Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post
    I killed mythic Nythendra this week as BM, top damage in the raid (22 traits, no Titan's Thunder).

Guess I'm bad... /shrug

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q4WAchzpbKCRkrZ8
    "

You did good. That's not the point, but all your guild mates were basically avarage if not bad. Sadly that won't make BM a better spec.

Bm is viable for mythic! Dono from "set sail for fail" completed 7/7 Mythic with his BM, he has great parses but yet he was outdpsed by his MM guild mates all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc6a0227c7f3; 2016-10-01 at 10:45 AM.

I killed mythic Nythendra this week as BM, top damage in the raid (22 traits, no Titan's Thunder).

Guess I'm bad... /shrug

doing well with a simplistic spec that takes no thinking, gj mate, you must be world class with those dire beast resets, i would like to you see dps in MoP where the spec was far harder to master.

btw say hi to MM, he would like to greet you BM hunters with this log:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by casperj; 2016-10-01 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by casperj View Post
    doing well with a simplistic spec that takes no thinking, gj mate, you must be world class with those dire beast resets, i would like to you see dps in MoP where the spec was far harder to master.

btw say hi to MM, he would like to greet you BM hunters with this log:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    like mm or most other dps are that complex

Deleted
    look at all the hate when a bm hunter is doing good salty mm hunters

271k DPS isn't really "good" in any meaningful way, since an MM Hunter doing his shit correctly will do at -least- 300k.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    271k DPS isn't really "good" in any meaningful way, since an MM Hunter doing his shit correctly will do at -least- 300k.
    Can't say your attitude is very good seeing as though your meant to be a "guide" for the hunter class.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a class hate a spec more than hunters. We should ban the word beastmastery since it upsets everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    Can't say your attitude is very good seeing as though your meant to be a "guide" for the hunter class.
    I am just being real, to be honest. A 271k DPS performance isn't "good", therefore to try to use it as some sort of argument for Beast Mastery being a good spec is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthorian View Post
    warcraftlogs.com, thats all i have to say to the bm hunters.

have a nice day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveydave View Post
    What "attitude", he was just stating stuff n' facts. There is absolutely no "muh, you suck" "meh, get off my lawn" or anything in that single sentence he wrote.

Guess I'm bad... /shrug

There's nothing really wrong with going BM all the way and doing your best. When you get to 26, especially, you'll be very competitive. There was an old argument that BM 13 traits or even 14 or 16 would be better than MM with 20+ traits in Mythic+. People attacking you or your logs are really just hitting you as collateral damage in an argument that no longer makes sense.

Still waiting on some logs for comparison.

"Still waiting for some logs that I can look at in private, where should I be proven wrong, no one will see it. Damn him for that public challenge!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    As I've said since way before the expansion hit, MM was going to wipe the floor with BM in Mythic+, especially the higher affixes, with any kind of competent hunter. I've been running with BM hunters in Mythic+ who have legendaries and better gear, and it hasn't even been a competition. They have to switch to MM if they want to compete. I've offered to run with others, given out my bnet handle, and I've had a few takers. I have never lost to a BM hunter, especially not on big trash packs. I have guaranteed MarkS procs on pull, and even if I don't, it comes up pretty frequently. Stampede is only reasonable burst if the entire pack stays at the center of the line pet pathing for the entire duration, and that's pretty rare, especially with large packs and how they jostle for position around the tank. The argument that BM 13 traits is any way equivalent, much less better, than MM 20 traits is based on sustained AoE sims (not in game performance), which as I've been saying for months is not the case in Mythic+.

SW/MarkS is way too much burst, and Barrage is just icing on the cake. If you go Crows, you're still going to beat BM hunters if they blow Stamp and you blow TS. Further, BM hunters have been pulling more shit with Stampede than I ever did with SW or Barrage, and it's usage means the tank cannot move adds for the duration (this is actually a problem with the Sanguine affix American servers have this week, if an add dies and drops a puddle during your Stampede call). Mostly because playing BM makes you pretty lazy at learning the instances before you go into Mythic+. This pervasive argument from people on this forum that "MM hunters are idiots" is just an extension of the "hunters are idiots" meme that has been around since Vanilla. If you're running with an idiot, it doesn't matter what spec or even what class he is playing. He's going to pull the whole damned room because he's an idiot. And if a MM hunter is telling you to move away from the drakes in HoV or away from the birds in Maw, then as a tank, listen and do your job because they're probably trying to help the group and not just make your job harder. That MM hunter is going to be worth his weight in gold in terms of dps, especially in add packs, if you can just learn how to use him well. And if you want to do Mythic 8-10, then you should understand the capabilities of your group.

MM forces you to completely learn the instance. If you played MM through heroic dungeons and initial mythic, you know exactly how SW works (which can be far worse than Barrage imo in Mythic+ settings) and how distance to target changes the path that SW takes (it makes a wider arc at farther distance, which is where people tend to mess this up). You should know which angles to pull each trash pack, if not at least a general understanding of how SW can pull. Further, MM actually has lots of ways for you to reduce your big 3 minute cd to make it more quickly available in Mythic+, while BM has no such thing for its big cd (Stampede). MM, you have up to 30s reduction on TS through artifact, and you have the legendary boots. Very soon, MM is going to see their TS reduced into the 1.5 minute range. Add in what we're supposedly going to have on our Nighthold tier sets (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=211331/...nship-2p-bonus), you're going to start seeing people with TS at less than 1 minute CDs. Sims were showing this at 55s with everything, though trusting the sims about tier bonuses right now is a fool's errand. Even if at just 1.5m or 2m, TS will be up more often in the instance at a 2:1 or 3:2 ratio.

If you want to run BM because you're scared to death of aggroing some birds on Maw, fine. Use that as your rationalization. But don't make it about damage. That is not bearing out and in staggered add sims, it literally never was true. And MM looks like it's going to be scaling upwards thanks to TS reductions. I use TS on CD in Mythic+. It's actually an extremely strong CD if you hold it for the last 20% of boss health because Bullseye amplifies the CD with more crit % (Rapid Killing in your artifact increases the crit damage while in TS). So, using it on add packs and having it come up for Bullseye, is actually very strong. Whereas with Stampede, it's fixed at 3m, and most hunters try to save it for boss with all of their other CDs, so they don't look like they are competing with the healer or tank on single target.

- - - Updated - - -

There are very few people going full BM artifact right now. Most are going for 28 MM and filling up the BM artifact as they go (13-18 range). I guess if you go full BM, you probably would be reasonably competitive in Mythic+, if that's all you're really wanting to do. But the argument I've seen on these forums has been that BM at even 13 traits beats MM in Mythic+, which is not something I've ever seen happen in the game.
    My Hunter is only 830 (It's an ALT. Will be higher once I unlock the third relic slot) and I can do anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 DPS on trash packs.. Depending on how large of a pull the tank does. What item level are you? Give me a few days to catch up to your item level and I would like to accept your challenge of if BM can beat MM.

Private message me.

Deleted
    I just hope that you two understand this whole hate each other thing is probably getting dragged out and boring. Focus on contributing to the hunter community as you already are, instead of this every 3rd post. Just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Still waiting for some logs that I can look at in private, where should I be proven wrong, no one will see it. Damn him for that public challenge!"
    Who said anything about private? o.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    My Hunter is only 830 (It's an ALT. Will be higher once I unlock the third relic slot) and I can do anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 DPS on trash packs.. Depending on how large of a pull the tank does. What item level are you? Give me a few days to catch up to your item level and I would like to accept your challenge of if BM can beat MM.

Private message me.
    If you really think that those low numbers mean anything then you haven't been to any M+ dungeons with a decent group.

In my opionion and from what I have seen in M+ a lot of people are severely underestimating the burst AE for MM with TS up. I'm pretty sure that a BM is not able to catch up to it even in an ideal scenario - which you will not have in a lot of cases. Either because of affixes or dungeon mobs (like NL).
    And don't forget the focus dmg on specific targets you can deal with AS to whatever you need to kill fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthorian View Post

salty bm huntards getting upset and jealous that mm is out performing your spec by miles

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Who said anything about private? o.o
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...812650/latest/

Hammer away.
    This isn't me saying BM is better or even close but I seem to compete well with a spec I enjoy playing, what the issue?
    I'm going MM for mythic progression more than likely but at the end of the day if you aren't playing in a top 1% guild playing BM isn't going to be your raids reason you aren't killing things.
    Play what you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...812650/latest/

Hammer away.
    This isn't me saying BM is better or even close but I seem to compete well with a spec I enjoy playing, what the issue?
    Why do you *think* it's an issue? No ones stopping you from doing anything, but when people ask whether BM is better than MM or equally strong, then the answer is no. MM is better.