Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite Continent?

Definitely Northrend for me, just the music and nature, I feel like I'm in like in the deep wilds of Alaska...Scottish-Norse-prehistoric Alaska, but still Alaska.

how many of these posts in a day.

anyways I think kalimdor for me and eastern kingdoms before cata went out

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    how many of these posts in a day.

anyways I think kalimdor for me and eastern kingdoms before cata went out
    My favorite zones on each continent are the Barrens and the Loch Modan...

Draenor is my favourite continent, love how good it looks

Yeah, Northrend here. Scholozar Basin was the only zone in Northrend I didn't particularly like, and that's just because I don't care for jungle zones in general. I loved everything else about Northrend though. Howling Fjord is my favorite zone in Northrend. I love the zone and the music there.

I really like areas that are winter-themed with a lot of snow, and that's pretty much...all of Northrend. Dun Morogh and Winterspring are also a couple of favorite zones for me.

Northend, Icecrown particular is amazing

Draenor... I suffer from something I call "Draenor Syndrome" where, after seeing Draenor, if I go to a zone in the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor, I get severely underwhelmed.

Draenor is simply stunning.

Outland is my favorite continent. Very atmospheric. Very immersive.

Every. single. zone. in Outland has a UNIQUE music & theme soundtrack that fits its zone like a glove. It compliments the artists. This was a time when you could tell Blizzard cared very, very, very much for every little detail. There are no remixes or copy & paste from Classic World of Warcraft, it was all brand new.

Hellfire Peninsula
    Zangarmarsh
    Terokkar Forest
    Nagrand
    Blade's Edge Mountains
    Netherstorm
    Shadowmoon Valley

I still get chills thinking back to Jan 2007 while leveling, it was me and only a couple other people leveling in Nagrand. (having Tier 3 at the beginning of the expansion gave some of us an incredible boost over the rest of the population.) Anyways, Nagrand at night time is the most immersive I had ever felt in a PC game since probably 2000's Deus Ex or 1998's Unreal. I was absolutely floored. It's moments like that which I will always remember.

Don't get me wrong, Classic WoW had a few moments like this as well--Eastern Plaguelands, Desolace, Darkshore, and Moonglade to name a few, but TBC had the best consistency of immersion without breaks.

Wrath, Cata, Mop, and WoD all suffer from lack of immersion, night not equaling night, too much unnecessary comic relief, and too many zones with horrible accompanying soundtracks that don't fit or scream lazy. Ok that's enough for tonight, Merry Christmas everyone.

Honestly, it's hard to say. While I think Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, 5.0 Krasarang and 5.0 Vale of Eternal Blossoms was pretty great... the continent as a whole just got too dreary and depressing as there wasn't a single place you could go where people weren't being eaten alive by something.

At the moment, as much as I think the story is sigh-inducingly awful in some places... yeah, Draenor.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Eastern Kingdoms, 2004-2010. Unbeatable. (rip)

If you included vanilla hyjal which was inaccessible, Kalimdor comes a close second.

Kalimdor 4.0 > EK 4.0 > Outland > Draenor > Northrend > Gas Leak 5.0

but TBC had the best consistency of immersion without breaks.
    Perhaps in 2.0 this would've been true, but more truthfully, classic (pre-shattering continents) aged far far better than outland did. If you're include the 2.0 starting zones, Quel'thalas and azuremyst/bloodmyst are perfect examples of what doesn't age well. I would've rather they did northrend first, then TBC afterwards for this reason.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2014-12-25 at 09:18 AM.

Australia i think

Outland always has been. Use to really love eastern kingdoms too before the cataclysm.

favorite zone of all time still is Nagrand. A shame because that part of the game can be blown though quick by spamming dungeons that being said its still fun the TBC 5 mans rocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorit continent: Outland
    Worst continent: Northrend

Just like virtually all polls show..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Outland.

I like equal amounts of zones in EM/Kalimdor, was not too fond of Northrend, like Pandaria okay.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Northrend, with Pandaria a close second.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria.

/10char

Northrend.

When is Wrath of the Lich King II coming out Blizzard?!
    Me must free Bolvar, our favourite vanilla hero. It would also be awesome for him and Anduin to meet up again

Eastern Kingdoms because it's where it all began, and is really the heart of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Outland is my favorite continent. Very atmospheric. Very immersive.

Every. single. zone. in Outland has a UNIQUE music & theme soundtrack that fits its zone like a glove. It compliments the artists. This was a time when you could tell Blizzard cared very, very, very much for every little detail. There are no remixes or copy & paste from Classic World of Warcraft, it was all brand new.
    [...]
    Wrath, Cata, Mop, and WoD all suffer from lack of immersion, night not equaling night, too much unnecessary comic relief, and too many zones with horrible accompanying soundtracks that don't fit or scream lazy. Ok that's enough for tonight, Merry Christmas everyone.
    Outland was the last continent (expansion) where they used the old-style "atmospheric" music instead of the more noticeable adventure ones they've introduced from Northrend and onward (although Northrend didn't suffer from it as much as Cata zones and Pandaria). That's why, even though, overall, I liked WotLK more than any other expansion, when it comes to continents alone I consider Outland serious competition. Even tough the soundtrack didn't really consist of actual songs (mostly), I can think of any Outland zone and instantly hear the themes in my head - that's the extent to which they integrated within and enhanced the playable world.

Beyond that, I tend to prefer Northrend due to its hugeness and to the numerous empty zones that made it feel like an actual continent, not like a themepark with cardboard walls (I'm looking at you, MoP Horde shrine which doesn't fit into the very narrow mountain behind it...). The nordic theme is also a personal favorite, the only thing coming close to challenging it being the Netherstorm environment.

Most disliked zone: Either Deepholm or Twilight Highlands. The first one had a soundtrack so loud and in one's face that it became annoying after 5 minutes spent there, and the second one was just... boring really, nothing exciting beyond the intro quest. Even the final quests felt like pointless grindy fillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Northrend by far, especially Howling Fjord and Storm Peaks.