Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it worth crafting a legendary with the expansion closing in?

Hi, title says it all. I'm considering crafting the Juggernaut legendary Hammer. But with the levelcap increase there will probably be new legendaries. Or is there any information about an upgrade for existing ones?

Deleted
    There will be no levelcap increase...there will be new legendaries yes, but they will be strong as the old ones.

Wow, then my information about a potential increase was more than outdated... Thanks for clarifying!

I would wait a little longer to see what the new legendary hammer looks like.

First off, the level cap is not increasing so the legendary now will be just as strong later. That said... Heres what you have to decide on:

Do you want to craft the legendary, spend a butt load of gold on the pre? and have it now? Or...

Do you want to wait till the scavenger hunt, and obtain the pre free of charge, and just take more time to obtain it?

I REALLY want incinerator, but sadly, I cant justify spending 1000 gold just to get the stupid precursor. So I am trying to hold out till HOT.

Aside from there not being a level increase Arenanet has also said legendaries/ascended gear will always be the top tier so there is no risk of it becoming obsolete.

So the real question here is do you definitely want one of the current ones or not? If you do you might as well start collecting everything you need aside from the precursor (it is a lot of stuff). The recipe for the current ones aren't changing so there is no risk if you are still working on it when the expansion comes out. As far as the precursor goes you can either buy it now from the TP, hope to get it out of a chest, hope to get it out of the mystic forge, or wait until the expansion hits to craft the precursor yourself. It's worth noting the precursor crafting will be part of the mastery system (meaning if you don't buy the expansion you can't do it) and will take a fair amount of time to do.

Then there is the question of the new legendaries which will be coming in the expansion. Right now we don't know what they will look like, how the precursors for them will be obtained, or what will be needed to make them. So there is literally no way to get started on them, and I'd say only wait for those if there isn't a current legendary you really want.

So basically if you want Juggernaut you aren't hurting anything if you start working on it right now. Personally I am currently working on the Warhorn

Personally I'm collecting mats I need for Zomorros; I'm waiting for the reveal of the new legendaries until I decide which one I'm going for.

I'm definitely happy that the new ones won't be tradeable as well as the themed acquisition of the precursor

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aside from there not being a level increase Arenanet has also said legendaries/ascended gear will always be the top tier so there is no risk of it becoming obsolete.
    That's what they said at the beginning, when they wanted to emphasize that there would be no gear grind in the game, and that your yellows that you spent IRL money on through the trading post would still be BIS, now and forever. Then they 180ed and added ascended to the game. They did it before, they can do it again.

You got a lot of time still.
    Its always worth doing unless you don't plan on playing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    That's what they said at the beginning, when they wanted to emphasize that there would be no gear grind in the game, and that your yellows that you spent IRL money on through the trading post would still be BIS, now and forever. Then they 180ed and added ascended to the game. They did it before, they can do it again.
    A) Exotics always existed
    B) A-Net caved to what people wanted, a "gear threadmill", still, ascended is not quite a huge deal in terms of stats, annoying? yeah, but at least its something you can craft or get dropped
    C) Legendaries always scale to max stat, same as ascended.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    ascended is not quite a huge deal in terms of stats, annoying? yeah, but at least its something you can craft or get dropped
    Furthermore they added a recipe recently: you can turn any ascended gear into another via exotic mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Furthermore they added a recipe recently: you can turn any ascended gear into another via exotic mats.
    How? :O

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    How? :O

/10char

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anthology_of_Heroes

1. Anthology of Heroes (10 Spirit Shards from Miyani)
    2. 5 Globs of Ectoplasm
    3. Exotic inscription or insignia of the stats you want
    4. The ascended item that you want to change the stats on

Since this creates a new item, you will lose any ugrades like runes or sigils.
    This recipe only works for armor and weapons, they have something else coming for trinkets.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anthology_of_Heroes

1. Anthology of Heroes (10 Spirit Shards from Miyani)
    2. 5 Globs of Ectoplasm
    3. Exotic inscription or insignia of the stats you want
    4. The ascended item that you want to change the stats on

Since this creates a new item, you will lose any ugrades like runes or sigils.
    This recipe only works for armor and weapons, they have something else coming for trinkets.
    That's awesome. Does it work with rings?

Only armor and weapons since trinkets and rings don't require crafting and expensive mats and are relatively easy to get.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No. But shortly after they released this there was a comment from Colin on reddit saying we should be saving our rings and some thing for them is coming really soonTM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    soonTM.
    Pro tip: Alt + 0153 = ™

It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

If you really like the juggernaut go for it I'd say. They have hinted that yes there will be new legendaries, but not all of them will be released immediately. It could be another year before the new hammer legendary becomes available, and who knows if you will even like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If you really like the juggernaut go for it I'd say. They have hinted that yes there will be new legendaries, but not all of them will be released immediately. It could be another year before the new hammer legendary becomes available, and who knows if you will even like it.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm on it. But having a hard time getting precursor and all the t6 mats, it will take a good while I guess...

If you already have a precursor then yes. It's worth it. If you don't have a precursor don't waste your time going after one. Do everything else for your legendary and wait for expansion. The expansion will let you get an account bound precursor from a collection. Precursors are very expensive and a royal pain to get so if you don't already have one, I'd wait.

They're adding new legendary weapons as well, so go ahead and do map exploration and grind out clovers and all the other stuff. As it's doubtful the method of obtaining the legendaries will change.