Thread: Sentry Turret

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sentry Turret

I saw 1 of the new level 100 hunter skills and it looks like we can have our own turret to shoot enemies.
    Gotta admit, that is hella cool!

What is your opinion on having your own turrent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

it seems super out of place
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

it doesn't suit hunter, imo.

hunters use their beasts, melee fighting, or they're snipers. none of those really use turrets. when i think turret, i think engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is heavily borrowing from D3/Heroes for LEgion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blizz is heavily borrowing from D3/Heroes for LEgion.
    Cross-promoting their IPs seems to be the new MO I distinctly remember a Legacy of the Void mission that very much reminded me of doing a Diablo 3 co-op dungeon run... with Heroes of the Storm characters.

We will be seeing a lot more of that...

10+ Year Old Account
    What is so wrong with a hunter using turrets? I think it sounds like a cool idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

So they basically took the hated Searing Totem from shamans and gave it to us as a talent. Cool.

i called this that they where gonna pull from diablo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it doesn't suit hunter, imo.

hunters use their beasts, melee fighting, or they're snipers. none of those really use turrets. when i think turret, i think engineer.
    Let's move away from Hunter for a bit. Archetype is Archer/Ranger, then you move down to more specific choices and Sentry Turret will fit more than one. Although I agree it should be MM talent. Well, they already said that some of these were cut anyway, guess some were moved as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    So they basically took the hated Searing Totem from shamans and gave it to us as a talent. Cool.
    Searing Totem was hated because it had to be kept up all the time for small gain and didn't move around, this one is a talent cooldown, you either take it or not, delaying it by few seconds won't hurt so much as well. Much better way of delivering it. Also it's cool that melee specs get a few ways of hitting from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Let's move away from Hunter for a bit. Archetype is Archer/Ranger, then you move down to more specific choices and Sentry Turret will fit more than one. Although I agree it should be MM talent. Well, they already said that some of these were cut anyway, guess some were moved as well.
    Okay but there's a common theme across Hunters - Beasts. Pulling a flaming turret out your arse seems super out of place and non-fitting for a Hunter. It feels like a filler talent.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Okay but there's a common theme across Hunters - Beasts. Pulling a flaming turret out your arse seems super out of place and non-fitting for a Hunter. It feels like a filler talent.
    As I said, let's move away from a Hunter to its archetype. Even now the class could be renamed to Ranger, not to mention common theme across hunters is hunting, not taming.

actually... rethinking this a bit, this could be really really fucking cool.

beast master with this talent + http://beta.wowhead.com/item=134125/...nization-fluid + the titan gun artifact = a pseudo-engineer.

this is really cool. i might go gnome if i can do this, tbh.

Even before Legion, SV was about being the clever woodsman, using traps, poisons, explosives, and tricks in general. I don't see a problem with a turret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm not loving that particular aspect. In essence it is simply a searing totem = as lame as it gets.

The rest of the talents seem amazing for surv tho. But would like serpent sting baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    beast master with this talent + http://beta.wowhead.com/item=134125/...nization-fluid + the titan gun artifact = a pseudo-engineer.
    Hate to disappoint, sir, but it's a Survival Talent. BM can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Hate to disappoint, sir, but it's a Survival Talent. BM can't take it.
    Yeah, great time to make SV Hunters melee when Blizzard finally starts giving them engineering-style abilities. SV Hunters also get Sticky Grenades, Caltrops, and Nets. Too bad they can't use guns! It would be the perfect fantasy with Gnome hunters and mecha pets.

Maybe they'll let us get Wrenchcalibur?

Well I tend to make all my hunters BM cause I'm lazy buuut a gnome Surv hunter is likely on the horizon for me

while a sentry turret seems cool it feels more like a tinker ability than anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Think of it more as a trap. Then it fits perfectly.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    Yeah, great time to make SV Hunters melee when Blizzard finally starts giving them engineering-style abilities. SV Hunters also get Sticky Grenades, Caltrops, and Nets. Too bad they can't use guns! It would be the perfect fantasy with Gnome hunters and mecha pets.

Maybe they'll let us get Wrenchcalibur?
    Survival has only a couple of "engineering-style" abilities at most, and they generally fit the spec with the exception of Sentry Turret. And even then, it's cool enough to make an exception. Regardless, Survival is far from the "engineering Hunter" you and others are making it out to be. Seems a bit disingenuous.