Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If a person who is leaving REALLY wants to be heard, they can take the time to construct a well-worded, non-pissed-off-sounding essay on the official forums with their reasons listed in an organized and easy to follow format, in addition constructive ways to either change the issue or reach a compromise. Problem is a lot of people just want to flame the hell out of Blizzard in that form. If you take to the forum and really think before you type, you might end up saying something profound.

You don't need to post it in an automated form, because those things don't get read most likely.

I don't usually leave because of changes made to the game. Though, the last time I quit, I wish I could have given them a well thought out essay on why they need to make single months purchasable, as an addition to their current offerings. We managed to do that back in October (which may have been a system bug), and it worked out SO well for us. Problem with the monthly subscription model is that not all of us get paid regularly enough for that time of the month to not fall between paychecks and cause issues elsewhere. It's just be nice to let the account freeze long enough for that next check to come in that has enough breathing room to pay for game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're quitting, just quit. You obviously don't like the game anymore, or is it you do and you don't like a change so you're gonna cry run away like a child to a parent until you get what you want?

Why can't you people just quit without having to make a scene? Just /quit and move on if you're not happy with it anymore.
    Last edited by Nexsa; 2014-04-04 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    There are simply looking for trends. They aren't interested in your own personal reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Oh I dunno, because they ask?

Why would you tell your waiter or waitress at a restaurant that you're unhappy with your meal? What, you want to "cry run away like a child to a parent until you get what you want?"
    Well, that is what the "Submit a suggestion" in game is for or posting on the official forums. Also when you go to cancel it asks you. Filling up a fan forum is just annoying.

You wouldn't complain to the person in the restaurant sitting at the next table would you? Bazinga.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Well, that is what the "Submit a suggestion" in game is for or posting on the official forums.
    hahahahahahaha...ahahaha goodone

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Blizzard don't care what reason you have, because they know you will be back.
    You are aware that the game doesn't have 12 million subscribers right now, right? It's not unlikely the subcount will sink to 6.5m or less before the expansion comes out and while it may go back to, say, 8 million for a few months this winter, it won't be shooting back up to 12 ever again. Most don't come back.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't care why you quit. They already wrote you off when they decided to make the change in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Do you need an essay to explain why you're quitting? That's likely a problem. (And not on Blizzard's end.)

"The game doesn't interest me." "I don't like xyz change." "I had a bad customer experience."

Three sentences, barely any characters, three different reasons for quitting. I don't know why it should take more than that.
    Because that's not really a sufficient set of examples for Blizzard to make an assessment off of.

- - - Updated - - -

This has never ever been true. Not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Give a man an inch, and he will take a mile.
    Give too much freedom to "express yourself" and you will end up with an essay containing very little to no constructive content in the vast majority.
    Be concise, be specific.
    It's pretty much this.

It's also why you have people complaining about how Blizzard doesn't answer their support tickets because they wrote a bunch of useless information in it that they never got to the point they really want addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This has never ever been true. Not ever.
    Which bit? The part about caring or the part about coming back?

It only takes a few characters to type "because nerd raaaaage"

These questions weren't always there, but they've been there a long time. Since BC, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because Blizzard doesn't really care why you quit and isn't going to take the time to read it.

Deleted
    ''Blizzard doesn't care that you quit.''

Yeah, I've seen that the last couple of expansion with a huge subscription loss for like, 50%.

They don't seem to care at all.

I guess we found the reason because of the subscription cost, Blizzard doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    That might be all Blizzard cares to hear, but emotionally it's not enough for people who have sometimes spent years playing this game.
    if you have emotional problems go see a psychologist or something, its not blizzards responsibility to hire people just to read essays from people who quit. if you feel like crying theres always the forums for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I had no idea how the process of Cancelling worked.
    After you decide to cancel the sub you get pre selected answers (which lets be honest wont cover a lot of the issues)
    when you finally get to the process of giving feedback they don't even give enough for more than a few sentences.
    Has it always been like that or have they nerfed that also?
    if you're so pissed you want to delete your account, why even bother giving them the pleasure of letting them know why you want to quit?

I had no idea how the process of Cancelling worked.
    After you decide to cancel the sub you get pre selected answers (which lets be honest wont cover a lot of the issues)
    when you finally get to the process of giving feedback they don't even give enough for more than a few sentences.

Truth is bizzard couldn't care less about you quitting and having what few options you have is just for looks and formality.

Your single subscription means little to nothing. What we need is millions more to leave the game so blizzard will be inclined to write a better story, desgin and development around things already in the game and to adds things to the game instead of removing them.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-04-05 at 02:34 AM.

You think they have time to read 500 pages on why you don't like WoW anymore?

I love the use of the word nerf in that sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When you go through the process of unsubbing they specifically ask you to share feedback as to the reason why on the forums if there isn't enough room in the feedback forms during the process.

So there's plenty of room more than that and for any number of reasons that someone would quit.
    None of which should take more than a few sentences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    What we need is millions more to leave the game so blizzard will be inclined to write a better story, desgin and development around things already in the game and to adds things to the game instead of removing them.
    5 million players have already quit, though.

In all fairness I thought that MoP was a decent xpac from a PvE perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Which bit? The part about caring or the part about coming back?
    The latter. This game has always been faced with more people trying it and leaving than actually staying... you just never actually saw the impact of it till post-Wrath era. Whether this is an issue with other titles, I do not know, but the unsub questionnaire leaves a lot to be desired, and far more specific data could be gleaned from it.

Doubt they do anymore after the whole "omg i am quit kong foo pandaz" thing.
    Dunno about that. The fact the xpac after MoP is all about Draenor and old-school Horde Orcs and their origins probably was influenced by the AMG PANDAS NOT REAL WARCRAFT backlash.