I'm not really against it but I don't think it's needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with it.

Apparently I'm not allowed to top the game thread, can someone else do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're not the last post in the thread, it doesn't matter as you'll bump it. If you are, it'll just do some added post thing

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 04:28 PM ----------

and since I was the last post, you can go post stuffs and it'll do its thing.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

can't wait wait to see who gets lynched ./popcorn.

I like dieing people.

Deleted
    So how often do games get run on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    So how often do games get run on this forum?
    It seems like old UT style where it was only 1 game at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we never had games go on for so long(I don't like it personally). We'd usually have 48 hr days max and usually 24-48 hr nights so games were over within a week or two and then we'd have another one being planned within another 2-3 weeks. I believe this mafia game is our 22nd? Need to confirm that, op says we've gad 22 already, 23 if you count 4a and 4b. We usually like bigger games so we don't split em up. We started playing basically early Jan of last years so almost 2 games per month on average.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:15 AM ----------

Also, I understand more time gives more room for discussion and allows certain people to play more, but most of our games were so god awful slow and people would lurk till like the closing hours before the deadline that having longer days was just boring.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Also, I understand more time gives more room for discussion and allows certain people to play more, but most of our games were so god awful slow and people would lurk till like the closing hours before the deadline that having longer days was just boring.
    Ya I can understand where you are coming from and agree to a point, however I think it helps the game in that it draws players in completely different timezones then most players (eg A lot of europeans/americans here so the longer days allow for aussies to play)

Is there a sign-up thread for modding a mafia or is a "sure we havent had one in a while why doesn't someone just start one up?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when it started, a then mod of mmo-c would do em shortly after a game would end. Then he had school stuffs come up so I took over moderating for a couple games, passed it to Foxximcleod and Arlee for a couple games and then Foxxi and I moderated the like next 6 or 7 games together til one of the games just disappointed us both. Foxxi disappeared and I didn't want to mod so we found some players(Keleb and Pud'n) to take over and Keleb kept on going till basically Greeney decided to finally mod a game(which he'd been posting about for a while now lol).

I tell you that to tell you this. Once a game would end, we'd basically open up a signup thread, usually a few days later, and after like 5-7 days of that, we'd close signups and figure out the setup and such.

Basically it's left up to whoever is the current moderating crew really as most people don't want to bother with it. Ive been considering moderating the next game but idk.

Also, we've had 23 games and while timezones were an issue sometimes, for the most part, everyone who played played and didn't complain much about not having enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Is there a sign-up thread for modding a mafia or is a "sure we havent had one in a while why doesn't someone just start one up?"
    I was told to discuss it with Arlee when I asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Keleb and Krayzy are still up for modding.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I think Keleb and Krayzy are still up for modding.
    Well, since Foxxi has popped back up, I've talked to her and she's said she might want to moderate again lol. I'd definitely mod with her if she did. Otherwise it'd be Keleb and Krayzy or whoever.

If you want to moderate, I'd suggest posting it here quite a bit and let it known when you plan on doing such a thing so that way anyone else won't think to moderate their own game.

Yea pretty much anyone who wants to mod can, I would just prefer them to talk either here or with me/other people who mod as opposed to just tossing up a sign-up thread only because that way we can rotate people when needed (so everyone gets a chance) and it just keeps everything more orderly

YOU know even with a long day the players could end it a lot quicker. Assuming they all participated right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    YOU know even with a long day the players could end it a lot quicker. Assuming they all participated right away.
    Yeah, but problem is the mentality of "no need to rush, we got X days remaining". When X>4, people tend to slack and not participate and then get active when there is 24h remaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Yeah, but problem is the mentality of "no need to rush, we got X days remaining". When X>4, people tend to slack and not participate and then get active when there is 24h remaining
    YES! People have done that a lot especially earlier on in this game even :3

If you want the day to end earlier, all you need to do is convince 51% of the playerbase to lynch someone before the time is up. I'm certain that over half the town is active enough to lynch someone with 24 hours if everyone agreed; If the majority wants a fast lynch then lynch someone quickly. If you're playing to win though, (at least based on my experience), it usually takes time to give everyone a chance to read up, post, defend, argue, post again, claim if necessary, vote to lynch regardless of where they are in the world. 48 hours is not enough time for that IMO unless only people from one specific timezone are playing the game.

When half the game is scum actively attempting to lynch a townie and the other half is town actively trying to lynch a scum it gets harder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    When a quarter of the game is scum actively attempting to lurk and another quarter is town actively lurking it gets harder
    fixed that for you