Horde discussions about mmos in general and what you want out of them

I want an mmo with a full loot skill based open world 3D interactive with full options. I want D.O. style gameplay but with a little more restrictions on the griefing and killing. I don't want an all out kill fest I just want there to be an option to kill someone and take their stuff because they wronged you or they have something you want.
    I want a really big focus on risk vs reward in mmos nowadays there is no risk you die you respawn you try again. If there was something to lose you would need more strategy and more help to actually accomplish goals in the game.
    I was rooting for the game revival but it got canceled 3 months ago, I was devastated that was describing my dream game. The game from the anime S.A.O. 2 Gun Gale Online would also be along the lines of what I want, though it would be guns instead of magic and swords. The way you do combat isn't the issue it is that skill gap between players and tactics needed to bring down other enemies, such as ambushes support from a medic and a buffer/debuffer ect... ect... This is the game I want and if I have to make it happen myself I will I will literally devote my life to it thank you for reading this and this is what I truly want from a game.
    Last edited by lordhakaru; 2016-07-16 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Bad grammar

Fair enough I will try my hardest in the future to accommodate you with my attempts at better grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want an MMO in which you actually live in open world and interact with players you meet, rather than rush for virtual rewards. Sadly, short of Ultima Online, I haven't seen such games, and Ultima Online is extremely outdated and infested by PKs ruining the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I want rewards that take time to grind and cant be bought fast. I was exclusive stuff for people to be the first to do shit. I want hard and challenging content that lasts months and not weeks or days. I dont want rules catering to casuals or slobbering idiots. If someone is to stupid to figure out the basics then they either struggle untill someone shows them or they learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Fun.
    /10charx10

I want a B2P game supported with cosmetic microtransactions that puts more control in the hands of the players. I want the option to have player-run servers where the game rules can be customized as they want, linked to official servers, with player-created content available unrestricted on player-run servers and able to be vetted for addition to the official ones. This way, if people want to make their game ultra-hard and tough to advance in, they can dial it up and attract others of the same mindset without ruining the more casual experience different players may want, or even enable solo/small-group exclusive servers where you play only with the people you allow to play with you.

An MMO based on rogue-like principles would be pretty awesome. An MMO where you aren't supposed to play just one character to the cap, but the experience is based on continuously playing through the leveling experience - little to no actual end-game, but a dynamic, replayable leveling experience. Worlds that persist anywhere from a week to a month to a year (perhaps based on the server you play on, different servers having different XP modifiers) - exploring similar but different worlds each time you play. The ultimate procedurally-generated / radiant quest game.

That, to me, would be the next great leap forward. No more strategy guides telling you where to go and what to do to optimize your leveling experience, no more mining routes, new procedurally generated instanced dungeons to experience in every world so there's always that feeling of fresh progression, so on and so forth. Eventually you would learn the ins-and-outs of the system, a set of general tactics to carry forward as you played each new world, what to look for in procedurally generated quest hubs to determine which leveling path you want to follow in each new world, but there'd always be some degree of freshness there.

(Probably obvious to tell this is not the first time I've thought about such a thing. I feel like MMOs are going in the absolutely wrong direction trying to be WoW-simulators rather than recapturing that magic of when you first rolled a character and explored a new world. Nowadays the leveling experience is tacked on and the end-game is the game rather than the reverse.)
    Last edited by TheMediator; 2016-07-16 at 02:30 PM.