Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    It has nothing to do with gameplay being affected (not effected btw).

It has to do with more utter laziness on the part of the devs. Guess they were too busy making another snooze inducing scenario to spend 5 minutes typing up something different.
    Try to not correct grammar.

I won't pretend to know how easy it is to set up a mass mail out to people.

That said, 10/12 months that this letter would have applied to would be covered under Cataclysm. Statistically speaking it'd be quite relevant.

Sure a custom letter tailored to this would have been nice, but we didn't get it. Oh well. They're doing other things (Like 5.1). They have bigger fish to fry. At the end of the day, week, month, year you'll remember nothing about it and it'll have no outlasting harm.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I wasnt expecting anything tbh just like last year so i aint disappointed

Deleted
    I am a big fan of Blizzard and all, but this was just an incredibly stupid oversight.

I don't know if you guys are being idiots or just sarcastic, but it could just be a bug that it's showing last year's letter.

I would be more inclined to think they forgot the whole thing if the gift also said it was a 7 year gift. But it correctly says 8 year anniversary.

Deleted
    Oh no, Blizzard is a horrible company because they didn't write a new anniversary message. I didn't even read it.

Even if it would matter in any small way, they probably have their hands full with the BWC (of which the SC2 stream has actually been very good with very little problems).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Oh no, Blizzard is a horrible company because they didn't write a new anniversary message. I didn't even read it.

Even if it would matter in any small way, they probably have their hands full with the BWC (of which the SC2 stream has actually been very good with very little problems).
    ...that is the most retarded excuse anyone could come up with. HoTS, Path 5.1, or even Titan, Blizzard couldn't find 1 person to spend 30 seconds writing a thank you note to the people who have been supporting their game? Pathetic costumer care if you ask me.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puna View Post
    read the msg, totally last years msg, gg blizz, love you long time

Did you actually saved/screenshotted last year's mail? Really? Does it really matter?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely understand that they have other things to do but would it have been difficult to make the item increase leveling by 50% or 100%? As another said I was expecting to receive garbage and that is what I got so no harm done.

A mini pet? Ok save that for something big.
    A tabard? Save it for something big as well, let the event be a bit smaller perhaps than the pet.

Also if the note is the exact same as last year there really isn't a valid excuse for them doing that, you are just kidding yourself if you think there is. Prefer someone who knows about coding to reply, not wikipedia heroes but is it that difficult to slightly change the message or would it require a lot of effort?

The funny thing about this whole anniversary thing is how people expect to receive something when THEY DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING. This is just like expecting to receive a gift at someone else's birthday party. Also, as others have said, it's a bit silly to get all upset about a paragraph of text that you'll forget in a day or two. I'm not saying Blizzard wasn't a bit lazy on this but when someone is lazy about something trivial, by association, that laziness is also trivial.
    Last edited by j46ebucemag; 2012-11-18 at 09:08 AM.
    -Many thanks to Cocoacross for this amazing signature!-

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berph View Post
    that's so weak, not even the mail was updated but the item still stinks, if it was at least 50% or even 100%, i mean it doesnt last that long anyways ...
    Once used, the item does not disappear. You can use it again and again until the 8th anniversary event is concluded in 2 weeks.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    ...that is the most retarded excuse anyone could come up with. HoTS, Path 5.1, or even Titan, Blizzard couldn't find 1 person to spend 30 seconds writing a thank you note to the people who have been supporting their game? Pathetic costumer care if you ask me.
    You probably didn't read the part "even if it would matter in any small way".

Why do you care about something that doesn't affect you in any way? Seems to me people are trying really hard to make a problem out of ... nothing.
    I rather solve problems than create them, but oh well, people do this about everything in both games and in real life. Silly in my opinion. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

I won't pretend to know how easy it is to set up a mass mail out to people.

That said, 10/12 months that this letter would have applied to would be covered under Cataclysm. Statistically speaking it'd be quite relevant.

Sure a custom letter tailored to this would have been nice, but we didn't get it. Oh well. They're doing other things (Like 5.1). They have bigger fish to fry. At the end of the day, week, month, year you'll remember nothing about it and it'll have no outlasting harm.

This is at least the fifth year they've had an anniversary with a mass mail out, you'd think they'd have a fair idea of what they're doing by now.

As for them working on 5.1, do you think their marketing department is coding their patches? The community team? What about Mike Morhaime, Rob Pardo? Do you think these people are neck deep in code, or designing new models or testing game balance? There are people at Blizzard who's job it is to take care of things such as this, not everyone in Blizzard is working on the latest patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition, how many people would have actually known it was Blizzard's 8th anniversary if they didn't send mail to anyone? People would probably complain less if they sent nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercincor View Post
    There are people at Blizzard who's job it is to take care of things such as this, not everyone in Blizzard is working on the latest patch.
    I'm sure blizzard keeps a crack squad for sending out yearly anniversary mail. They must have the hardest one day a year job ever.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You people can't seriously be making a serious issue out of this. Like really. You feel the need to hate Blizzard so damned much (even though you still play their game), that you have to make a big deal out of every. Single. Fucking. Thing. God damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Seriously I understand those of you who say it's a petty thing to whine about. However I also felt disappointed. The funny thing is If there hadn't been anything in the mail I would never have noticed that it was WoW's anniversary but they did send last years mail which is like a giant: "We at Blizz don't give a fuck" sign shoved right in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    or even Titan
    Completely irrelevant to World of Warcraft. Why would they send you an in-game mail about a completely separate game. You're being ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    My gameplay is terribly effected by this. All of a sudden my enjoyment level dropped.

Wait nope. It's still all good.

It's 8 years, wait for ten years. Like they said last year, they really are going out of the way for big milestones.
    Did you read the letter? It's from Cataclysm. I don't care much about any gift. But for them to not even change the text on the letter?!

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    You people can't seriously be making a serious issue out of this. Like really. You feel the need to hate Blizzard so damned much (even though you still play their game), that you have to make a big deal out of every. Single. Fucking. Thing. God damn.
    You mean you didn't cry yourself to sleep like me last night after getting the mail, confused and disappointed as to why Blizzard didn't post me a hand-written thanks, engraved with calligraphy, upon water-marked paper, with a spectral tiger card mount enclosed via real-life mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Completely irrelevant to World of Warcraft. Why would they send you an in-game mail about a completely separate game. You're being ridiculous.
    ...not sure how to respond to this...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Well give them a gift of canceling your subscription, Blizzard obviously hasn't learned that devaluing customers, and making loyal players feel under appreciated is a sure fire way to fly their enterprise in the ground.