Deleted

The story and mechanics are getting better with each new episode

I wanted to say that I feel that both the story and the game mechanics are truly getting better and better with each new episode/patch coming.

For example, spoliers ahead, but in the last parts we saw Glint's lair, we saw that ArenaNet doesn't shy from gruesome things like Balinda's sister dieing, sylvari being tortured and it shown, one of the masters dieing, showing Faolain's true nature and having the player massacre a camp of centaurs or kill golems while killing the sylvari attached to them. I thought this was awesome, it makes some of the heroes seem somewhat grey, I mean Caithe did some of those things.

Also, I feel the mechanics are getting better and more inovative. That crystal golems you could only break with the shatter debuff, the little elementals, the whole sneaking around done in this last part launched, I found them truly amazing and fun.

Of course there are still ways to improve things (for example, I hated that boss in the cavern with the masters, and no, not talking the actual boss, but rather the veteran flower at the end of the tentacle corridor, it killed me 3-4 times, more than the boss himself killed me, and all because this flower instantly killed all illusions and I'm a mesmer) but overall I feel the game is getting better and better.

What do you think?

I do not think either is getting "better", per se. But I do feel the overall quality and gameplay integration to storytelling to be rather good this LS season. A lot of LS2 is well done- not so much so that I feel any one element of story or gameplay are overly remarkable in the context of GW2.

Still a pretty well made game overall if a little repetitious feeling at times. Then again, few MMOs truly blow my socks off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story is better than season 1 but in a nutshell it's fast becoming a rather annoying series of short cliffhangers. They need to really get back to the basics that made the franchise a best seller and start working towards full blown expansions and leave the LS where it should be, as monthly fillers between the large content updates.
    This will allow them not only the chance to really cement some good story and direction but work towards perfecting some good mechanics that were very popular, like the marionette and the newest Glint lair fights.

Deleted
    If I'd compare with earlier releases, or even the character story, I totally agree it's getting better. So I'm glad it's improving.

it's better to get stuff every month, even if it's with cliffhangers -. heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I like challenge modes , nothing more rewarding than killing that bastard centaur after he mopped the floor with me like 7 times. I still need to get the sneaky achievement though, I always end up getting discovered when I'm going to deliver the final knock to the boss.( when hes at 50% health)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely better

Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    The story is better than season 1 but in a nutshell it's fast becoming a rather annoying series of short cliffhangers. They need to really get back to the basics that made the franchise a best seller and start working towards full blown expansions and leave the LS where it should be, as monthly fillers between the large content updates.
    This will allow them not only the chance to really cement some good story and direction but work towards perfecting some good mechanics that were very popular, like the marionette and the newest Glint lair fights.
    Yes, an expansion would be most welcomed.

That being said, you can't say you don't understand why they leave us in cliffhangers all the time. It's the same reasons movies and serials do the same. To keep the player/watcher interested in what comes next. This way you'll think "hmmm... whould I go back to play GW2... but I want to see what happens with the story" same as in a movie "should I watch the next part... but I want to know what happened next". That's the whole idea of cliffhangers, to keep you interested in the story for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, an expansion would be most welcomed.

That being said, you can't say you don't understand why they leave us in cliffhangers all the time. It's the same reasons movies and serials do the same. To keep the player/watcher interested in what comes next. This way you'll think "hmmm... whould I go back to play GW2... but I want to see what happens with the story" same as in a movie "should I watch the next part... but I want to know what happened next". That's the whole idea of cliffhangers, to keep you interested in the story for the future.
    A cliffhanger is fine but introducing one after another without ever resolving any of the previous ones leaves the story disjointed and confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the new maps, they've successfully de-zerged the content and made it much more interesting. This was brought home to me yesterday since I mostly play the new zones and WvW and haven't done much in the way of world bosses for awhile. Yesterday I came out of the Twilight Arbor dungeon just as the Jungle Wurm boss was spawning - stupid ridiculous amount of players, couldn't even see the ground.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    A cliffhanger is fine but introducing one after another without ever resolving any of the previous ones leaves the story disjointed and confusing.
    Exactly. I had already completely forgotten about Rytlolck until a guildy mentioned him the other night, plus I had completely forgotten that my character was supposed to go through what scarlet did when looking into the eternal alchemy or whatever. Seriously that shit feels like ages ago and they were never even resolved or touched on since... ANet fails so hard at story!

I haven't tried the new one yet because I am so burnt out on these shitty 5 minute episode but ehhh maybe tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    5 minute
    Your claims become more fantastical with every post! The world record for the jumping puzzle alone is 8:58 mins. If you say you are completing all content in 5 mins you need to post a vid or it didn't happen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...le_record_858/
    Valar morghulis

Karizee I think it's called a figure of speech.

And also I assume was meant to apply to the story instances, not every single new piece of content. Sure it took longer, but it still felt like 5 minutes of actual story with plenty of padding.

Silverwastes is still fun though.

- - - Updated - - -

And also I assume was meant to apply to the story instances, not every single new piece of content. Sure it took longer, but it still felt like 5 minutes of actual story with plenty of padding.

Silverwastes is still fun though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The endless cliffhangers are tiresome. Even when the story is finished you get another cliffhanger followed by holes in information (end of season 1, introduction to mordremoths name)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

They never really feel hugely climactic to me, personally. I'm still interested where the story goes, don't really care about the mechanics since more often than not they just get in the way for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Your claims become more fantastical with every post! The world record for the jumping puzzle alone is 8:58 mins. If you say you are completing all content in 5 mins you need to post a vid or it didn't happen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...le_record_858/
    I thought the hyperbole was pretty obvious lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    That's the point yes