Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Last edited by Ghazan Julio; 2014-03-04 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellforce 2 - Shadow Wars, track Dun Mora:

Version without choir:

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Patch 4.3 "Night Walk"

Heroes of Might and Magic III - Rampart town

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Nerever Rising Reprise

Hands down best tavern music I have ever heard...

There are so many good soundtracks but I just must point out the holy Suicide Mission theme (and The End Run) from ME2 that has been posted already so no point posting it again.
    Epicness at it's finest.
    Also ME3 Leaving Earth... Getting shivers every single time I hear it, so emotional... The ultimate game soundtrack that proves you don't need any words in music to express certain feelings, the music does the job far better by itself.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2014-03-04 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    I love games, they are beautiful in everyway.

Remembered this game a couple of weeks ago and it had some really awsome tracks

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Ugh the nostalgia!
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Every single WoW theme(login screen).

Also most of WoW's music in general. No MMO's music has come ANY CLOSE to being as good as WoW's imo.
    The only MMO I can think of that has come close is LOTRO.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-03-08 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Every single WoW theme(login screen).
    Soooo many good songs from WoW. This expansion alone brought us:

Jaina Homeland. So powerful.

Way of the Monk. I'll always remember the first time I walked the steps up the Temple of the White Tiger.

Alliance Theme. It screams 'war'.

Vale of the Eternal Blossoms. The background music really brought home how magical this place is.

Sure, there was a lot of generic 'kung-fu/China' but the ones that stand out easily make up for that.

WoW, Castlevania, Megaman/Megaman X, Sonic... You almost always find great music in those games.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted

This gives me chills everytime!

Deleted
    With just one vote, I'll take this one:

Well, good ol' Donkey Kongs the final boss tune ofcourse!

And wait 'till 0.38 starts

Deleted
    Say what you want about Age of Conan, but it has the best mmorpg music ever.

Deleted

A-capella version:

and of course:

(my favourite version...)

I could post some of the usual suspects like MGS, FF, or Capcom music but I'll keep it a bit more original.

The part starting at 0:29 is just awesome.

The first song from 00:00 until 4:42 or so, just perfect to conclude the story of both Altair and Ezio... Amazing piece of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the most memorable one for me:

I remember whistling this song while playing this course. I still have this game and it's probably my favorite F-Zero game out of all of them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I have played a lot of different games, but when asked about video game music, the first thing that springs to mind is ALWAYS Diablo II. It really is just in a league of it's own.

Yes I know that the Tristram theme was originally the town-song in Diablo 1, but it was used in various forms in D2 so much that I count it as "belonging" to that game aswell.

Honorable mentions to the three Donkey Kong Country games (especially the 2nd and 3rd), Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (wannabe Bach at times), Classic WoW and the original SC+BW. Blizzard always have good music in their games (Diablo 3 being the exception, probably because they tried to hard to recreate D2s music without Matt Uelmen, turning it into generic cinematic crap).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    No GTA love?

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    OKAMI! tons of great music. I imported the OST because i loved the music so much, even though i can't read japanese.
    Thank you! I was about to lose all hope for this thread if there wasn't at least one Okami reference. There are literally some tracks I can't listen to without getting misty. ;_; Okami's probably the most beautiful game in every aspect I've ever played. I can't sing its praises enough. Game is flawless.

I was going to do Shinshu Fields since it's a popular favorite, but nope, going with this one:

Suikoden I (Most of 2's soundtrack were poor remixes of the original, unfortunately. Only exceptional remix is Gothic Neclord, which is awesome.)

One of the best boss battle themes I've heard. The second best one is also from Legend of Legaia.

Probably the most beautiful piece of music in all of WoW. Never wanted to leave Teldrassil. >_>

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson