Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man i'm so pissed at the region locking present in DS2... thinking on pirating it as a way to protest against this bs.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    If I reset my attributes will I have to level up again or can I immediately relocate the attributes points I already earned?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakadashi View Post
    How can you be sure this isn't also the pc version, even the textures are different
    a recent example of a game being downgraded like that even for PC is far cry 3 for example
    I can't guarantee the lighting effects will even make it to the PC version, they have guaranteed the full scale textures/resolutions and a 60fps cap however.

Regardless though, the lighting/shadowing effects they displayed in the trailers are DX10/11 tech in action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Man i'm so pissed at the region locking present in DS2... thinking on pirating it as a way to protest against this bs.
    dark souls 1 was region locked for my country
    what I did was I just bought the russian, region-free version of the game steam key from another site, and it works. and no it's not in russian

What's so bad about it? Maybe they have servers for each region for less lag... Less players when popularity dwindles?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    What's so bad about it? Maybe they have servers for each region for less lag... Less players when popularity dwindles?
    by region locked he meant he can't buy it in his country

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Same pricetag as the USA one (dollars and the same value)
    B) Limited to playing only in Latin America (that's what steam says, no explanation wether the servers will be region locked or not, this is what im waiting for, if it is server locked then i'm going full on to the bay)

I can buy it on ym country but i'll be damned if i wanna travel to the US or anywhere outside of latin america and play the game
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else choose and use the Bonfire Ascetic? Information on it is vague online and I want to know how much harder I made the game. ><

It hasn't been too bad so far, I've only downed four bosses but the only one that has given me trouble was the Dragonslayer. Not sure why I spoiler tagged that but yeah, he took me about 7 tries. Ugh.

Edit: That came out a lot tougher sounding than I intended. xD I've died dozens of times on normal enemies, especially when there are 2-3 hollows. That delay after attacking is nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enemies stop respawning after I rest at a bonfire now. Is this a bug or intended?

Nvm, apparently it's intended... yay...
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2014-03-12 at 06:22 PM.

I love the dark souls / demon souls games so much I wish they would have put it on PS4 but whatever. I stayed up with a friend for like 24 hours and I had like 20 hours of game play when I went to bed definitely one of my favorite games this year so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Enemies stop respawning after I rest at a bonfire now. Is this a bug or intended?

Hmm, explain. Which bonfires?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post

Only if you've killed the same mobs like 10-15 times lol, move on.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you've killed the same mobs like 10-15 times lol, move on.
    That is an extremely strange change From did. Hmm.... I do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    That is an extremely strange change From did. Hmm.... I do not like.
    Considering DS2 punishes you for death far more then Dark Souls or Demon Souls did, it's not a bad change.

DS2 also has more limited and slower healing options then the other souls games, the enemies also have better tracking and more unpredictable attack patterns. The game overall is in another league difficulty wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Considering DS2 punishes you for death far more then Dark Souls or Demon Souls did, it's not a bad change.

DS2 also has more limited and slower healing options then the other souls games, the enemies also have better tracking and more unpredictable attack patterns. The game overall is in another league difficulty wise.
    But then defeats the purpose of it being RPG, if I want to level up and/or farm items it's my problem, the game should at least give you an option.

But then defeats the purpose of it being RPG, if I want to level up and/or farm items it's my problem, the game should at least give you an option.
    You can still farm every item you need to in the game, if you play or beat the game you would know this. The only thing it gets rid of is people who want to use glitches/exploits to easily grind mobs that give a large amount of souls. Making all the forest people fall to their death over and over again for 18k souls a pop in Dark Souls comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can live with it tbh. I was just farming souls so I could could buy titanite shards.

It's to make the game harder since you can't abuse certain areas when you should actually be in a tougher zone or even NG+...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can still farm every item you need to in the game, if you play or beat the game you would know this. The only thing it gets rid of is people who want to use glitches/exploits to easily grind mobs that give a large amount of souls. Making all the forest people fall to their death over and over again for 18k souls a pop in Dark Souls comes to mind.
    Okay that makes sense. I was always overlevelled for most bosses in DS. I was level 100 during Gwyn, and 5 shot it with pyromancy <_< Seriously saw no point.

Really wish they would make a PS4/XBone version of DS2....I just got a PS4 and it could use some love XD

Guess I'll wait for the PC version.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.