Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know me, not happy unless I can whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You know me, not happy unless I can whine.
    Self-reflection incarnate

Let's see how it turns out. They got me hyped again with that *secret* update, and I was like 'that is... all?' last night.
    If the wurm is a Taco 2.0 encounter, it will never ever get killed on my server. Never met more than 3 players during the encounter
    in the last few weeks, maybe they're all doing that winning-team-joining server guesting.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    *cough* personal problem *cough*, the fights are really simple and quite interesting, i loved the watchwork one, tough but cool, requires people to be actually good.
    No it doesn't, it is super simple.

You focus champion watchwerks till it is your turn to go in and there is no reason to actually protect siege as it does less damage then an actual player, then there is 1 champion with 1 mechanic and an aoe that always lands on one spot you watch out for.

On my realm people are so freaken stupid on the 2nd chain. All you have to do is lure the champion into the bomb, the only thing on the floor but no apparently it is a hard concept... 4 attempts and every time, my platform is the only one that finishes the the bomb champ for 2nd chain.

- - - Updated - - -

I love and hate these events. The marionette is good but without every single person doing the wurm event being on TS or something, it'll never get done.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Incredibly unimpressed yet again by a bit of Anet PR. More Lazerbeams!
    Same. I watched the video and afterwards it was like..."yawns". Have no plans to play anymore than I do now...which is maybe once or twice a month. They need to come out with some really interesting content.

I liked the story progression of destinys edge 2.0 this time around. Taimi is awesome and then scarlets hideout has some interesting things in it and we know what she made a giant drill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No it doesn't, it is super simple.

You focus champion watchwerks till it is your turn to go in and there is no reason to actually protect siege as it does less damage then an actual player, then there is 1 champion with 1 mechanic and an aoe that always lands on one spot you watch out for.

On my realm people are so freaken stupid on the 2nd chain. All you have to do is lure the champion into the bomb, the only thing on the floor but no apparently it is a hard concept... 4 attempts and every time, my platform is the only one that finishes the the bomb champ for 2nd chain.

- - - Updated - - -

I love and hate these events. The marionette is good but without every single person doing the wurm event being on TS or something, it'll never get done.
    That's the thing, the battles are fucking easy as heck but require good people, I was on ts with some guildies and said something like: gosh this people are idiotic, avoid aoe red ring kill stuff! and they got pissed at me for being "elitist", sometimes it makes me want to punch a kitten or someone that says micheal jackson
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I love taimi, I can't tell if she generally wants to be the groups friends or is using them so she can meet scarlet and become her apprentice.
    Can it be both?

Also I wish it was more clearly communicated why marionette and wurm failed when they do fail/what people need to do. In the groups I saw last night it seemed like no one could agree on why they failed which is frustrating because it makes it unlikely for people to improve :/

I am still not sure why Scarlet is a badguy. Or why she is doing all of this stuff... which doesn't even seem that effective as far as plots to overthrow the, um, "system" go. She seems kinda terrible at being a villain.

Scarlet is kinda lame in that same way the girl from Nigthfall was lame.

Remember that ghost lady in the arena jubilee to whatever that LS patch was called? That's a villain/boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am still not sure why Scarlet is a badguy. Or why she is doing all of this stuff... which doesn't even seem that effective as far as plots to overthrow the, um, "system" go. She seems kinda terrible at being a villain.

Remember that ghost lady in the arena jubilee to whatever that LS patch was called? That's a villain/boss.

The obvious answer is she is mad, delving into the metaphysical vortex of reality of the Eternal Alchemy drove her four squares bonkers.

But if you complete the personal story instance, discover her secret lair, find her journals and unlock the code to the console in her lair you'll have a better understanding of what she is up to.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The obvious answer is she is mad, delving into the metaphysical vortex of reality of the Eternal Alchemy drove her four squares bonkers.
    I know the Asura was trying to link up to the Eternal Alchemy, and I know she perceived something as if it was, though she also had a vision of the Pale Tree, but I've never been convinced she actually tapped into any real Eternal Alchemy. Though, it's not like GW's cosmology is well documented or anything. The Pale Tree shares a connection with every (possible exception of Nightmare Court) Sylvari born from the tree, it's perfectly logical that the machine simply plunger her deeper into that connection and it accounts for everything she saw, really.

I mean, she came out of the experience with more clarity, but is obviously insane, so that doesn't really mean her clarity is accurate, if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

And just google "Scarlet Briar’s Journal" if you just want to read the spoilers.

I typically don't care for villains who are mad just for the sake of being mad. Even if there is more depth to Scarlet than that we're finding it out way too late. She could have the best backstory of any villain ever written and you might think, "Ohhh..." at the end, but that doesn't really make up for the 80% (or whatever) LS updates where she just looks like a Mary-Sue.

Anyway, I was extremely disappointed to learn that the meta reward for this patch is another home instance node. I can't help but wonder if they designed it that way on purpose because it doesn't seem that many people are genuinely interested in this update.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

aparently there is a dragon like creature under lions arch and she plans to use a giant drill to open it up and kill it with the poison she made. When she saw the eternal alchemy she saw this creature and it is been haunting her and driving her insane for awhile, she is literally scared of it as it calls out to her in her nightmares.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-01-23 at 01:46 AM.

aparently there is a dragon like creature under lions arch and she plans to use a giant drill to open it up and kill it with the poison she made. When she saw the eternal alchemy she saw this creature and it is been haunting her and driving her insane for awhile, she is literally scared of it as it calls out to her in her nightmares.
    Yea, that seems pretty terrible on all fronts; plotting, narrative, reason and action.

I am tired of the that fem bot aoe fail kill
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I rather like the story instance.

I've only tried the marionette event once and haven't tried the wurm boss yet. Kind of confusing.

Yea, that seems pretty terrible on all fronts; plotting, narrative, reason and action.
    that is just the summary based on knowledge we got from this 1 patch in scarlets lair. The actual story part is missing.

Scarlet shows all the sings of being the product of a story written to explain content after the content had been decided upon and designed. In some cases, these sort of nonsensical mix-ups can be fun. I do find a certain charm in the ridiculous stories of something like Blaster Master on the NES, but no part of the Living Story comes off as wanting to be taken as a silly, *winkwink* joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Tried her the other day and it was sorta almost successful. Had most of our lanes do just fine, but a few of them failed at chains and we lost the event : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Somehow there must be a way to survive that AoE kill. We had a player that started rezzing short after the fail kill,
    but I have no idea why she survived.

Regarding Scarlets motives: This Reddit-Thread is worth reading.Scarlet - Destroying or Surviving theory. It appeared a day before the patch,
    so some details may be outdated, but it's worth reading.

Deleted
    I love Taimi

The rest sucks
    (I can barely play the new content, I got 5 dc's out of 7 tries, leaving me in a horrible overflow. My internet is fine, everything works. But I get kicked out of GW only. It's just unplayable at this point and not enjoyable for me at all anymore)

I'm really pissed off about it