Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Fictional war would you like to have witnessed?

Noticed the guy that made a thread about what war you would like to have joined from 1900 to 1939, and someone made a post about making it a fictional war thread instead. so here it is.

What war, or battle, would you like to be part of? From any book, movie, game or story.
    Would you love to take up arms with a lightsaber in a fight in the Star Wars universe?
    Maybe you'd like to be Iron man?
    Or maybe that poor Drone in Starcraft is you?
    Maybe the one thing you want the most, is to yell out "For Lordaeron!"

Come on guys, lets get this going!

I my self, would actually enjoy battling it out in arenas as a summoner in the LoL world

Deleted
    Last Battle from Wheel of Time

Or Rand's duel with the Dark One (including the prelude with Moirdin)

I would like to participate in the war for the Holy Grail using the same set of rules in the Fate universe. I think fighting with a mythological hero would be awesome; everyone fighting for one wish. I would like to be myself, not any particular character, and see who I would end up summoning. Although it would probably end up being someone lame and I'd most likely die shortly after it starts.

P.S. If you haven't watched this and you like anime, go watch Fate/Zero. Fate/Stay Night is good as well, but it was butchered and not many people like it compared to the visual novel (i.e. character development sucks, main character is lame, etc.).

Most of them are insanely over the top and a thousand times more dangerous than real wars, so I can't think of any I'd want to be stuck in the middle of.

Unless I'm the hero, because he almost never dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    as Powerogue said, It really depends on whether I am one of the following:

1) a nameless mook on either side? no way.
    2) a low ranking officer? maybe. I get better equipment and a meatshield.
    3) a high ranking officer? not really. I am protected pretty well, but I am a high priority target for assassins and ambushes.
    4) The leader on the bad side? no way. I will end up dying.
    5) the hero of the fictional war? sure. I will survive, so no issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they said ^

Otherwise the Hogwarts Battle will forever hold a special place in my heart because <3 childhood.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Reaper War, from Harbinger's POV. Just go from planet to planet, blasting things and indoctrinating people. Sure, there's a chance Shepard will pick red at the end, but it'd be totally worth it.

Otherwise, as any other character . . . with billions dying in a matter of weeks . . . would not want to see it.
    Putin khuliyo

It does say WITNESSED. You don't have to actually fight in it :P

If the other threads had said "witnessed" I might actually have picked some wars. Although mostly I would've liked to see wars in Ancient Rome rather than 20th century ones.

Guess I'd like to witness the Rebel vs. Imperial war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The Reaper War, from Harbinger's POV. Just go from planet to planet, blasting things and indoctrinating people. Sure, there's a chance Shepard will pick red at the end, but it'd be totally worth it.

Otherwise, as any other character . . . with billions dying in a matter of weeks . . . would not want to see it.
    As long as I can stop watching before the last 5 minutes :P

I'd like to see the Reapers take the Citadel too because that was a massive plot hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Last great time war, would of been epic to witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The battle of Heaven vs Hell from South Park, when Kenny was leading Heaven using the Golden PSP. The bastards kept the camera on Kenny the entire time.

Now we shall see the final battle between Heaven and Hell play out! Yesss, good, Kenny! The angel spearmen are taking out their demon soul rippers! Oh, the cavalry angels are clashing with their Black Knights! Oh my God! My God, this battle is epic! Ohh, they're bringing in their demon dragons! Look at the size of them! My God, this is even bigger than the final battle in the Lord of the Rings movie! It's like, it's like TEN times bigger than that battle!
    The Last Battle from WoT would also be pretty good.

Helm's Deep. I'd be that nameless dude in the Two Towers movie who accidentally fired the first arrow. He did that....and I think he was pretty much immediately forgotten after. Not sure what ended up happening to him, but I guess he probably died unless he was very lucky or very good at hiding.

Around 3:14.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-08-28 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Battle of Yonkers, WWZ. I was SUPER disappoint that nothing vaguely like it made it into the film. That would have been one seriously fantastic scene. I didn't even have to think about that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    War of 1812

Deleted
    The fight against the Bugs.

Deleted
    The time war from Doctor Who, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Last Battle from Wheel of Time
    This for me. Or maybe the Old God vs Titan war, so I could finally shut people up about which one is more powerful.

I guess the Mass Effect 3 Reaper war, so after it was over I would become a techno organic being.I dont really know what all that entails but glowing eyes are always cool.

I just want to see what happened at the Tower of Joy. So I guess Robert's Rebellion would be the overall answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Helm's Deep. I'd be that nameless dude in the Two Towers movie who accidentally fired the first arrow. He did that....and I think he was pretty much immediately forgotten after. Not sure what ended up happening to him, but I guess he probably died unless he was very lucky or very good at hiding.

"Two Towers - Battle of helms Deep Opening"

Around 3:14.
    I'll show you what happened to him!