Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mistweaver help for magera

seems like im lower then my other 2 healers in my raid (resto druid&Hpally) not sure what im doing wrong.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/us/stormrage/spamheâls is my armoury

as far as healing goes im keeping renewing mist up all times and when the poision attack goes out i use thunder focus tea to boost everyone up and im constantly using my mana tea and on rampage im using RJW with SCK and using renewing mist with uplift my issue is im not able to keep up with them and i feel like im keeping us from the kill i havent tried fistweaving yet because everytime i do it in lfr i always do terribly. the resto durid is 507 ilvl and Hpally is 505 im currently at 503 so any help would be great.

Deleted
    Been healing this with 495 ilevel and imo it was hard 3 healing it also

We have only downed her 3 times however.
    What order are you killing the heads in ? anything speciall you noticed that your raid drops to ?
    We raid 10 man and if your raid group have trouble with the Rampages start a cooldown rotation

We do it like this
    First rampage: nothing ( well i use TFT Uplift reneweing on every rampage )
    2 Rampage: Paladin 20% AoE reduction together with a antimagic zone
    3 rampage Disc priest bubble
    4 rampage: Tranq + Prot paladin 20% aoe reduction
    Repeat
    I Use revival depending on the raidgroups HP.

after the 5th head things get hectic

be ready with fast dispells "aslong as they move the F away"
    Imo RSC is very weak in 10 mans i tend to use it sometimes but i avoid it if i can Zen Sphere is great imo in this fight for the AoE burst bubble

Sitting at work and fast typing this so be ready for alot of errors in the spelling :d

Deleted
    When I did Megaera, the Mistweaver in the raid didn't seem to lack behind or have any problems. If I remember he was using Chi Torpedo and as idioten said, coordinated cooldowns i.e. the use of Revival

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    When I did Megaera, the Mistweaver in the raid didn't seem to lack behind or have any problems. If I remember he was using Chi Torpedo and as idioten said, coordinated cooldowns i.e. the use of Revival
    Ah forgo to mention the use of Chi Torpedo here was pretty helpful since there is a high possiblity of amazing mana issues during this boss.

Btw if you have time do some Fistweaving / Crackling Jade lightning on the first head to generate some Chi and spend em but still keep 90-95% mana just to have some extra teas i find it pretty useful since the first head is just a cakewalk

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way I tackle this is I TFT as soon as the head dies, stack on rampage point, SCK and uplift spam, Chi Burst and Chi Torpedo every single head. Feel free to pop your Diffuse Magic when necessary. Every second head I have Chi Brew back up so I pop that as well.

While not stacked, I channel SoM and EvM both tanks.

You shouldn't be beating a holy pally this fight so that's not a very good benchmark. IIRC, you should be beating the resto druid.

i remember struggling to stay competitive on our first kill and successive kills.

I used chi torpedo for the first few batch of kills but have now switched to using RJW so i can spam uplift with the extra chi i get since i do not use chi brew.

although im last of 3 healers in 10man. im not tht far in terms of successful healing. so it works.

Try using chi torpedo if ur having mana issues and zen sphere or chi blstwhen tightly stacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man - Hpal, Disc Priest, and me, the Mistweaver 506 ilvl.
    The way I tackle this is saving my TfT to use right as one of the heads is going down so I can uplift x2 (or x4 with a Chi Brew every other,) and follow it with a Chi Burst (Chi Wave honestly does more healing from start to finish, but I love Chi Burst for this) and the 3 Chi Torpedo's through the group. If things aren't looking great I'll Crane Kick once or twice to get anoter Uplift off, and Revival if it's looking sketchy.

Then the dps/tank cd's we mix in are 2 Devo Auras, a Smoke Bomb, Feral Tranq, and a Rallying Cry.

A nice Enveloping Mist on cinders targets towards the end takes a lot of stress off the other healers, and does a great job keeping people up while they clear the frost. When we start getting the acid raid, if I have to, will just use one of my Chi Torpedo's to bring people up. I wouldn't suggest using Rushing Jade Wind, though it's completely up to you how you want to heal! Spinning Crane Kick is just so mana intensive without the Muscle Memory procs.

The head order we use is Blue - Red - Blue - Red - Green - Red - Blue. The extra movement from blue ended up being easier with our comp than the huge AOE from green's was.

Definitely a mana intensive fight, the only one I end up remotely close to oom'ing, but we've go so much in our arsenal to handle the rampages! Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-04-25 at 02:53 PM.

Anyone have any advice re: positioning for using Chi Torpedo during the rampage? It seems like it would be difficult to stay stacked/not roll into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeen View Post
    Anyone have any advice re: positioning for using Chi Torpedo during the rampage? It seems like it would be difficult to stay stacked/not roll into the water.
    If you jump in the direction you want your torpedo to go and hit torpedo while jumping, you won't travel as far as you would if you used chi torpedo on the ground. This really helps with during rampage and in tight areas.

Yes, use the jumping trick but point yourself going parallel to the water instead of right at it.

For example, I TFT to roll ReM on everybody as each head dies, then i stand to the left of the group and Chi torpedo to the right, through the group, spin, and torpedo right back to where i originally was as the rampage starts each time. Then I Chi Burst at the boss from standing behind the group, uplift/SCK as needed (chi brew every other) and use the last charge of Chi Torpedo to top people off as i spread back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkennoodles View Post
    If you jump in the direction you want your torpedo to go and hit torpedo while jumping, you won't travel as far as you would if you used chi torpedo on the ground. This really helps with during rampage and in tight areas.
    You can actually jump in any direction, but your camera must be facing the direction you wish to go. I often aim with a camera spin mid-air. :3 It takes a little bit of getting used to, but fortunately it's the kind of thing you can practice any time, anywhere.

Here's our Megaera normal kill from last week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2934&e=3336
    I was iLvl 517 then I think, with no legendary meta.

We ignore all Blue heads and just kill Green - Red - Green etc, we've never used any other tactic tbh. Make sure your tanks are using their CDs wisely, eg to drop stacks.

My healing strat: TfT + uplifts, Chi torpedo x3 and Chi Burst for every Rampage. Revival for 2 out of 6 (rotate 3min CDs with the other healers, and get extra raid CDs in on the last 2-3 rampages). With these, I rarely needed to use SCK at all, your free spells (and uplift) should do most of the work. This meant mana was no issue.
    I talented Power Strikes for the more efficient chi gen in between rampages (Soothing mist with 6141 break point). Get EnvMist on tanks and Cinders targets, and bank chi for uplifts after acid rain hits.

Unless there's not enough to heal, I wouldn't suggest fistweaving personally. I did it this week. Mostly because our only other healer, that Shaman, suddenly quit raiding with us last Thursday (we had 2 healed everything). So.. this week our feral druid came on his 475 Disc priest, and we 3 healed with a 480-something Holy Pally who'd never done ToT.
    Log for that is here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1401&e=1803
    I fistweaved in order to try and let the other two carry the healing and dispelling, so I could judge how they faired.. Turned out to be an easy kill still, although I fluffed the end and killed myself with Cinders.

Don't know where you guys are doing the stack points, but for my group they're in the little peninsula areas, and there's a rock at the end that reliably stops Chi Torpedo. I will use Torpedo, then SCK or Uplift as I walk back to the group, then torpedo back into the rock.

I should probably use a helmet....but it gets the job done without having to worry about the jumping method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Don't know where you guys are doing the stack points, but for my group they're in the little peninsula areas, and there's a rock at the end that reliably stops Chi Torpedo. I will use Torpedo, then SCK or Uplift as I walk back to the group, then torpedo back into the rock.
    There should always be an angle you can torpedo at, but if it takes too much precision to get it right throwing out SCK/Chi Wave/Uplift is not a bad alternative. I almost always spend a GCD or two applying RM as well, so you could use that to re-position.

On topic, if this hasn't already been mentioned, I usually either use Revival early on so it's up at the end or completely save it for the very last Rampage. It is a massive amount of healing and can help prevent a wipe. Don't forget to use a well-placed Life Cocoon on anyone who gets too close for comfort.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkennoodles View Post
    I stand closer to the water and face towards the back of the room for a quick double Chi Torpedo then SCK myself back into position for a Chi Burst or vice versa. Way easier than jumping and all that crap of shortening your Chi Torpedo distance and it takes the same amount of time.

we are killing the heads in this order green>red>green>red>blue>red>green and we are not having a problem with rampage we are able to survive the rampage but around 6 going into 7th head ppl are constantly getting cinders and by then we are oom from dispells and all the damage we have gotten it to 5% and 2% several times and keep dying we are using hero on 5th rampage going into the 6th head, as far as healer cooldowns go for the first rampage we are using prot pally devo and my revival, second rampage we are using Hpally devo and spriest tranq, third rampage we are using personal's and lock rocks, 4th is back to me revival and prot pally devo and 5th where using Hpally devo and spriest tranq and then 6th were using lock rocks personals resto druid tranq and so were survivng the rampages we are just dying from us being oom and the rapid rates of cinders going out and the poison blast dealing lots of damage.

MW are pretty strong in this fight, as they won't be targetted by Torrent of Ice, so in our strategy in 10 man raid we go BGRBGRB as only Cinders pose a real threat to the melees/MW.

But I can only repeat what was already written here: You can heal a great deal with chi torpedo and chi burst without losing any mana at all.
    When rampage comes, I use thunder focus tea and try to get at least 3 chi until the real damage starts. Then I usually wait until all are at the rampage spot, then I chi torpedo in the next's head direction, chi torpedo back, cast chi burst towards the head and a uplift, then chi torpedo into the group, and start sck/uplift until rampage subsides. Rinse and repeat.

thank you all for the help will def try this out mon when we raid again i appreciate the help.

Also, going off into the water isn't the end of the world. You get punted back to the platform rather promptly.

Spam, if your healers are OOM, I would bet your healing group is overhealing too much during rampage. We had our Disc priest stop using spirit shell until the 4th rampage, and let me (the mistweaver) do the bulk of the rampage healing and we continued to get through them with no problem, and didn't have healer mana issues at the end. Granted we have a really specific set of CDs we use, including all our DPS defensive raidwalls, but we were too scared of Rampage, and kept dying at the 6/7 head for like 2 nights before making the change.

i looked at overhealing and sad to say im top for over healing doing 10mill overhealing and the reso druid is behind me doing 4.3mill and last is the Hpally doing 3mill over healing so i think it was because i was overhealing with SCK/RJW but i guess the resto druid wasnt oom.