Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Look at your comp. Think real hard. REAL hard. Listen to what you RL has designated for you to do. Then make a choice. Logic is being overridden by parses and analytics in this day and age and I think it has hurt raiding a great deal.
    Hah, very true. My perspective is a little off because I am the raid leader. So when I look at my more casual raid team that's heavy on people who are, well, let's be nice and call them non-optimized, and decide I really need to devote my full effort to bursting down Hands, it's a decision with weight to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sysTERROR View Post
    The adds WERE dying.

When you have as much cleave as we did...
    The thing is that I've tons of pulls this tier that had high cleave/pad mechanics where 2% boss wipes happened for hours. Plenty of cleave classes sit in the raid and pad. The boss damage isn't output fast enough, and even more 2% wipes happen. Sometimes cleaving Shadowburns ain't enough when adds live 1/5 the length of a raid with a perfectly balanced comp. A stacked melee comp will have packs of adds die fast; and anything with a small health pool will vanish. Doomfire Spirits are important to kill, but if you're burst classes (hunters/melee) are on it, its over with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Hah, very true. My perspective is a little off because I am the raid leader. So when I look at my more casual raid team that's heavy on people who are, well, let's be nice and call them non-optimized, and decide I really need to devote my full effort to bursting down Hands, it's a decision with weight to it.

And that's good to do with the comp you got; and not bad at all. Work with what Sargeras gave you. Shake your ass in the fashion that fits the situation.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it feasible with trinket and 4P to be able to roll through the entire instance as demo/destro? Aff's playstyle has been bad since WoD launched, and I feel the trinket actually makes it worse in multi-target situations. Also, the closer stat weights make gearing in general a fair bit easier.

Basically thinking destro every encounter except kormrok, council and xhul'horac.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Is it feasible with trinket and 4P to be able to roll through the entire instance as demo/destro? Aff's playstyle has been bad since WoD launched, and I feel the trinket actually makes it worse in multi-target situations. Also, the closer stat weights make gearing in general a fair bit easier.

Basically thinking destro every encounter except kormrok, council and xhul'horac.
    I'm not a fan of Demo at all, but I personally did like the Demonbolt style. Now that is a thing again, I tried it out today and was pulling some decent numbers, not to mention holy hell balls on demons spawning/imps with 4pc tier 18 and class trinket on.

I dropped affliction for it.

Deleted

Trinket doesnt really make it bad in multitarget, but the dependency to DS channeling does, which is especially bad cosindering 4p t18. If there were a council fight where everything had to die at the same time (kinda like protectors in soo) then aff with trinket and all offsets would do prolly better than aff with 4p but no classtrinket

Demo is perfectly viable in several encounters in HFC from the most obvious Kormrok to council and also velari even if its quite susceptible to fight lenghts, especially with velari when the last DB cycle is crucial. Now if only that damn DB wouldnt be so crit dependant..
    Last edited by mmoca338328b01; 2015-07-19 at 01:27 AM.

This may come off as a noobish question, but I am still new to Destruction and Warlocks in general

For someone without Archimonde trinket or any T17-18 bonuses, is it still good to go CR/Grimoire of Sacrifice or should I go Demonic Service/Grimoire of Service until I get tier/trinket?
    Last edited by Mylia; 2015-07-18 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sysTERROR View Post
    The adds WERE dying. Perhaps I just worded it wrong? Either way: The adds weren't a problem at all, on any pull. The fact I wasn't in the top 5 caused my RL to whisper me asking "Whats up" when the issue was we were wiping to not killing Archimonde.

With the amount of melee cleave we have as well as the fact we had 5 hunters in our heroic group, meant that cleave wasn't an issue, nor was Doomfires/Guards, or Infernals.

When you have as much cleave as we did, I said screw it and went affliction to shorten the kill timer and not make the fight a 10+ minute fight when in reality you can make it a 8 minute fight with less stress due to too many black holes/infernals. Some people just don't see the method to a particular players madness when you don't see purple on the top 5.
    If you're smart you can snipe the adds for extra Shards and boss damage anyway. It does depend on your composition and what others are doing of course, but I found Aff to be mostly fine, of course there are some fights you pretty much have to switch to Destruction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mylia View Post
    This may come off as a noobish question, but I am still new to Destruction and Warlocks in general

For someone without Archimonde trinket or any T17-18 bonuses, is it still good to go CR/Grimoire of Sacrifice or should I go Demonic Service/Grimoire of Service until I get tier/trinket?
    Sac complements Havoc really well, and as that's where a lot of Destructions strength lies this tier, I'd recommend using it for that reason alone. Once you get the 2piece you'll find that's a huge improvement for CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylia View Post

CR spec will only serve you well with 4p T17 and Goren Soul Repository from Oregorger. Without them you'll see better results with Serv/Serv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    CR spec will only serve you well with 4p T17 and Goren Soul Repository from Oregorger. Without them you'll see better results with Serv/Serv.
    To be honest with you, it's about time we put this rumor to rest... CR is just fine without either of those and I do think it is better to get accustomed to what you will be doing in the end, rather than go through Serv/Serv snore-fest just to have to relearn everything later.

I'm not even talking about the fact that you can have stage 4 Pouch for as little as 10k nowadays, which is for all intents and purposes already very nice GSR for the poor option and if you are a bit wealthier you can bring it to Stage 6 which is at the very least as good as Mythic GSR.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-07-18 at 09:43 PM.

yeah i totally agree with ya . theres no difference in that aspect

Assuming if you don't care about parsing, there's no reason you couldn't do the entire instance as destro.

Deleted
    Whatever else...can MMO Champ kindly get rid of the damn browser killing script that has infested the forums again? Crash, reload, grind, crash, reload, grind, this page has stopped responding due to a long-running script.....

In ref to the above, the T17 4-piece is massive fun for destruction, nothing beats that volley of Chaos Bolts.

The T18 is horribly dull n comparison

The T17 and T18 aff bonuses are at least equally boring lol
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2015-07-21 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    So sac patchwerkish fights and sup for the rest?

Going to close this since 6.2 has been out for about a month now and even though the discussion is still on topic it's time to shift the discussion back over to the stickies, etc.

Aff (Not fully up to date but can carry the discussion still): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide
    Demo (Should be all up to date): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide
    Destro (To be updated after MW ends the reign of Archimonde): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

As always if you need specific help with DPS visit the FIX MY DPS thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...EAD-FIRST-POST

Lastly with the newest hotfixes being fairly relevant still you can join the discussion here as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-20th-Hotfixes