Thread: Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 1

If you feel this needs to be posted in the GW 2 subforum then please move it.

I was listening to the GW 1 soundtrack and I got a bit nostalgic. I played the original GW Factions back in the day before i started WoW and i really did enjoy it a lot.
    I'm thinking of buying the complete pack and start playing again for the storyline. Is it still worth it? I remeber the original game had quite the decent story and i'm wondering if the expansions are the same.
    Are there any people left playing it? Is it still functional? IS it still enjoyable to this day?
    How long to complete the storyline?
    I bought GW 2 and I kind of liked it but didn't drew me in as much as GW 1 did back then.

Let me know what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    If you feel this needs to be posted in the GW 2 subforum then please move it.

I was listening to the GW 1 soundtrack and I got a bit nostalgic. I played the original GW Factions back in the day before i started WoW and i really did enjoy it a lot.
    I'm thinking of buying the complete pack and start playing again for the storyline. Is it still worth it? I remeber the original game had quite the decent story and i'm wondering if the expansions are the same.
    Are there any people left playing it? Is it still functional? IS it still enjoyable to this day?
    How long to complete the storyline?
    I bought GW 2 and I kind of liked it but didn't drew me in as much as GW 1 did back then.

Let me know what you think.
    The storyline is ok, its the game design thats borderline perfect. Truly enjoyable way to present an MMO. There's alot to do, but completing the storyline is relatively fast. Its still worth it imo. Theres still people playing it , just not sure how many.

As someone who has put way to many hours into GW1 I'd say its worth it, but be prepared for the jarring change in gameplay mechanics than what you are used to. The movement and combat systems are a little weird.

The story is pretty good, the gameplay is a little dated though. But there is tones to do in the game after the stories are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently started playing and soloing missions in GW1. It's fun and pretty challenging. GW1's story is much better than GW2, and I kind of prefer the combat system and the way health regen works. I think it's worth it to go back.

Well you guys convinced me. Going to buy it and install it this weekend!
    Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by axell; 2015-05-08 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Well you guys convinced me. Going to buy it and install it this weekend!
    Thanks for the help!
    Have fun !

Deleted
    I still log in at least once a year to collect birthday pets and play a bit.
    Might do that now, thanks for reminding me