Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, supposedly the founder's pack Drow is different from the the other Drow in the game.
    Well I hope so, because if drow are available to everyone else then a lot of people will feel cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well I hope so, because if drow are available to everyone else then a lot of people will feel cheated.
    Ye its some sort of tattoed special Drow , Renegade whatever something. Others will get regular drow.

Jesus. Make sure you've got a name for your companion thought of before hand, because it costs 6000 gems to change his fucking name.

Jesus. Make sure you've got a name for your companion thought of before hand, because it costs 6000 gems to change his fucking name.
    yea gems are gonna be a pain once the game launches. I think ive only spent them once but cant seem to remember what it was on.

End of the beta. A GM showed up and threw of some fireworks, turned into a few monsters, and seconds before the server went down this guy showed up.

That dwarf with no pants on staring deep into your soul is my character.

Deleted
    Played some beta during weekend too.
    As an old timer AD&D 2nd edition DM and huge Forgotten Realms fan, i was both eager to try this out but also very skeptical about the 4.0 rules-set and history things.

However, i should say the game is fun enough, smooth and well designed. Combat is fun, i got a Great Weapon Fighter dwarf to lvl 18 and a Control Wizard human just past the bridge area.
    The GWF was exciting and devastating as expected (in terms of powers and animations), the wizard was way too powerful at first levels imho, not sure if it adjust a bit later.

The Foundry thing is great, as a veteran DM i would be eager to try that out myself.

But as Fencers already stated, the price of the non-core stuff is way too high, if not totally nuts.

Maybe i'll give it a try at release, but it will hardly eat my GW2 or LOTRO gametime.

Played the beta weekend. It was good fun, and some of the quests on the foundry were excellent.

Pretty buggy, though.

Only got to level 16, and haven't seen much else of the world, but I hope it doesn't end up like Oblivion, shitty without the player additions. (now if you could add custom models/textures to foundry content . . .)

End of the beta. A GM showed up and threw of some fireworks, turned into a few monsters, and seconds before the server went down this guy showed up.
    Well now I wish I could have forced myself to stay awake until the end. The Beta Weekend during PAX was far from ideal for me Anywho, hopefully they'll do another and I'll be able to do more than a couple of levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    So probably more like DCUO, and not like WOW, where holding down both mouse buttons=move foward, or holding left or right mouse button rotates screens.
    Banned at 9 posts. Wow.

I don't think I'm going to participate in the open beta. Unless they announce that characters will carry over from it to live, which I doubt they will. I'm gonna keep an eye on this topic until early access starts though.

Banned at 9 posts. Wow.

I don't think I'm going to participate in the open beta. Unless they announce that characters will carry over from it to live, which I doubt they will. I'm gonna keep an eye on this topic until early access starts though.
    T'was a copy of an earlier post made by someone else in the thread

If it's a real Open Beta there will be a wipe before live, which I am really looking forward too. I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to do a "soft launch" where they call it open beta but they don't wipe the characters between that and the real launch. It seems to be a trend lately in MMO's, but yea no new word on Open Beta yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    T'was a copy of an earlier post made by someone else in the thread

If it's a real Open Beta there will be a wipe before live, which I am really looking forward too. I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to do a "soft launch" where they call it open beta but they don't wipe the characters between that and the real launch. It seems to be a trend lately in MMO's, but yea no new word on Open Beta yet.
    I LOVE soft launches. It lets the community grow slowly and more steadily than the "ZOMGHYPEZERGRUSH and then OHNOESPEOPLEQUITTINGTIMETOLEAVE"

I gave my red wolf hat to my wife in vindictus (a perfect example of a good soft launch. Hell, firefalls doing a soft launch and its pretty good too.)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...01#post1522701
    Hey all -

Quick update, we've confirmed that there will be a character wipe before Headstart begins. Thanks!

We've also updated this on our Extended FAQ.
    Well there's that.

Deleted
    In 2012 I didnt like this game, looked to static but after seeing closed beta footage I'm actually excited about it. Actually I cant wait to play it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it. =/

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I LOVE soft launches. It lets the community grow slowly and more steadily than the "ZOMGHYPEZERGRUSH and then OHNOESPEOPLEQUITTINGTIMETOLEAVE"

I gave my red wolf hat to my wife in vindictus (a perfect example of a good soft launch. Hell, firefalls doing a soft launch and its pretty good too.)

yea.... I am not sure why the concept of soft launches offends me so much. It's a very "get off my lawn you damn kids" feeling Like I mean, if the game isn't ready to launch don't launch... feels sort of cowardly. Idk /oldschool

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    In 2012 I didnt like this game, looked to static but after seeing closed beta footage I'm actually excited about it. Actually I cant wait to play it!
    in 2012 all we had was pre-alpha and alpha stuff. Not unusual for big changes to happen

Other than the issue I have with ranged targeting (went and played some firefall and got it out of my system) I am actually looking forward to another beta weekend.
    Pleasantly surprised.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Did anyone get a chance to play around on the foundry? I'm a veteran of DMing back in the 2-3.x days and I'm wondering how all that's going to work.

I tried one of the high rated quests in the game(drow and spiders EVERYWHERE!) and it looks like it can make some impressively detailed events, though I'm guessing you don't get to make maps from scratch.

I never got a chance to test out the foundry, I kept on getting errors. But I imagine it has modular components to use, plus trigger points for events, perhaps somewhat similar to NWN.

Did anyone get a chance to play around on the foundry? I'm a veteran of DMing back in the 2-3.x days and I'm wondering how all that's going to work.

I tried one of the high rated quests in the game(drow and spiders EVERYWHERE!) and it looks like it can make some impressively detailed events, though I'm guessing you don't get to make maps from scratch.
    I haven't tried building anything, I don't even have the patience for housing in MMOs, but I've played a few foundry missions (including the drow one).

I thought maybe you could only use pregen maps, but I'm not so sure; some of the areas of that drow adventure were pretty amateur with the pathing and bad jumping spots and stuff. It made me think they instead just pasted together a bunch of separate rooms or something. Plus the spiders talked.. wtf

My main problem with those missions is the content and not really knowing what it is beforehand (at least without a lot of reviews). Maybe I'm just too tabletop focused, but I don't really like the whole idea of my level 3 wizard running a foundry mission where I'm going to malebolge fighting demon lords, or killing drow assassins and fire giants in an illithid city.

As much as I hate the "kill rats at low levels" trope, I think the whole concept of these creatures being badasses is ruined when they're scaled down to your level in the foundry. Especially when it's the first mission in a campaign.

So is there an open beta, or did you all get into a closed beta and I'm the only one that didn't get an invite?