Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I go medium well is for hamburger.

[QUOTE=Witchblade77;44033344
    problem with those options is that some people actualy have to eat vegan or gluten free. its not a "healthy" fad for them, its a necessity. that said... both vegan and gluten free options can be and are healthy...[/QUOTE]

Of course, and I respect allergies as much as possible.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Only time I go medium well is for hamburger.
    Medium well/well done works for a burger because you slather that thing in condiments, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc anyway.

But for a steak? If you are doing it well done you are doing it wrong. Period. End of discussion. This thread should have ended after page 1.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're saying you never suggested that then suggested the thing you said you never suggested. Fuck dude do you think at all before you post shit?
    You mean you don't know what a conspiracy is?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the thing you just described in the last post.
    Nope. No one conspired there. I described a common marketing practice, used EVERYWHERE. Christmas is Coca-cola. Complex toothpastes. Gillette razors. Engagement rings. Mouthwash. HD. 3D. VR. 4k.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You mean you don't know what a conspiracy is?
    Technically? An agreement between two or more people to carry out an illegal act.

Informally? Any damn thing you want it to be.

Listen to @Tinykong on this shit. I can sous vide a steak to a perfect 128F and give it to you mid-rare all the way through. Or I can take the extra step to sear it before serving. You'll notice the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

All those things suggest you cook steaks less to boost profits? I seriously have no idea what the fuck you're saying.
    Generally we'll cook steaks a little less than ordered. That's either the restaurants things, or a bad cook on grill station.

If anything, cooking something incorrectly is going to reduce profits in the long term.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The idea of a bloody joint of meat did exist in the 1950s," says food-science expert Dr Morgaine Gaye. "But those who preferred their joint bloody may have been perceived to be 'devil may care' types, who weren't confined to the traditional thinking of society at the time."

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned, but medium well IS pretty much a torched steak.
    see i think of dry, almost jerky like steak when i think torched. some people like that, torched, heavily salted and tons of A1.

medium well still has juice inside, just no pink
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    How is this thread still alive... everyone has different tastes. Some people love eating a cold pizza whereas I can't even imagine that (let alone eat it), yet it's their choice and I respect their choice (after all, it isn't my money). People shouldn't care if someone has their meat well done, what is it to you?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you wasting your time with people who hate on the way you eat your steak, OP?

Deleted
    Hate?

I live in the fucking U.K.

We slaughter every bit of meat we cook, I've ordered steaks blue before only to come out rare if that...

I feel like I get people waiting for madcow disease or something when I eat a steak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Because it's god damned sacrilege.

Only question I have for you: Do you put sauce on your steak? Because that is the most common thing that people do when they like well-done steaks/meat.
    Truth. My mother always cooked her beef well done. Whether it was due to her poor cooking skills, or horrible taste in food, im not certain. But the only way I could tolerate a charred piece of steak was with tons of Ketchup.

When I eat steak anywhere else, I get it medium rare, and maybe add a little salt or pepper if needed, but more than likely it isn't needed since there should already be some cooked in it from the start.

If I get a medium rare steak, I refuse to put sauce on it. It defeats the purpose of a correctly prepared and cooked steak.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I don't understand it. They're acting as if I've killed their family or something when I want my meat well done. Why is this?

I think it's far tastier to have it well done than if it it's medium like most people seem to want it.
    People are usually just like this when someone doesn't do as they do. I eat my meat well done and I honestly don't care what others say about it. For me personally it tastes better and I like the texture of the food more than chewing of a piece of half raw meat. I can't even eat medium cooked. I need it to be well done in order for me to eat it - but I also respect that others eat it differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...ats-fact-sheet

Checkmate, shoe leather enthusiasts.
    You can get cancer from ANYTHING today.
    Why is it so hard to just accept that some people don't like half raw meat?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the natural evolution of this thread is destined to be this...

Do Pineapples belong on Pizza?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think the natural evolution of this thread is destined to be this...

Heeeelllll no. I'll fight anyone that disagrees

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if said pizza comes with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill do Pineapples, but only thin sliced, and light in quantities. I don't like pineapple squares, or huge rings or it. But a little finely diced pineapple spread over the pizza with some ham or bacon is quite nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if said pizza comes with them
    Do you mean like actually cooked with them, rather than adding them after the pizza has been delivered or served?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Heeeelllll no. I'll fight anyone that disagrees
    En garde!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean like actually cooked with them, rather than adding them after the pizza has been delivered or served?
    Yep, modifying already complete pizza is sacrilege. Make your own pizza from scratch if you need to modify the ordered one or order "make your own" pizza one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, modifying already complete pizza is sacrilege. Make your own pizza from scratch if you need to modify the ordered one or order "make your own" pizza one.
    I absolutely agree. Only condiments afterward. Red pepper flakes, or Parmesan Cheese, that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh red pepper flakes and ranch dressing is divine with a meat lovers. I know some people that don't like ranch dressing though. Like, are they even of this earth?