10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Well that's pretty much the definition.
    Maybe if you're a blood elf or Chinese.

EDIT:
    It is a very masculine face though, if it wasn't for the voice and lips, I might have mistaken her for a young man. An attractive young man, but still. The outfit also isn't helping either. So hopefully we get some slightly more feminine outfits too. I really didn't like that all the DA1 outfits made you feel very barrel-chested as a woman. I liked the more stylized realism of the DA2 outfits.

Anyone seen any in-game footage on the originally planned system for "upgrading" character appearances? I liked the concept art I saw for that WAY back when, but haven't seen anything since.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2014-08-02 at 02:21 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

i don't care about the outfits, in fact i want the simplistic armor designs of origins to come back. with some for mages added, because origins didn't have that. the over designed armor in da2 and now this is just hideous, it looks so tryhard.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Qunari aren't pretty.

Tough luck.
    hey the qunari chick in the comics wasnt half bad looking. if your into horns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't care about the outfits, in fact i want the simplistic armor designs of origins to come back. with some for mages added, because origins didn't have that. the over designed armor in da2 and now this is just hideous, it looks so tryhard.
    lol i think almost all the hats in DAO were goofy. especially the mage caps.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I wasn't a fan of the armour appearance in DAO. Some were decent, but overall I never thought I looked like a badass. Especially if playing as a mage. Dem hats yo.

Last edited by tehealadin; 2014-08-02 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

idk, the tevinter mage gear is neat. there's hardly any boobplate, and that's awesome.

Yeaaah boobplate is pretty dumb.

Anyhow.

I was on the Bioware forums and it turns out the actress of Josephine ( Scribbles ) is a huge DA fan and has an account on the forums.

I asked her if she would romance the character she voices or she'd find it weird. To my utter surprise, she actually responded. She said she's VERY happy with how Scribbles' romance went.

do you know if she's gonna have that wonderful antivan accent?

The actress has an italian accent, apparently.

I don't know what to tell you.

ah, then she might do it. though the antivan accent is more spanish than italian.

The only Antivan I know is Zevran and the guy voicing him is American.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of good information in the above video, but also a lot of minor disappointments. Nothing that affects my buying decision but:

- Weapons restricted to class. I get it, I get it, but I hate being limited. Very happy we can craft our own custom armor though!
    - No capes. A cape with good physics can look epic.
    - No polearms. I wasn't expecting them anyway (especially with the class restrictions) but the Souls games taught me to love polearms/halberds.
    - Companions disappearing when you mount. How hard can it really be to program caterpillar AI? Loss of immersion here.

Mostly good info though. Still very excited!
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-08-03 at 10:27 PM.

No capes. A cape with good physics can look epic.
    Capes are shit in combat. Someone can grab it and then you are basically crippled. Not to mention you might step on it if backpedalling.

polearms/halberds.
    They may look cool, but outside fighting cavalry polearms are pretty weak.

- Companions disappearing when you mount.
    Yeah this is bad. I won't use mounts.

That or we hope modders can fix it. They did it in Skyrim so...

10+ Year Old Account
    That or we hope modders can fix it. They did it in Skyrim so...
    I pity anyone who doesn't buy it on PC. Games like DA really need to be moddable.

I have full faith a lot of things will be fixed with mods. 'Sides, I'm not beat up about no capes or polearms. They're all very minor complaints. I wanted them for cosmetic reasons anyway. I'm definitely going Mage.

Deleted
    They may look cool, but outside fighting cavalry polearms are pretty weak.
    Where did you get that idea from? Polearms were pretty much the best melee weapon for foot soldiers by the end of the medieval period. They have reach but also the power to damage opponents in full plate. Exhumation of skeletons from the battle of Townton (a mainly infantry affair) indicated that most died from poleaxe wounds to the head:

http://www.the-exiles.org/Article%20Towton.htm

People hoping moddability from EA games at this age and time?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    People hoping moddability from EA games at this age and time?
    Well, DA1 and 2 is pretty moddable if the number of sex mods is any indication.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, DA1 and 2 is pretty moddable if the number of sex mods is any indication.
    DA1 was mostly developed prior to EA aquisition (and the time under EA was mostly used to bumrush out console version that was never intended) and had toolkit with cutscene editor from get-go, reminiscent of NWN editor.

DA2 was hardly moddable apart from texture swapping and model changing, everything else was very much hard-coded.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Where did you get that idea from? Polearms were pretty much the best melee weapon for foot soldiers by the end of the medieval period. They have reach but also the power to damage opponents in full plate. Exhumation of skeletons from the battle of Townton (a mainly infantry affair) indicated that most died from poleaxe wounds to the head:

http://www.the-exiles.org/Article%20Towton.htm
    People are easily confused by the fact that "polearm" is a generic weapon and a specific weapon. In general terms, it is any blade attached to a long handle. In specific terms it looks like this:

However, it also includes
    Glaives:

Halberds/poleaxes

Guisarmes

Voulges (arguably one of the coolest names for a polearm

Corseques

And the Chinese has their own variety

They are most certainly close-combat weapons, not anti-calvary only.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    A better look at her core canon personality I think would be Leliana in Leliana's Song. She's certainly not a 'super good' character since she is a bard (AKA spy/rogue) but she's not evil or anything. Even hardened Leliana is insanely religious though so that can kind of be annoying. I look forward to seeing her in Inquisition but I'm still irked that she's not a romance but maybe she'll hint at her romance with my Warden. In passing. With a single line of boring dialogue.

We'll see.
    I liked her singing voice! Seeing her hardened is a bit of a pisser.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi