Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

A thought on LFR

So, in LFR it seems that you can pretty much do whatever you want, not follow mechanics, even afk and easily still down the boss (maybe with the exception of archi). In my opinion this is not at all in the spirit of raiding, and greatly dilutes the game. Raiding should be about sitting down, and seriously discussing a strategy and using teamwork to defeat the encounter. I understand that LFR was meant to grant easier accessibility to casual players, but frankly all it has done has made a toxic environment where laziness and lack of attention are rewarded. This is not at all what raiding should be. I think that something like what normal difficulty is can act as a good setting for casual players but also still require attention and effort.

Oh, this thread. Surely never been done before.

tl,dr - LFR is a byproduct of Blizzard catering to the lowest common denominator. 95%+ of the people who play this game never venture on these forums, nor do they do anything more complicated than maybe a lower HFC Normal raid. Using the echo chamber of the people who post on these forums may give you an impression otherwise, but LFR exists for a very specific reason and is unlikely to be going anywhere any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm ok doing lfr on my alts where I press two MAYBE three buttons and pull acceptable lfr dps and still down bosses. Easy legendary catchup.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is just a rehash of a topic that has been done to death. No new ideas, and no suggestions on how to fix the problem. Stop making these threads.

Deleted
    Your mistake is that you assume LFR is raiding

Deleted
    I dont think LFR is really a problem. Most pve players know its not really raiding ans still pug normal or heroic. The group that really like LFR due to time limits or just preference is not likely to join your raid group anyway.

The only thing I dislike is when players that raid normal or higher are pushed into LFR to get valor or augment runes. I think blizz made a good decision in 6.2 to make LFR gear so shit PVP, tanaan and mythic dungeons are all much better ways to ear up.

Yawn.

There's proper raiding in the game, you know. And now off with you, go do something useful with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    The only thing I dislike is when players that raid normal or higher are pushed into LFR to get valor or augment runes. I think blizz made a good decision in 6.2 to make LFR gear so shit PVP, tanaan and mythic dungeons are all much better ways to ear up.
    Who do you think carrying lfr bads ? the HC/Mythic Player farming Runes and Valor. Blizz pushed Raider into it, same as for Mythic Dungeons taz the reason why they remove Valor from HC/Mythic Raids in order 2 push Raider into thier shity content for carry. the real lfr player wouldnt get shit done with 15k dps. "Hey do you want 2 upgrade your new shiny Mythic Item ? 2 bad you better carry some guys through Daylie HC/LFR or Mythic Dungeons Trollface.jpg"

Quote Originally Posted by Unar View Post
    So, in LFR it seems that you can pretty much do whatever you want, not follow mechanics, even afk and easily still down the boss (maybe with the exception of archi). In my opinion this is not at all in the spirit of raiding, and greatly dilutes the game. Raiding should be about sitting down, and seriously discussing a strategy and using teamwork to defeat the encounter. I understand that LFR was meant to grant easier accessibility to casual players, but frankly all it has done has made a toxic environment where laziness and lack of attention are rewarded. This is not at all what raiding should be. I think that something like what normal difficulty is can act as a good setting for casual players but also still require attention and effort.
    congratulation you completed easy mode now i guess you gonan complain about other tens of thousands of games which offer easy mode too yes ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Who do you think carrying lfr bads ? the HC/Mythic Player farming Runes and Valor. Blizz pushed Raider into it, same as for Mythic Dungeons taz the reason why they remove Valor from HC/Mythic Raids in order 2 push Raider into thier shity content for carry. the real lfr player wouldnt get shit done with 15k dps. "Hey do you want 2 upgrade your new shiny Mythic Item ? 2 bad you better carry some guys through Daylie HC/LFR or Mythic Dungeons Trollface.jpg"
    if you feel any need to farm runes or valor at this point then im sorry to break it to you but you are very badp layer yourself - runes are for around 300 gold for stack on ah garrison generates 1000 + gold a day + you should have compelted rep grind long time ago to have unlimited rune + you shoudl have fully upgraded gear and ring by now - if you dont have dont have fun of bad players as you are one yourself

Op, you're talking about WoD LFR. MoP LFR required people to follow mechanics, at least ToT and SoO.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    And that is exactly why instead of playing with rocks in LFR you go and do mythic dungeons with a guild group taking about ~20 min a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    LFR exists for a very specific reason and is unlikely to be going anywhere any time soon.
    I'm willing to bet that people who only do LFR for those reasons would be much happier with content designed specifically for them, and not an adaptation of raid content thrown at them like "here you go, you get to see the content too!"

Forcing non-raiders to do raid content, no matter how bastardized, just to "see the content" is just.. so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you feel any need to farm runes or valor at this point then im sorry to break it to you but you are very badp layer yourself - runes are for around 300 gold for stack on ah garrison generates 1000 + gold a day + you should have compelted rep grind long time ago to have unlimited rune + you shoudl have fully upgraded gear and ring by now - if you dont have dont have fun of bad players as you are one yourself
    You can go around and call players bad all you want (which you repeatedly do in these forums), but for example, with the introduction of Crystallized Fel through Valor a lot of people have the incentive to gather valor in order to upgrade their off-spec rings (I for example occasionally run tank/healer to cover for people missing raids, while being a DPS primarily). Sure, I personally, don't bother as I've cleared the content for quite some time now and don't want to devote that time (I barely do dungeons/weekly quest, let alone LFR), but people wanting to also maximize their OS is not unheard of. Or, you know, alts (although that's kind of a lesser point for me).

Also being a bad player is mostly subjective. Sure a player in a top 1k ranked guild that's now progressing Archimonde and needs all the help he can get (even in the form of OS, given that Archimonde is typically 3-healed and thus a healer playing his OS is not that uncommon) might be bad compared to me, my guild or people in even higher-ranked guilds (for which I might also be considered a bad player), but he's not bad for a guy that's raiding at heroic/early-mythic level at the moment.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-01-21 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    congratulation you completed easy mode now i guess you gonan complain about other tens of thousands of games which offer easy mode too yes ?

- - - Updated - - -

post me your loggs pls so ican /spit and /laugh at you casual if you call out 13/13 Mythic raider from a server frist guild as bad, you must be some special kind of retard i wish i could buy Valor with gold cuz i have 3 caps. but casus like you are .... na i wont insult you just ignoring your pressence

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-01-22 at 08:04 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, LFR at this point is to give people something to do on an alt when they cannot stand anymore hanging out in the garrison. I run lfr on probably 4-6 of my characters each week. Doing rings rather then run heroics dungeons that seem to have no purpose beyond the first 2-3 weeks.

Deleted
    LFR isn't raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    LFR isn't raiding.
    Can that be translated that random bg's are not pvp?

Deleted
    post me your loggs pls so ican /spit and /laugh at you casual if you call out 13/13 Mythic raider from a server frist guild as bad, you must be some special kind of retard i wish i could buy Valor with gold cuz i have 3 caps. but casus like you are .... na i wont insult you just ignoring your pressence

Infracted;
    "mythic raiders are not toxic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who do LFR don't care about raiding, don't care about teamwork. They either do it to get epics or finish legendary quest or just to see the raid, see how it looks etc. Or maybe just to have fun, I myself think lfr is boring as hell but that is my opinion. They are not after being a team, working together to achive one goal.

>2016
    >still considers LFR as raiding