Deleted

Guild Dungeons And Raids

Guild Dungeons And Raids

Many of us were not here at the start of wow and missed out on loads of good things , The trouble is Raids, Dungeons guild achievements are really hard to get for newly formed guilds at lvl 25.

Not because they are hard i myself can solo them all nearly but it is getting members to get all this very old content done with the correct amount of members in the run.

Would it be possible to make all old content solo able as it is very old and allow the guild achievements with the new release due soon this is going to be even worse to try and get. There are many guild perks that can be obtained not because it's hard to get it impossible to get players to do the old content.

So if this content can be made solo able and allows the guild to open these perks up then we would at least get a chance to get descent members and at least get a go at this new content, as it stands people join see you don't have anything and move on to another guild thus a newly formed guild has no real chance of getting anywhere.

To me allowing the old content say up to Pandaria to be solo achievable would in fact get a better response to the game as members would put in effort with a raid team.

What do other guild GM's feel about this ?

Deleted
    I agree and on a similar note I'd like them to change it so that the 100 mount achievment only requires 50 mounts because it's really hard to get 100 mounts.

I'm against the idea just because it goes against what a guild is.

Guilds are supposed to be groups of people working together. If you're one of those people who spam trade begging for signatures or paying people to sign your charter just to start your own private little guild only for you to be in it, it's not really a guild in practice, only as a technicality with it's name.

Guild achievements fall under the category of group-oriented content when they require a certain number of people participating to get a reward for it, makes sense to require more people. You didn't complete molten core as a guild if you went in there and solo'd it.

So join a real guild with real people and work together with them to do these things. If your guild doesn't want to or doesn't care about guild achievements, then they really shouldn't have them as a guild now should they?

As a side note, honestly I wish they'd do something to curb people buying signatures or getting them from people at random, possibly by forcing people to be in that guild for a certain length of time once they help found it. If you can't even get 9 other people interested in being in a guild with you, you don't deserve to have a guild in the first place. And actually I believe they reduced the number down to only 4 a while back, so it becomes even more of a joke.

People should really stop trying to turn MMO's into single player games.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-06-02 at 08:42 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm against the idea just because it goes against what a guild is.

Guilds are supposed to be groups of people working together. If you're one of those people who spam trade begging for signatures or paying people to sign your charter just to start your own private little guild only for you to be in it, it's not really a guild in practice, only as a technicality with it's name.

Guild achievements fall under the category of group-oriented content when they require a certain number of people participating to get a reward for it, makes sense to require more people. You didn't complete molten core as a guild if you went in there and solo'd it.

So join a real guild with real people and work together with them to do these things. If your guild doesn't want to or doesn't care about guild achievements, then they really shouldn't have them as a guild now should they?

As a side note, honestly I wish they'd do something to curb people buying signatures or getting them from people at random, possibly by forcing people to be in that guild for a certain length of time once they help found it. If you can't even get 9 other people interested in being in a guild with you, you don't deserve to have a guild in the first place. And actually I believe they reduced the number down to only 4 a while back, so it becomes even more of a joke.

While I'm fine with there being things that require a group of people to achieve, I do not see what is wrong with founding your own guild to have your own personal access to various perks. I paid people to help me found my guild, yeah. But once I had it, everything I got was by MY accomplishment. Not someone else's. I levelled that guild to 25. I earned those perks. I put in more work than most of the people who joined all these other guilds did in getting all that stuff. The achievements unlocked in that guild? All me. I'm not bothered by not being able to get certain things. I'm proud of my accomplishments.

So nuts to you saying I don't deserve what I have because I can't force 9 other people to stay in with me. I say, you didn't do it by yourself, you shouldn't have what I sweated out on my own! See how easy sweeping generalizations that don't impact you are?

Deleted
    I built my guild on my own to lvl 25 i worked hard on it for months that's not what i am saying it old raids and dungeons that no 1 cares about and will not do because there is nothing worth there while for.

I am talking about the GUILD achievements making the old content solo as to allow you to get them if you cant get 5 peeps to help your stuffed NO 1 cares about the old as there is nothing in it for them.

It's all current content the second you ask in GUILD for old content runs no 1 cares a dam i care about my guild and love to get these done but everyone is current HC only and have no chance to get these done.

Get people interested in doing thing together is fundamental to even consider having a guild.
    And measuring guild success on achievements is really not good. Our guild have near zero PvP achievements and we are fine, we are PvE and we have nearly all PvE achievements.

And everything is dependant on guild size, if you have 500+ people in guild its really hard to find enough people NOT interested in doing old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

They would need to remove the gold cap on guild banks, for instance I have had to start 4 additional guilds just to get the space for the gold, there is myself and another officer in these guilds. Other people have them in lieu of bag space, so forcing people to stay in the guilds isn't going to be helpful.

To the op I don't think you should be able to get guild achievements for soloing content, what perks are tied to achievements these days?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uksparky View Post
    I built my guild on my own to lvl 25 i worked hard on it for months that's not what i am saying it old raids and dungeons that no 1 cares about and will not do because there is nothing worth there while for.
    If ur the only person in your guild then its stupid to ask for guild achs which are designed for groups.

Guilds are about TEAMS of players.

If u want to get those guild achs done then get people in your guild and do them.

This stinks of yet another Wow players self-entitlement... which means Blizz will probably give it to you... and probably throw in a chest full of epics too!

Deleted
    n
    Quote Originally Posted by Uksparky View Post
    If ur the only person in your guild then its stupid to ask for guild achs which are designed for groups.

Guilds are about TEAMS of players.

If u want to get those guild achs done then get people in your guild and do them.

This stinks of yet another Wow players self-entitlement... which means Blizz will probably give it to you... and probably throw in a chest full of epics too!
    I have 400 members and constantly ask for 5+ for runs but they are all ways to busy with all the new content there are just to many that only care for themselves we all would love a raiding guild but so many people out there only play for there needs.I know peeps have to do there own stuff but old content has no value to them and thus being a waste of there own time as there is nothing in it for them.

This is what this post is about OLD non constructive guild achivs, if there is nothing in it for them then there is nothing you can do to get them, Soo is all ways what peeps like to do as IT HAS gear all OLD content has nothing for them thus what's the point.

Ig OLD guild achivs can be made solo able then the guild can get at least it's achievements, I myself work hard to get anything done and getting non profitable achivs done is hard and worthless to anyone accept the GM of the guild i could myself grind all old content on my own in a day easy, getting guild members to help impossible