Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there any reason as to why they won't make bigger plots? just because they want people to make use of the multi-city region thingy or what? im tempted to try the game again, but the plot size is basically the only thing putting me off re-installing :\
    "Our algorithms won't allow bigger cities without severe performance hits" <-- In a nutshell
    Source

I don't believe it for a second but whatever.

The lack of expanded plots is the one reason I'm not returning to the game. I like it, but after a few hours I run out of things to do.

I was disappointed that it went the route it did as far as plot sizes go. One of the best things about the old sim city was you could really build your entire city somewhere, and then start another city within the same map. It would be awesome if it were possible.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why they don't increase the plot sizes..my performance goes down to single digits in some very high pop citys and i have a pretty good computer >.<

fps went down to like 7 during rush hours >.<

I really recommend anyone wanting to play it to at least give it a chance and ignore all the ciritism, it's a pretty solid game despite plot sizes/ traffic issues :/
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-08-28 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I wish my cities could look that nice. I always start running out of money and resources before I can get anywhere with the megatowers and transportation systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I can see why they don't increase the plot sizes..my performance goes down to single digits in some very high pop citys and i have a pretty good computer >.<
    Maybe but that's an excuse for a crappy engine. xD Cities XL doesn't look much worse and runs smooth like butter with HUGE cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    Maybe but that's an excuse for a crappy engine. xD Cities XL doesn't look much worse and runs smooth like butter with HUGE cities.

after a while Cities XL always started to run like shit for me, took a while though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

fps went down to like 7 during rush hours >.<

I really recommend anyone wanting to play it to at least give it a chance and ignore all the ciritism, it's a pretty solid game despite plot sizes/ traffic issues :/

yeah its definitely a good game worth trying, i just don't think it has the replayability of previous sim games.

- - - Updated - - -

saying that, i do have 80hours played on sim city 5, so i suppose it does have some replayability.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    EA: "Bigger city are impossible"
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/0...es-wont-happen
    Modders : "Challenge Accepted"
    http://community.simtropolis.com/fil...nded-boundary/

beware, the mod is still in beta and there is a range of issue like misalignment of resource map, or unable to buldoze outside original city limits, but the mod is still be worked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    EA: "Bigger city are impossible"
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/0...es-wont-happen
    Modders : "Challenge Accepted"
    http://community.simtropolis.com/fil...nded-boundary/

beware, the mod is still in beta and there is a range of issue like misalignment of resource map, or unable to buldoze outside original city limits, but the mod is still be worked on.
    Posted this a while back, it's buggy as fuck and not fun to play.

Great to see that they are making progress with bigger maps, but sad to see it's still in beta 1.0. Gotta give a thumbs up to modders though.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    saying that, i do have 80hours played on sim city 5, so i suppose it does have some replayability.
    I wonder how much time i spent playing Simcity 4 with or without mods Simcity 5 was fun for a while, but i don't see any reason to play it anymore, i don't feel like i'm building the city i want, but the city that they allow me to build. But hey... at least is not Simcity Societies... that was like a slap in the face.

Deleted
    well i reinstaleld the game to igve it a 2nd go, was enjoying it but a really annoying bug keeps pissing me off.

i alt-tab a lot to browse forums / change youtube video or what ever, and a lot of the times i alt tab, i can't tab back in. the game just will not re-open and the only way to close it is task manager, so i keep losing progress, i force close the game and re-open to find my city 5mins in the past!