Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    Actually enjoying the game as much as I thought I would atm already put in 8 hours o.o
    Nooooo I still haven't got my copy Is it close to Xillia 1? I managed to catch up on Xillia 1's story, so I'm primed to go (ONCE MY HANDS GET BE GOT ON IT)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Got my copy XD finished up atelier meruru getting all the other ends tomorrow then onto xillia 2
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Nooooo I still haven't got my copy Is it close to Xillia 1? I managed to catch up on Xillia 1's story, so I'm primed to go (ONCE MY HANDS GET BE GOT ON IT)
    Many many many events are referenced back to Xillia 1. Many changes to the game that makes the game 'better' than the first For example, there is really no 'Events' with a green '!' around towns like there was in Xillia 1. Now your characters will be standing around the towns and have their own story quests. If you want to do events and quests like Xillia 1, you'll be happier to know that it's very much expanded and uses a billboard system to track down rare monsters, find rare materials/items to turn in, kill a number of a certain monster, etc. I had 8 quests just for one area o.o

If you play WoW and know about Garrisons that are coming in WoD, you'll know about sending your followers on missions. Well in Xillia 2, you can do the same thing with kitty cats you find around the maps ^.^ and I chuckle every time I send Rolo on a mission and hear his screaming excitement to head out on said mission

But yes, I've put in 10 hours into the game and I've barely started o.o Been doing the side stuff more than the story, and I like that
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff yeah I enjoy being sidetracked alot, which the tales series does pretty well most times! Can't wait for the weekend so I can start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm new game smell ^-^

- - - Updated - - -

Where the hell is the japanese voices?!

- - - Updated - - -

Noooo! No japanese voices! That like completely ruins the game for me almost i hate english voiceovers
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Noooo! No japanese voices! That like completely ruins the game for me almost i hate english voiceovers
    Yeah, welcome to Tales games unfortunately. That's why I import 'em! Or well, I import everything that I can anyway but Tales are included most of all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Tales' dubs aren't terrible. They're a heck of a lot better than most of the games that keep JP voices as an excuse to go real cheap on the dubs (Anything NISA).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea started playing and farmed up to lvl 7 last night guess i can get used to the voice overs but the one for the little girl is annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Eh, Tales' dubs aren't terrible. They're a heck of a lot better than most of the games that keep JP voices as an excuse to go real cheap on the dubs (Anything NISA).
    Some of 'em are good to be sure but none of them let you switch voices. Which is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Tales of Graces F/Vesperia/Symphonia/Xillia with japanese voices XD Its just this one that they decided not to do it for whatever dumb reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Tales of Graces F/Vesperia/Symphonia/Xillia with japanese voices XD Its just this one that they decided not to do it for whatever dumb reason
    I don't remember those games having the options to turn on Japanese voices o.o

What do you all think about the loan system? Tbh, I actually like it :3 I get more than enough gald to spend and when you get rewarded based on how much money to put towards your loan is always a plus
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really mind the loan system causes you to farm more money then you need before you move on to get upgrades XD

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly how long is this game? I feel like im close to beating it

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really mind the loan system causes you to farm more money then you need before you move on to get upgrades XD

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly how long is this game? I feel like im close to beating it
    16 chapters for the main story. But a lot more game time if you do all the characters side stories, side quests, and such. It's actually a longer game than Tales of Xillia 1 with all the side stuff with the main story together

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea then im close to beating it on chapter 10 atm

- - - Updated - - -

Searched entire map and still cant find mysterious bead

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mysterious beads are in the nala lava tubes. Definitely as a drop from monsters, but I'm pretty sure it's also semi-rare loot on the map.

Rewards from the poker minigame are surprisingly good if you do it as soon as you have access to it. Four extractors that each have a total multiplier of 7-10 (things like 4/4, 3/2/2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea found it alittle after i posted since that place was the last spot i didnt check due to milla's story

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the game so far but still trying to get the hang of combat (about 3 + hours in and I'm still mucking around the initial Alest area).

- Does the knockback/knockup effect ever become smoothly integrated or useful? Right now, all I find myself able to do is do a knock up, and then a couple of normal attacks. I can't chain those normal attacks into an arte, or even go straight from a knockup into an arte.

Edit: To be clear, I mean the knockback or knock up activated by using L1 + attack button, not from any artes.

- Are there ways early game to work efficiently with the AC system? Since that seems to be the main limitation now, rather than TP. I haven't really gotten how to restore AC and continue a combo well. Or do I need to learn a few more passive skills or something to make it less of a limitation?

Edit : removed my earlier questions on raising the difficulty / chaining link artes during overlimit.
    Last edited by Mavecryst; 2014-08-25 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha the sneaky little dirty jokes XD

1. Higher level yes
    2. Need more abilities
    3. Nope
    4. Nope it goes by your weapons and power charge

- - - Updated - - -

On chapter 12 4 to go should have it beat by tomorrow night or morning but gotta grind some levels/gald XD

- - - Updated - - -

Just a future fyi if a party member dies mid fight and you win while they're dead they dont get any xp

- - - Updated - - -

Okay o.o damn muzet her story 1 she just did a guy

- - - Updated - - -

Chapter 12 = T-T and giant mind-fuck/Tear jerker

- - - Updated - - -

This guy... omg this guy.... TIME COMPRESSION OMFG i hate you!

- - - Updated - - -

Damnit tales have me crying T-T wont stop either Once Julius started humming i fking lost it T-T

- - - Updated - - -

Now done with the game got the true ending and it was great XD never expected Tales to give me so many feels T-T
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2014-08-26 at 03:23 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how's everyone going in this game now? I'm only in Chapter 8, so no spoilers please. How're you guys finding the combat / characters / pacing? Really enjoying all of it at the moment, I find the debt system unnecessary but it doesn't intrude much on my gameplay so I don't really care too much about it. I pay off enough to just shut Nova up.

Combat is fun, I like how it gets more involved as you progress, little tricks are added here and there (as is the case with Tales games). For example, aside from the usual acquiring of new abilities, after using the abilities a certain number of times they are "levelled up" in a sense; some abilities can be used in mid-air. So I'm never ever bored with combat, even though the enemy encounters can get alittle repetitive; there's always something new to try. Just got mystic artes too, yay!

The story is pretty good I think, for what it tries to be anyway. I love the character development though. So far, I'm really enjoying the variety of characters and there isn't a single character that I don't like. The only improvement I can wish for here is the voice clips to be more varied (the ones like "there's a nice breeze").
    My favourite characters are Alvin and Leia so far. They make me really want to play the first game to see what they were like then. Not an easy choice though, since I like all the characters! Even Gaius, I didn't initially think I would like him much but he's an interesting one too.

So this is going to be really late but. 10/10 was kinda annoyed at the whole debt thing, but the ending and the relationship between Julius and Ludger made the game so much worth it. The self sacrifice to save his elle even if she isnt from the prime dimension was just so amazing, still have a few tears seeing that. so glad they let me do that, i wanted nothing more than to save elle and give her a peaceful future. Now we patiently wait til Tales of Zestiria comes out where we can hopefully get the same amount of feels as we did in this game. Oh and minus the whole debt thing to.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Damnit tales have me crying T-T wont stop either Once Julius started humming i fking lost it T-T

- - - Updated - - -

Now done with the game got the true ending and it was great XD never expected Tales to give me so many feels T-T
    I feel your pain brother. Still have a few tears myself. So glad i bought another ps3 just to play this.