Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I knew the f2p option was limited but seriously?!
    Yup they lock certain quest rewards out like chests/lockboxes/other things out for F2P players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    You ask this question on a WoW forum. That's like asking Burger King if you should go to McDonalds.
    Only if about 40% of the customers in said Burger King don't actually eat the food any more, or like the food, and mostly just hang around to chat with friends they met at Burger King and/or complain loudly about the quality of the menu in earshot of Burger King managers.

It's totally gonna kill WOW.

Just like SWTOR did... and Rift... and Guild Wars 2... And all the other games that were so bad I don't even recall their names.

Wild Star just doesn't have enough going for it.

Only people that are going to abandon WOW for it are those who really get a hard-on for the whole "skill based" targeting and those who really dig the graphics that are even cartoonier than WOW's. Anyone that doesn't fall into those two camps aren't gonna bother with it.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-05-28 at 03:43 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Couldn't resist making this kinda thread, could you?

The only thing that will kill WoW is itself, Blizzard, or time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it going to be a wow killer? no. God no. Wildstar caters towards the hardcore gamers, everything that hits you might just kill you. Holy hell the dungeons are hard as hell.

Do you remember Rift, SWTOR, GW2, ESO and many others before them? Yeah...Wildstar is gonna be joining them in a couple of months. So the answer to your question is: Not just no, but fuck no.

No one game can kill WoW. It's the continuing accumulation of competing games eroding the playerbase that will slowly but surely 'kill' WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yup they lock certain quest rewards out like chests/lockboxes/other things out for F2P players.
    I remember playing it a while ago, and then trying it again last year, I had to laugh when I could no longer use my titles, or even turn my helm off. I kind of just wandered about and messed around, then I figured out that there really wasn't too much to do unless you spend money. You're kind of just...stuck in limbo, until you buy a bunch of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like WoW and am going to continue to play, and *GASP* I am going to buy Wildstar when the initial investment price drops (Sorry I don't want to pay 60$ for an mmo at this current time D: )

They are both fun games in there own way.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game vs Game threads aren't allowed here.