Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Congratulations, Anakso! It's nice to see a serial killer win for a change!

Thanks for running the game Monkz & Arlee! It was pretty fun and you ran it very well in my opinion! In regards to feedback, my biggest pet peeve is with some of the players rather than the game's set up.

I won't name any names but...seriously guys, if you're going to be barely present for multiple games in a row maybe it's a good idea not to sign up, or at least try to avoid killing off the bulk of active players? I'm really, really not liking how serial lurkers consistently survive into the mid/late game whilst those who are consistently active generally get offed early.

It should be the other way around. So I feel like we need to figure out ways to encourage that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, that was stressful! Been SK a few times but this is the first time I've won. I think the only big mistake I made this game was thinking mafia were dead when Pala was still around, fortunately I had pegged him as likely mafia earlier so figured if I could push a lynch on anyone for seeming like mafia it'd be him and he turned out to actually be mafia.

Dupti! I killed you for a joke apparently. You randomly for no reason correctly guessed who I had killed on N1 and asked me about it, freaked me out so I had to kill you just in case you were something which as it turned out you were in the end just not something that could have seen me kill.

Graeham from the dead thread: "...also keeping Anakso alive means there's barely any k-pop discussion in the dead thread. ;D" Well I just won as an SK so I don't imagine I'll remain alive for long in the next game. Look forward to that! Also it was more to do with both me and Listo being alive, so only Pistol was there all alone. Poor pistol

and before I read the dead thread properly, barely? so there was some?

As for the game Monkz, personally I think it was mostly balanced. Only thing that did kind of go bad for balance was VTs having a secret making it difficult for scum to fake claim early on and easy to screw up. Things turned out bad for town because their TPRs got decimated fairly early while VTs got left alive. Town should have had their own NK too but he got killed. By the way Robo I killed you because I thought you hinted at being a TPR but tbh I wasn't sure so sorry if you weren't but it felt like something to go on and it worked.

Also there was no cross killing, since town kept making them selves such optimal targets.

Oh I see Anakso. Anyway well played, not often a SK wins!
    Thanks for the game Monkz!

Deleted
    Good Game anakso - A well deserved win

I had fun play the games. Thanks Monkz

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I won't name any names but...seriously guys, if you're going to be barely present for multiple games in a row maybe it's a good idea not to sign up, or at least try to avoid killing off the bulk of active players? I'm really, really not liking how serial lurkers consistently survive into the mid/late game whilst those who are consistently active generally get offed early.
    Hard to do on this forum. If you try to kill lurkers the first day or two, everyone just goes "WELL GIVE THEM A CHANCE GEEZE"
    If you try to lynch them mid game people just say "OH LOOKING FOR THE EASY LYNCH ARE YOU?"
    If you try to lynch them late game it's too late, it's already late game.

Scum obviously won't kill inactive players, killing people who are active is their best strategy to reduce the amount of discussion that might expose them. While I routinely target the bottom of the post count list as scum, unless I have a solid reason not to, you can't expect everyone to play like that, it is illogical.

Also from a spectator standpoint, it's absolutely hilarious to watch town lose after lynching mafia on day 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

Also didn't help that the nights played out perfectly to hide the SK as long as possible. That doesn't usually happen.

Lack of faction specific kill signatures, and a character that would fit as an SK to Santa vs Satan setup helped killer to hide too.
    Game had a very small error margin for town with only one misslynch allowed, but that has to do in some way with vigilante dying early and SK living long.
    After looking at some of QTs I find it hilarious that night 1 mafia roleblocked vigi that would have killed cop otherwise.

Congrats to the winner. Not an easy job to win as SK.

I'm sad I got lynched figured I would nobody likes me lol. I legit was busy irl during this game so I couldn't constantly watch the thread. Oh well hopefuly next game will be better for me xD. Anakso I honestly figured you were SK but I couldn't shift the momentum away from me at all. I couldn't build myself a decent case to stay alive I had to leave yesterday after I made that post which I needed Satsu and listo to respond. And they responded while I was gone and killed me xD. Also, yes i've played before but the games dynamic changes so much when you have this much time. I've only ever played the arcade Mafia in Starcraft and Town of Salem.

Just read Satsu's QT lol i've gone by Mythbender before xD

OMG ANAKSO YOUR WHOLE END GAME PLAN WAS RIDING ON ME. /cry

Good job Anakso.
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-01-06 at 08:16 PM.

Awkward that myth had a bpv lol. Could have screwed up end game for either scum.

Well played anakso. Town did really well too. Gg lelly investigating mostly scum.

Strange circumstances meant scum knew we had an sk from day 1 but town didn't know until last two days. Crazy.
    Also i thought the game was well balanced. Town got very unlucky losing tprs early but made up that luck when scum had to give up two members.

By way of feedback the way town roles were designed made fake claiming a bit of a mine field. The information was basically out by the time i died.. i just did a lazy/poor claim. So it's no excuse for me. But for earlier scum there wasn't much hope of a successful fake claim.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized i completely forgot we had popped anas bpv ~_~

Next Christmas remind me how much my brain switches off when I'm not at work.

By the way town DEFINITELY should have no lynched last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Note to self: Always go with gut. Ana more or less knows everything that went through my head last day due to AMC/KKT. Ana even said he would have killed Satsu had we no lynched. I just had no clue if I could convince myth to vote ana.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if my gut told me Ana was the SK cause night ended that early... And that the name was a little iffy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Ana!!!

That game could have gone a lot differently.

I had both the vigilante and Mafia trying to kill me from Day1!!

I think if we could have managed one more day phase with Graeham alive (which would have pushed my death back one), we would have been fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Congrats Ana!!!

That game could have gone a lot differently.

I had both the vigilante and Mafia trying to kill me from Day1!!

I think if we could have managed one more day phase with Graeham alive (which would have pushed my death back one), we would have been fine.
    Hey I'm the one who kept you alive one day longer thanks to my jail... I think. If I jailed Ana you would have died and Virothe would have lived instead.

Deleted
    Ive said it once and Ive said it 1000 times sensei

A 'No Lynch' would have been a valid option, yeah. Sadly people seem to shy away from them despite how tactical they can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, why did everyone think I was Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Cause you're all about that Christmas joy? Kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    By way of feedback the way town roles were designed made fake claiming a bit of a mine field. The information was basically out by the time i died.. i just did a lazy/poor claim. So it's no excuse for me. But for earlier scum there wasn't much hope of a successful fake claim.
    I have to agree that fake claiming VT was hard to pull for scum in this. However mafia rarely fake claims VT. Fake claiming TPR was easier as their secrets were different from those VTs had, and VT wouldn't know if you are telling the truth. But with 4 TPR either dead or outed by the end of day 3 there was not too much room to manoeuvre. I mean how much TPRs can there be.

Hard to do on this forum. If you try to kill lurkers the first day or two, everyone just goes "WELL GIVE THEM A CHANCE GEEZE"
    If you try to lynch them mid game people just say "OH LOOKING FOR THE EASY LYNCH ARE YOU?"
    If you try to lynch them late game it's too late, it's already late game.
    "But lynching a lurker gives us no information" is the most common counter agrument to lynching lurkers here.

If I was lynched for lurking insted of Lora on day 2 that could give mafia an edge in this game. Catta and Decagon said I was a bad lynch though :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in my eyes, you're almost acceptable, Satsu. I say that knowing you were the lowest surviving poster. You do a pretty good job of being sufficiently active late game, which I guess is when it matters the most for town to be active, but I do really think you should work on maybe posting a little more before the final few Days.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by SatsuBL View Post
    If I was lynched for lurking insted of Lora on day 2 that could give mafia an edge in this game. Catta and Decagon said I was a bad lynch though :>
    You were a bad lynch cuz you were fairly obviously VT.

The problem is that we know that cuz we're scum and that you aren't us - the others dont know that.

Anyway - it seemed fairly balanced even for the mafia team. The fault in the mafia team was purely human.