Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I got a $200 pair of jeans for $50... I guess that doesn't count.

Other than shoes and outerwear, I have not spent more than $100 on a single item, though some are close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

15+ Year Old Account
    No...frankly I'm outraged by anything that costs over 50 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here spends that much on a single pair of clothes. Not counting shoes or jewelry things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent.
    No. And in fact, hell no. Most I've ever spent was on my boots, and they were $80 on sale (like $175 normally), and they've lasted me four freaking years and counting.

Everything else? Most of the time I won't even consider buying it if it's more than like $35, unless it's something that's always going to be expensive, like a leather jacket or a (complete) suit.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I can't afford that crap. I would if it was a good quality item that I need, and will use for years and years, like a heavy duty jacket, or winter boots.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here spends that much on a single pair of clothes. Not counting shoes or jewelry things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent.
    Ummm, that's half my paycheck, so no.

Other than a leather jacket which was a bit more.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I doubt you can even find winter jackets for less.(Finland)

Deleted
    £100 easily for jacket/shoes, £30-£50 for trousers and £20 for shirts. In dollars that's probably something like $170, $80 and $35 at a rough guess. I don't even go to expensive shops really, that's about normal price here.

spent £285 on a pair of mcq jeans just before christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    No, I can't afford that crap. I would if it was a good quality item that I need, and will use for years and years, like a heavy duty jacket, or winter boots.
    I've worn the same pair of boots literally every day for four years now, give or take. If you take care of good leather products, they last forever.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I only ever buy on sale and with %offs on items that usually retail much more in the same store and usually by the next day they've gone back up to their old price. I just get what I want quality wise, for the price I want. I don't buy tons of clothes I only buy during certain times of sales. I haven't had an issue with low quality.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:46 PM ----------

Newsflash. The actual designer sites are always more expensive than resellers and whole sellers. I have seen 100-200 price differences for the actual items.
    I didn't buy it from there, but the price was the same, cheapest I've seen is 570€. Any links btw?

I'm honestly surprised by how many people aren't prepared to spend $100+ on certain items of clothing (particularly jeans/jackets/shirts/shoes). We live in a world of first impressions and how we present ourselves is very important. You can quite easily find very cheap clothes that will last you many years, in fact I have a number of pieces of clothing like that, but for me they are strictly around the house clothes. When I go out I make sure I don't look like a slob or someone who doesn't care what they look like. It's fine to not care personally how you look (although I think that can often be more damaging to your confidence/self esteem than caring), so long as you remember that for others it is important and that you don't go around calling people fools or whatever else, just as you wouldn't like them judging you for not dressing fashionably/nicely.

im not proud that i spent 220$ on almost plain t-shirts. let alone a 10,500$ watch but my dad gave me that other then that bought a wallet for my mom on mothers day for mothers day for around 540$

Deleted
    Define what items you mean by clothing.

From what i have seen, and i am the same, I would spend £100 on a jacket, coat, suit.

However T-shirts, hoodies, jeans, Polo Shirts.... No way in hell would i spend £100 on them.

On occasions the best T-shirts I've had have been the cheap ones.

N.B. £100, $100 100Euros arent actually the same. Due to the conversions and average earnings. For example say an average proper coat is $40 in the UK, which works out as $60 in the US. So say a branded one is double the price £80, to $120. Have a limit of $120/£100....American can get the average, a Brit could get brande it could be really easy to spend $100 dollars on an item,but it could be very difficult to spend £100 on an item without getting something ridiculously overpriced, such that no-one would buy it.

I have, i love the thundercats and batman and i found these thundercats allstars and bane allstars both over 100 euros but i bought them because to me they were worth it . They didn't even get released in Europe! I also have a coat which was 200 euros but it's from esprit and it's really nice and warm so it's worth it. Also an engagement ring easily costs over 100 euros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I have, i love the thundercats and batman and i found these thundercats allstars and bane allstars both over 100 euros but i bought them because to me they were worth it . They didn't even get released in Europe! I also have a coat which was 200 euros but it's from esprit and it's really nice and warm so it's worth it. Also an engagement ring easily costs over 100 euros.
    Yeah. Rings and stuff might be an exception, though I'm personally a fan of rings made from more common, less expensive materials

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah. Rings and stuff might be an exception, though I'm personally a fan of rings made from more common, less expensive materials
    The really really cheap materials are sometimes unhealthy for you. Silver for example is actually healthy for your skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The really really cheap materials are sometimes unhealthy for you. Silver for example is actually healthy for your skin.
    Yup! I'm actually allergic to nickel, it'll make my skin break out where it remains in contact for long.

I was talking more like a thick stainless steel band, or maybe titanium. I'm a big fan of silver, but not as the primary metal. Silver filigree or inlays can look very attractive, though.

Yup! I'm actually allergic to nickel, it'll make my skin break out where it remains in contact for long.

I was talking more like a thick stainless steel band, or maybe titanium. I'm a big fan of silver, but not as the primary metal. Silver filigree or inlays can look very attractive, though.
    I like silver too! And my mom is super allergic to nickel so she can only wear pure silver or gold or so

Also here are the thundercats shoes

10+ Year Old Account
    I like silver too! And my mom is super allergic to nickel so she can only wear pure silver or gold or so

Also here are the thundercats shoes
    Those are worth whatever you paid for them. Not my style at all, but damn if they ain't nice.

Those are worth whatever you paid for them. Not my style at all, but damn if they ain't nice.
    Well yeah i really like the way they look so to me they were totally worth it.