Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We'll since I started I proboaly gotten around 30 now inn 1 month, so many people add me or I just add them :& Kinda wierd...not like I know them very well, or even seen them more than 1-3 times or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    294. Facebook is a mandatory part of high school life where I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Some people I have seen with 2500, 700, 1500, 800, 900, and I just think... wow... you can't possibly talk to that many people. I went through my short list of 30 and cut it down to 19 people I actually talk to. Which I'm about to cut down to 15 that I like to talk to.

I don't use electronic stalking social networking websites.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Facebook friends...
    Here's what facebook is for:
    You log in, see what people are doing, and reply to that.
    Not because you care, oh gods, no.
    Just so that they feel obliged to read YOUR social diarrhea and respond to YOU.
    And they do.
    Not because they care about you. Oh, gods, no.
    They do so JUST because YOU will feel obliged to read THEIR social diarrhea.

Facebook disgusts me.

None of those people you met there care about you. They only care about themselves. Accept that, and be done with it.

I don't use facebook.

Obviously.

I would have one more if I bothered to log in and add them. I wonder how long friend requests last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

I don't use electronic stalking social networking websites.
    I never understood why people call them like that. Facebook will only have the information you add to it. It cannot magically take photos of you naked.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Facebook friends...
    And they do.

Facebook disgusts me.

None of those people you met there care about you. They only care about themselves. Accept that, and be done with it.

I don't use facebook.

Obviously.
    If it was someone living in the same city/area or even country then you might have a point but when it is someone living in other countries for one reason or another coordinating for even a Skype call or a Whatsapp chat can be a nightmare...

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I would have one more if I bothered to log in and add them. I wonder how long friend requests last.
    Forever. 10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    About 160, I usually do monthly clears and take people out that don't hold a like mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I tried it long ago, and got bored of it.

I had a bit over 600 at one time but I've cleared out the "rubbish", down to 329 now. I would speak to all of them if I ran into them in the street I think, and by that I mean "catch up on life".

Used to accept anyone who sent a friends request, but no more, I think I've added maybe 50 people myself in total. I started using facebook in 2007 I think, mostly because it was fun to play poker on there ;P

The site got it's uses, but it can be annoying as well.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-24 at 08:56 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Zero. Don't use it.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    74 .
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

950ish. I still keep in touch with a lot of my old high school buddies and the new friends from college.

Facebook friends...
    And they do.

Facebook disgusts me.

I don't use facebook.

Obviously.
    Or you could... You know, not use the site like you're a 10-16 year old Girl and realise that there is a extremely handy side to it.

Events, it's the main thing I use it for and it's the most easy to use and fantastic feature of practically any website. Make a "Movies Event" ... Invite 10 Friends ... Easily discover that 3 can't make it but the other 7 will be there. Setting a time and date is simple as heck and then you can just use the Events 'Wall' to figure out what Movie you want to see and where ETC.

So instead of me having to make the executive decision of what movie, when and where and then calling or texting everyone and making sure they know what's happening. Everyone gets to help decide what/when/where and it's entirely free instead of possibly having to pay for Phone Calls/Text (Unlikely these days but I know a couple of friends that still use Pre-Paid Phone instead of a Plan).

If you don't like what those idiots are saying who use Facebook like you described, Delete them as a friend or Unsubscribe... Then CONGRATS all your Facebook problems are solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Or you could... You know, not use the site like you're a 10-16 year old Girl and realise that there is a extremely handy side to it.

Events, it's the main thing I use it for and it's the most easy to use and fantastic feature of practically any website. Make a "Movies Event" ... Invite 10 Friends ... Easily discover that 3 can't make it but the other 7 will be there. Setting a time and date is simple as heck and then you can just use the Events 'Wall' to figure out what Movie you want to see and where ETC.

So instead of me having to make the executive decision of what movie, when and where and then calling or texting everyone and making sure they know what's happening. Everyone gets to help decide what/when/where and it's entirely free instead of possibly having to pay for Phone Calls/Text (Unlikely these days but I know a couple of friends that still use Pre-Paid Phone instead of a Plan).

If you don't like what those idiots are saying who use Facebook like you described, Delete them as a friend or Unsubscribe... Then CONGRATS all your Facebook problems are solved.
    One word:
    LinkdIn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I never understood why people call them like that. Facebook will only have the information you add to it. It cannot magically take photos of you naked.
    Because why the fuck do you need something like Facebook when you can just call them on the phone and ask them about their day in thirty seconds?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Because why the fuck do you need something like Facebook when you can just call them on the phone and ask them about their day in thirty seconds?
    *Applauds*

400+. Some of the complaints here are silly.

*Privacy settings, you can choose what people will see. If you don't want your family to see some things, put them on restricted access or you know, don't put those things on Facebook. Having an account doesn't obligate you to spill nudes on your walls or whatever equivalent you guys have.
    *Some people post the dumbest shit. True. That's why you can click the arrow next to their name and block their activity from showing up on your feed.
    *"People don't care about you, they care about themselves." Are you adding total strangers to your FB or what, if so, you're kinda doing it wrong. FB is for friends and acquaintances you want to keep up with.

Sure you can dislike FB if you want to, but don't over exaggerate your reason. FB is a great way to stay close to people in a world where globalization is pulling everyone away. I have a lot of people on my Facebook I never talk with, some I haven't seen in years, but I have them for the sake of having them, no real reason; if they deleted me or if I deleted them, I wouldn't mind. But I also have a lot of people I care about and what to keep in contact with without going through the nuisances of emails and everything. It's a decent site if you're not paranoid or if you don't treat it like it's supposed to be a full-time thing... which I suppose is difficult for WoW players

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:04 PM ----------

Ain't nobody got time for that. You have to admit that Facebook does the same thing faster and easier than calling or emailing.

One word:
    LinkdIn.
    Never heard of it, and hence why Facebook wins.

I dunno how easy it is to make and organise events on that site but Facebook is pretty Damn simple, so I doubt it gets much simpler. And everyone I know is already on Facebook, why try to get everyone to change?

Like I said, some people don't use it for the the same purpose that socialite morons do, and when it's used just for the 'Good' aspects it's an extremely handy site.

It's a pretty nifty way to get information without even bothering though, events for example, invites to music shows for example. There has been countless of times that I would have missed out on a good show or party had I not been on FB.

Groups can be pretty great to.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Ain't nobody got time for that. You have to admit that Facebook does the same thing faster and easier than calling or emailing.
    Bullshit. I want to know how my brother's day has been? "Hey bud, how's your day been?" "Pretty good man, how bout yours?" "Can't complain. You up for dinner at 6?" "Sure man, meet at that Mexican place?" "See ya there man."

Bam. I've just found out how his day was and made arrangements to eat dinner with him in like 60 seconds of talking.