ok thanks all

- - - Updated - - -

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The guy is busy, give it time. Pretty sure his guides don't update completely until a few days to a week goes by. I'm more confused about the fact you use his guides and then ask if he's trolling just because it's not updated day 1 of a patch. Pretty sure that's a great example of biting the hand that fees you.
    There is a very VERY big difference between not updating and updating with outdated false information from MONTHS ago which shows that he simply does not care about it. Nobody would blame him if he would take a few days more time but this is just...

And just because this is fixed by now does not change that fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Azor trolling with the icy veins updates?

Survival t20 is outdated from weeks ago and BM references both the 2 charges baseline *and* the fucked up wild call blizzard tried out for less than a week?

Is he that out of touch or just plain trolling. The guides basically all read "play MM everything else is shit" yet the other 2 specs are full of outdated information....
    Instead of being an asshole you can just point out what is wrong. I'm sure you've never made a mistake in your life. You can PM him on discord.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Just to document what I arrived at in Discord: (Remains to be seen if this is at all an effective approach; I have my doubts for two reasons. 1: This is even more rigid and prone to error than vulnerable was, meaning if this is what we end up doing and "having to do" to maximize DPS, Blizzard will likely change it because it's FAR too punishing, and 2: I'm unsure of what will happen when we start throwing Windburst [do we just eat 1x medium, 1x powerful aimed shots and start our new cycle 1 GBC earlier, wasting the tail end of that vulnerable window?], and how we'll be able to "restart" the cycle efficiently (EG, get the buff rolling again after we exhaust our focus pool).

As I'm seeing it ATM; A 7 second cycle assuming both aimed shots are buffed by haste, needs ~17% haste with the nerf. To the best of my knowledge, haste is 10 /sec + haste, so 11.7/sec = 7*11.7 = ~82; Arcane shot makes that 98, then comes crits. That's fine. In order to do this, we need to go from the end of one cycle at 7 seconds, through MS->AS->AS = 3.8, and aimed shot 1.5, which is doable; That's a total of 5.3 seconds, assuming everything goes right. This is however only maintainable for the duration that you can make sure you've pooled enough focus, which means you need atleast ~80 focus banked when starting your aimed shots (as you need to fire off 117 focus in succession; You will be regenning ~35 focus during your two aimed shots, then need 25 for the marked shot). So if you're losing ~20 focus per cycle, that means you can do it twice, then it'll fall off, and you then have to do a MS-AS-Aimed-Aimed cycle to get the buff started again. Atleast if I comprehend this right

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-06-14 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just to document what I arrived at in Discord: (Remains to be seen if this is at all an effective approach; I have my doubts for two reasons. 1: This is even more rigid and prone to error than vulnerable was, meaning if this is what we end up doing and "having to do" to maximize DPS, Blizzard will likely change it because it's FAR too punishing, and 2: I'm unsure of what will happen when we start throwing Windburst [do we just eat 1x medium, 1x powerful aimed shots and start our new cycle 1 GBC earlier, wasting the tail end of that vulnerable window?], and how we'll be able to "restart" the cycle efficiently (EG, get the buff rolling again after we exhaust our focus pool).

As I'm seeing it ATM; A 7 second cycle assuming both aimed shots are buffed by haste, needs ~17% haste with the nerf. To the best of my knowledge, haste is 10 /sec + haste, so 11.7/sec = 7*11.7 = ~82; Arcane shot makes that 98, then comes crits. That's fine. In order to do this, we need to go from the end of one cycle at 7 seconds, through MS->AS->AS = 3.8, and aimed shot 1.5, which is doable; That's a total of 5.3 seconds, assuming everything goes right. This is however only maintainable for the duration that you can make sure you've pooled enough focus, which means you need atleast ~80 focus banked when starting your aimed shots (as you need to fire off 117 focus in succession; You will be regenning ~35 focus during your two aimed shots, then need 25 for the marked shot). So if you're losing ~20 focus per cycle, that means you can do it twice, then it'll fall off, and you then have to do a MS-AS-Aimed-Aimed cycle to get the buff started again. Atleast if I comprehend this right

[/COLOR]
    Sounds fun to play :>

I was curious how big of a difference the boots actually make for MM? I was BM thru most of NH and debating switching. I have belt and Gloves for MM but not the boots. I realize having trueshot up for a certain time in the fight can be huge but im asking more of a viable or not viable option for raiding come next week in ToS?

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    I was curious how big of a difference the boots actually make for MM? I was BM thru most of NH and debating switching. I have belt and Gloves for MM but not the boots. I realize having trueshot up for a certain time in the fight can be huge but im asking more of a viable or not viable option for raiding come next week in ToS?
    If you know BM and are comfortable with it stay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Azor trolling with the icy veins updates?

Survival t20 is outdated from weeks ago and BM references both the 2 charges baseline *and* the fucked up wild call blizzard tried out for less than a week?

Is he that out of touch or just plain trolling. The guides basically all read "play MM everything else is shit" yet the other 2 specs are full of outdated information....
    He's never cared about any spec except MM, his guide is useless for anyone who wants to play other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Boots are by far the best for pretty much everything with MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    He's never cared about any spec except MM, his guide is useless for anyone who wants to play other specs.
    He does seem to start every patch with - "MM will be the only viable raiding spec, everything else is, err, play if you want to?"; 7.2, he's been right about 50% of the time. I am not retiring my BM hunter based on his newest MMgasm.

You weren't around in MoP or WoD, huh?

Man, the persecution complexes BMs have...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    He does seem to start every patch with - "MM will be the only viable raiding spec, everything else is, err, play if you want to?"; 7.2, he's been right about 50% of the time. I am not retiring my BM hunter based on his newest MMgasm.
    That's because, MM has been by far the best raiding spec this expansion. Barring of course a brief glimmer of hope for BM after 7.2, but that was after NH progress for a lot of people so it didn't matter. The guides are written for raiders not roleplayers, and since 90% of discord is filled with "hi guys what's best spec?", what do you expect to be said in the guide?

You can play what you want nobody's stopping you. But like I said, most people reading a guide literally just want the simple answer as to what they should play.

If you think the BM and Survival guides are incorrect you're welcome to enter the discord server and post in the channel that is specifically dedicated to guide feedback, where heroes like you can impart their impeccable wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    That's because, MM has been by far the best raiding spec this expansion. Barring of course a brief glimmer of hope for BM after 7.2, but that was after NH progress for a lot of people so it didn't matter. The guides are written for raiders not roleplayers, and since 90% of discord is filled with "hi guys what's best spec?", what do you expect to be said in the guide?

You can play what you want nobody's stopping you. But like I said, most people reading a guide literally just want the simple answer as to what they should play.

If you think the BM and Survival guides are incorrect you're welcome to enter the discord server and post in the channel that is specifically dedicated to guide feedback, where heroes like you can impart their impeccable wisdom.
    You know very well that he has not cared about BM or Surv since WoD last patch. If he would put the same effort into BM or Surv it might actually show something different, but no, he only cares for MM, and has been this way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    You know very well that he has not cared about BM or Surv since WoD last patch. If he would put the same effort into BM or Surv it might actually show something different, but no, he only cares for MM, and has been this way for a long time.
    Specify what you mean by "not caring". Are you saying the guides are wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Specify what you mean by "not caring". Are you saying the guides are wrong?
    When he first released the updated guides, BM and SV had quite a few errors, mostly to do with the T20 bonuses and changes but these were corrected a day or two later.

He does favour MM a lot more though, thats something you cannot deny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people.... If you don't like it maybe write a nice guide by yourself instead of crying etc.?

Simple Solution - Don't use his guides. He's doing this out of his own time. Instead of criticizing the man, be productive and make your own guides since you obviously know more due to your capability to criticize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    When he first released the updated guides, BM and SV had quite a few errors, mostly to do with the T20 bonuses and changes but these were corrected a day or two later.

He does favour MM a lot more though, thats something you cannot deny.
    He favors the top DPS spec and it's been MM this entire expansion. For a short period BM was ahead and Blizzard buffed MM to correct it. Survival hasn't changed much outside of buffing the entire spec. BM guide has received multiple updates over this tier. He even went out of his way to make an individual guide on legendary rank.

What more do people want? If we're playing a sub-par spec updating a guide isn't going to make it perform better.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    He favors the top DPS spec and it's been MM this entire expansion. For a short period BM was ahead and Blizzard buffed MM to correct it. Survival hasn't changed much outside of buffing the entire spec. BM guide has received multiple updates over this tier. He even went out of his way to make an individual guide on legendary rank.

What more do people want? If we're playing a sub-par spec updating a guide isn't going to make it perform better.
    I think you took what I said the wrong way. I was merely giving an answer to a question. I knew that there were mistakes in the guides and I already knew what it should be changed to so it didn't affect me in any way, but not everyone keeps up to date with what is going on with their class, so if they look at a guide and it has the wrong information, people are not going to see the guides as accurate or trustworthy which makes Azor look bad.

Also, updating guides will help you perform better because classes change, talents change, stats change and any changes made needs to be updated correctly otherwise you fall behind and will start performing worse because of it.

I personally appreciate the guides and sims he does because I would rely on them a lot when I first started playing hunter in WoD, now I do my own sims because thats just something that you have to do these days thanks to all this legendary and titanforge bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Threelibras View Post
    Simple Solution - Don't use his guides. He's doing this out of his own time. Instead of criticizing the man, be productive and make your own guides since you obviously know more due to your capability to criticize.
    Criticism is necessary... its just many people don't fully understand the concept of what it is to criticise and just point out flaws without any context. It is hard to criticise a guide because it is either correct or incorrect, so pointing out mistakes is the only logical way to make sure that the correct information is being displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Threelibras View Post
    wow, what a bad solution!
    If he writes a guide, which is wrong, he should be corrected. Many people are reading IV guides, why should wrong things not be corrected? That's even worse than no guide at all in some cases... (his BM guide is not that bad, don't worry)
    I mean he gets enough praise for his guides, he should be able to manage some criticism.

Also some other points:
    1) Even if I would make a guide, IV would not adopt it.
    2) If I see a mistake in a guide, does not mean that I know more about the class than the author. I just found a mistake...
    3) Even if I knew more about the class, I may not be that proficient in writing