Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Game Of Thrones (Telltale Games)

I was reading through some of the VGX announcements and noticed another Game Of Thrones game being released. Most Game of Thrones, games so far (IMO) have looked pretty bad, just cashing in on a popular title. I thought I'd check out the trailer anyway and noticed it was by Telltale games. This has actually got me pretty excited.

I'll be interested to see the prospective we'll be following and at what stage of the series we'll be coming in on.

Would you rather see major / minor characters or follow all new characters?
    Last edited by Feral Camel; 2014-11-21 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Updated trailer

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this yesterday and I can not wait!
    If they do it around the same guidelines as The Walking Dead, we are going to see pretty much all new characters and all new stories. Either way I'm sure it will be epic. Telltale has really made a name for themselves after The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, good for them.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet a full game split into several parts at £20 each with little to no gameplay. Can't wait.

I'll just watch playthroughs of it online again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Sweet a full game split into several parts at £20 each with little to no gameplay. Can't wait.

I'll just watch playthroughs of it online again.
    £20 is the full season price (all episodes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

It needs to be new characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    £20 is the full season price (all episodes).
    My bad, i was led to believe it was per episode. Makes it a lot less worse than i previously imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    It'll have to be. Kind of plays around too much with the original story. I'm kind of expecting it to be a Winterfell or Kingslanding solider (I have a long tradition of being way off).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone want to play random people in the GoT universe? The content outside of the main storyline of the book sucks ass fantasy wise, I mean really what can they do except make a mirror image of the books storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Macedonicus View Post
    I mean really what can they do except make a mirror image of the books storyline?
    Same could be said of the Walking Dead universe.

There's a lot !@#$ing happening in the world. Can't wait to see it.

I'm surprised to see a new Telltale announcement so quickly. They arent even halfway thru Wolf Among Us yet.

Let's not forget about Back to the Future, either. =)

While definitely not as 'intense' a setting as their three more recent titles, I think they showed that they CAN deliver an original story from a license that FEELS like the original(s).

(yeesh, just saw they did something with Jurassic Park too... first time I've seen it, so can't comment... although Jurassic Park has an even worse track record then Game of Thrones for games)
    Last edited by Halicia; 2013-12-09 at 04:12 AM.

This could be the first video game to do ASOIAF some justice. Pretty sad that the best GoT video games we have ATM are pretty much mods of Crusader Kings II and Civ5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    As someone else said, it'll have to be new characters so that it doesn't interfere with the main story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    As someone else said, it'll have to be new characters so that it doesn't interfere with the main story.
    I guess we may see a few recognisable characters in a similar way to how we see Glenn and Herschel in The Walking Dead game.

I'll be interested to see which art direction they go in. I really enjoyed the character style of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.
    Last edited by Feral Camel; 2013-12-09 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's too much to ask, but I'd like the game not to be set in the current timeline, but that of either the Dunk and Egg time, or Robert's Rebellion.

Both would tie into the show and expand the universe for those not going over everything with a fine toothed comb.

Either way, we finally get a game coming from a reputable studio. I'm eager to see what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    As long as I can get my revenge on Walder Frey and Roose Bolton.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH! . . . sigh
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    My bad, i was led to believe it was per episode. Makes it a lot less worse than i previously imagined.
    Yeah, some people get confused by the episodic nature of Telltale's series. I've seen some people who purchased The Walking Dead swearing after finding out the game releases episodes monthy rather than being all at once.

It's basically a one-time purchase. If you wait, you might get it cheaper, but you will get multiple episodes- or even the whole season- at once. The downside is you risk spoilers. If you get it as it comes out, it's really up to the individual whether or not they like the idea of having a story separated across the span of a few months.

Personally, I missed getting into Telltale's games while they were on-going, so I decided to play TWAU as it came out, rather than wait. It's great so far.

I guess the focus on big name series means no more Sam and Max or Monkey Island, though =(

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they're working on this, Walking Dead Season two, the other four seasons of Wolf Among us -AND- Tales from the Borderlands.

Fuck these guys are busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, Telltale is awesome. They must make a lot of money because their writers should be making movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    I guess it's too much to ask, but I'd like the game not to be set in the current timeline, but that of either the Dunk and Egg time, or Robert's Rebellion.
    ^^This.
    Would love to play a game set during the time Robert's Rebellion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    ^^This.
    Would love to play a game set during the time Robert's Rebellion.
    Oooooh, that would be great. I think it would be interesting from the perspective of House Arryn. The finale would be epic!

Deleted
    There were some rumors going around that it will be about Dunk and Egg, but we'll just have to see.