
    True.

Humans are also the source of all our religions. There are many people who use religion to justify despicable acts, and don't pretend they just use it as a tool, there are delillusional people out there who are die-hard believers.

But banning religion would never work, nor do I agree with that. Everyone should have the freedom of opinion, but opinion should not mix with the goverment. So what I want is an seperation of church and state, which is mostly true here in Sweden. Less so in the US & Middle-east amongst others.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to walk on a fine line here, lets try to avoid religious talk before the thread is closed/people get banned

It really does suck that the have banned people from playing WoW, though there are so many other things with that country. Honestly, reading things like this makes me cherish and helps me appreciate what I have and being born in Cananda. Hoping things get resolved there at some point :-\

Deleted
    So yes,This is true,They banned this Game IPs....
    For ME as a Core raider its end of My wow Carrier,Thanks to These Retarded goverment.
    even though u can still login with Proxy,With the risk of being Locked,But Ms will be around 1k Min.GG...

15+ Year Old Account
    To the OP and all those affected by this, I wish you the best with everything going on there. I know its been rough in what we've seen on the news in the US and I'm sure its always worse than what they show. To all those arguing about religion, I know its relevant as the block happened for religious reasons. I know all religious books are stories written by man and in the same category as the fantasy books they are banning. The book's intentions however are good and its a shame that so many misguided followers misuse or intentionally misunderstand their teachings. Please try not to continue flaming back and forth so this topic can stay open for the support of those affected by this. I'm sure there are a lot of Iranians just looking for places to vent at the moment. Luckily MMO-Champion seems to still be available to them.

Deleted
    It really amazes me how ignorant ppl on these forums are.

And this racism/prejudice is allowed. Yet if it was about another religion, or race, or group = insta ban/condemnation etc..
    Just because Iran bans WoW, you think its ok to insult Islam and the Quran.

Firstly, what 1 country does, does NOT represent an entire religion, I have played wow in Saudi Arabia and Egypt without any problems, both Muslim countries.
    Secondly, Iran are mainly shiittee however you spell it, and in my views they do not represent Islam one bit.

You can believe whatever you want, you follow whichever religion you want or none if that is your preference, that however does not give you the right to bash Islam just because you have limited knowledge and ASSUME that a small group of individuals represent almost half the worlds population.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    inb4 self-proclaimed intellectual atheists attack all religion.

Too late.
    Atheists attacking religion? Last I check the only ones who did any attacking are the religious against the religious, while the atheists sit back and watch as they destroy each other while claiming they each are the true religion. Religion is just another word for war anyways.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-08-22 at 12:53 PM.

Such offending claims in this thread towards muslims...It's shocking.
    {broken sig link}

And suddenly this went from how stupid a country can be to a religious flame-war. *facepalm*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah guys, please don't get me banned over this. Stay away from da voodoo (being religious wars).

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And suddenly this went from how stupid a country can be to a religious flame-war. *facepalm*
    Guess it goes to show just how much religion screws with everything.... Mention it on a forum you have a flame war, mention it in a small assembly and you have a verbal war, mention it on a global scale and you have a real war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    The book's intentions however are good and its a shame that so many misguided followers misuse or intentionally misunderstand their teachings.
    They clearly state and approve rape, slavery, genocide, child abuse,... How can they have good intentions?

If you're going to talk about religion, keep your head cool. We should be fine, however there have been a few flame-posts already so maybe it'll get banned anyway (why can't they just ban the flamers instead?).

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Guess it goes to show just how much religion screws with everything.... Mention it on a forum you have a flame war, mention it in a small assembly and you have a verbal war, mention it on a global scale and you have a real war.
    Exactly. This is the reason why we should discuss it, not pretend it's forbidden to talk about it.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-08-22 at 12:59 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    Well, as if life of an Iranian couldn't get worse, the Battle.net became completely inaccessible as of today.

Look at how moronic the reasons for this act are:

1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
    2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence (I'm not exaggerating this is exactly what they wrote).
    3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
    4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

The day that an Islamic regime bans something for promotion of superstition and mythology is the day that I want to burn myself alive. I mean. COME. ON! Your entire existence is based on myth and superstition and you ban World of Warcraft for that?!?!?!?!?!

And it's not just WoW or D3 or StarCraft.. There's GuildWars and tons of other titles. This government is hell bent against people having fun. We don't have bars, discos obviously because we live under God's holy vicegerent, Ayatollah Khamenei the Supreme Leader. About 90% of the internet is already blocked, fantasy books are banned. Basically anything with reference to magic and high fantasy is banned. I'm not kidding, they have been pulling books from an already dead book market for exact same reasons. Movies and TV shows based on fantasy and mythology and magic is also banned from national television. Everything in this fucking country is now illegal, I have no idea what would it take for people to grow a pair and stand up for themselves now. I really, really don't know.

I'm so frustrated right now I can punch pigeon, or a very cute dog.
    Stop insulting their religion and give us valid points, you are being a dog plain and simple. They do not have a devolved sense of morality in some countries. Profanity nudity sex and violence are not global mainstreams of entertainment. I'd also watch your damned tongue when speaking about myths and religion. Myths are believed to be false or exaggerated stories, Religion is commonly believed to be real by followers of the faith. Honestly worry less about others and more about yourself.

They should compensate with releasing a game like, World of Allah, or something. So that you still have something to entertain yourself with.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Stop insulting their religion and give us valid points, you are being a dog plain and simple. They do not have a devolved sense of morality in some countries. Profanity nudity sex and violence are not global mainstreams of entertainment. I'd also watch your damned tongue when speaking about myths and religion. Myths are believed to be false or exaggerated stories, Religion is commonly believed to be real by followers of the faith. Honestly worry less about others and more about yourself.
    Religious beliefs affect us all and are relevant to none-belivers as much as believers in different faiths.
    Last edited by Niku; 2012-08-22 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    It really amazes me how ignorant ppl on these forums are.

And this racism/prejudice is allowed. Yet if it was about another religion, or race, or group = insta ban/condemnation etc..
    Just because Iran bans WoW, you think its ok to insult Islam and the Quran.

Firstly, what 1 country does, does NOT represent an entire religion, I have played wow in Saudi Arabia and Egypt without any problems, both Muslim countries.
    Secondly, Iran are mainly shiittee however you spell it, and in my views they do not represent Islam one bit.

You can believe whatever you want, you follow whichever religion you want or none if that is your preference, that however does not give you the right to bash Islam just because you have limited knowledge and ASSUME that a small group of individuals represent almost half the worlds population.

Thanks for reading.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They reached 5th page and not a single mod did something. I think Boub needs more active mods

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    True.

Humans are also the source of all our religions. There are many people who use religion to justify despicable acts, and don't pretend they just use it as a tool, there are delillusional people out there who are die-hard believers.

But banning religion would never work, nor do I agree with that. Everyone should have the freedom of opinion, but opinion should not mix with the goverment. So what I want is an separation of church and state, which is mostly true here in Sweden. Less so in the US & Middle-east amongst others.
    The source of the religions may be "divine" or "human" in which they state that their credibility is to be and will be questionable to test their believers etc.
    Though this is not the topic of our discussion and if it would be then I would not be able to discuss much longer as the knowledge I have gained so farm my studies of these fields have never gone as far as to criticize and analyze their origin.

However, trying to justify actions that account to a particular religion or an ideal is never really the way to go unless it deems so in the core which is another problem due to problems with linguistics. Some of the sources of religious books such as bible, qu'ran, to'rah and sutras to name a few are written in ancient languages and it is rather their interpretations that we are presented with while not being able to understand the original language at its heart.

However, I agree that within this global world unless literally all the people under its sovereignty want them to do otherwise, the state and their ideal that is tied to their religion or belief-system should be separated.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It ridiculous, but it really has nothing to do with the game or ideas but politics :/

Just be careful and be clever on your words man, the last thing you want is getting into trouble. (Don't take me wrong, i'm not warning you or anything lol, but I can perfectly imagine how frustrant things like this can be...)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Did the Ayatollah hijack this thread?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann