Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

You know what I miss with Hearthstone cards compared to real, physical cards?

There is something I miss with Hearthstone cards. Something very important!

I always loved to do this with reall, physical cards! Especially right after I pulled them from the foil after a purchase...

The smell man! I can't sniff my cards anymore...
    Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2015-07-22 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Are you serious? I thought you were going to say trading with other people or something but smelling cards? Didn't they just smell like plastic?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a bit of a smell when there's a holographic (I suppose the hearthstone equivalent is golden) card. I do agree. There is something satisfying with it.

I'm upset that I can't lick my cards so that nobody else wants to touch them

I would miss it if the whole grid went down or all the servers exploded with no way of retrieving the data. Everything would be gone forever. Then, in about 2.4 seconds, I would get over it because it's not an important life altering event.

Male your own trading card scent candle in a milk carton

10+ Year Old Account
    that's kind of creepy. thanks for sharing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I really want to post a picture of Mr. Krabbs with the whole "That smelly smell..."

But I agree 100%. Same with newer video games, you wanna know what I did the moment I bought Smash for the Wii U and opened it up to find that massive instruction booklet? I sniffed the hell out of it, like a dog would your butt.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that's kind of creepy. thanks for sharing.
    I don't know why, but I like the smell of new electronics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I don't know why, but I like the smell of new electronics
    Nothing is quite satisfying as removing the thin plastic from a new phone.

You know what I love about digital cards compared to real, physical cards?

- You can't lose them
    - Much harder to have someone steal them
    - Can't be damaged
    - Can't be banned (at least Hearthstone cards)
    - Can be changed-and-updated without having to buy/create a new card
    === You get FULL value for cards you have that get changed
    - You can obtain cards at your convenience/much quicker than physical
    - You can have tons of random effects since the game can run an RNG insanely faster than a human (good luck playing physical Hearthstone where you need multiple different RNGs ranging from 2 to EVERY MINION/SPELL IN THE ENTIRE GAME [whatever that number is])
    - You can play at your convenience. With physical card games, you typically need 2+ players near you (you COULD play on Skype, but come on)

I mean, this list goes on and on. The only cool things about physical is that you can hold them and trade them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, this list goes on and on. The only cool things about physical is that you can hold them and trade them.
    And sniff 'em. Snnnnnnfffff... aaahhh yeah. Factory new.

I loved the feel of cards after opening them. So slippery against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm upset that I can't lick my cards so that nobody else wants to touch them

You definitely can. Lick your screen

- - - Updated - - -

You know what I love about digital cards compared to real, physical cards?

- You can't lose them
    - Much harder to have someone steal them
    - Can't be damaged
    - Can be changed-and-updated without having to buy/create a new card
    === You get FULL value for cards you have that get changed
    - You can obtain cards at your convenience/much quicker than physical
    - You can have tons of random effects since the game can run an RNG insanely faster than a human (good luck playing physical Hearthstone where you need multiple different RNGs ranging from 2 to EVERY MINION/SPELL IN THE ENTIRE GAME [whatever that number is])
    - You can play at your convenience. With physical card games, you typically need 2+ players near you (you COULD play on Skype, but come on)

Leeroy and Tinkmaster kind of got banned. They got nerfed so hard nobody plays them anymore except Face Hunter and Eboladin (Leeroy)

Don't you think it would be cool if they had a physical hearthstone pack in the blizzcon goodie bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    ... Are you serious? I thought you were going to say trading with other people or something but smelling cards? Didn't they just smell like plastic?
    Now that you mention it, trading Hearthstone cards would be great. Why can't we do that again?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

As weird as it sounds I understand that feeling and the more I play hearthstone the more tempting it is to start playing Yugioh in Real life again

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    As weird as it sounds I understand that feeling and the more I play hearthstone the more tempting it is to start playing Yugioh in Real life again
    I never really stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh but I stopped having people to play with. At the college there are people who will play it and even found someone to teach me Magic: The Gathering with one of their spare decks. But since times are so volatile when you sign up for classes I never see them on a regular basis so I never made the money commitment to actually buy more cards (or start buying for MtG).

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I never really stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh but I stopped having people to play with. At the college there are people who will play it and even found someone to teach me Magic: The Gathering with one of their spare decks. But since times are so volatile when you sign up for classes I never see them on a regular basis so I never made the money commitment to actually buy more cards (or start buying for MtG).
    I haven't stopped playing Yugioh I just stopped in Real Life I still use Devpro and DuelingNetwork. Anyways on topic it seems that this seems to be kind of a common issue by looking at this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Cards can and have been banned in hearthstone tournaments before.

You could quite easily do that with a couple of dice and a table which lists all the cards. Yes, a computer will be able to do it faster, but on the other hand you don't have a 70 seconds turn timer in real life so it doesn't matter if it takes a couple of seconds longer.