Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    This thread will be closed because we stated our opinion on the matter just watch.
    Because it's against the rules to talk about moderation. It's not a hard concept.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will be closed because we stated our opinion on the matter just watch.
    Unrelated.

It will be closed because there are specific channels to do exactly what this thread is. In the rule thread, you get everything you need:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Feedback-FAQ
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Of course. Discussion of moderation is not allowed, PM a blue to be ignored yadda yadda copy and paste incoming.

I stopped posting in Off topic, its a one way ticket to getting banned. I know of two mods who I wont mention who seem to have a hard time separating their personal feelings from issues. And also they live on this site so thats unhealthy right there and tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Unrelated.

It will be closed because there are specific channels to do exactly what this thread is. In the rule thread, you get everything you need:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Feedback-FAQ
    Then where do you complain about how you have to complain? Complaining as you are meant to complain, would kind of ruin your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should relax the rules significantly. The only people who seem to get offended by anything are the mods.

Literally no one else cares. I have never seen one single person complain of offense taken or anything like that. Even the darkest, most controversial, most offensive stuff that gets posted (and locked/infracted/banned shortly thereafter) is almost exclusively met with jokes and mockery before going away.

All the rules do is prevent the discussion of pretty much every single thing in existence besides politics... That and protect the dainty mods.

These forums used to be a lot more active.

Gen off topic mods need some reevaluation. I recommend contacting curse directly since nothing is being done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Let's see an example from today, I saw GennGreymane had been banned. My curiosity got the better of me so I went and searched why, and his last violation seem to be here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...stop-being-fun
    Spam is against the rules, actually I was surprised he wasnt banned sooner, it's like he is asking for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Then where do you complain about how you have to complain? Complaining as you are meant to complain, would kind of ruin your point.
    You contact a mod. Then again, messages sent to off-topic blue mods are being evaluated by all blue mods. Sometime people post the same thing over and over again, which has already been closed through obvious infractions.

Otherwise, you can contact curse.com, which will probably do nothing, but hey, who knows?
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Gen off topic mods need some reevaluation. I recommend contacting curse directly since nothing is being done here.
    How much do you think Curse really cares about the moderation here?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You will never find a site that deals with politics that has moderators that don't eventually abuse their power to push their agenda.

and its true for both sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    You will never find a site that deals with politics that has moderators that don't eventually abuse their power to push their agenda.

and its true for both sides
    It's to be expected when you speak about something as subjective as this.

Likewise, gender topics were allowed for a while, until they invaded the forums, at which point they were added to the forbidden topics' list.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Spam is against the rules, actually I was surprised he wasnt banned sooner, it's like he is asking for it.
    I dont consider real news a spam. But anything abauth Trump this days is spam.

I suggest this.

For every trump post, we make a cute kitten tread. (with actual kitten news)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think they should relax the rules significantly. The only people who seem to get offended by anything are the mods.

Literally no one else cares. I have never seen one single person complain of offense taken or anything like that. Even the darkest, most controversial, most offensive stuff that gets posted (and locked/infracted/banned shortly thereafter) is almost exclusively met with jokes and mockery before going away.

All the rules do is prevent the discussion of pretty much every single thing in existence besides politics... That and protect the dainty mods.

These forums used to be a lot more active.
    I get what you're saying but I don't think it's really productive if people are insulting each other either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So if I went and found 50 news articles on random stuff and just chain posted, that'd be ok OP? It's ok to spam the forum if it's considered "news". Get real. Spamming is against the forum rules.

I'd assume this was a GenGreymane alt account, but to have that many posts on a second account, is just too sad of a prospect for me to accept. Even sadder tho I guess, the fanboy.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-02-10 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    How much do you think Curse really cares about the moderation here?
    Not sure, don't really care. Would rather take complaints to the people who own it though since the people here don't do anything. I'm sure just like any company enough complaints would result in something. Until then though they probably don't care at all.

That being said, off curse website for their 4 news websites they say
    Our sites help gamers Enjoy the Game even when they aren’t playing. Curse provides the highest-quality news coverage aimed to keep gamers at the top of their game. Our sites deliver the most in-depth, non-biased reporting of games, industry announcements, and major conventions.
    That leads me to believe their moderation is suppose to be professional and not show a biased nature. Could obviously be completely wrong. And since this applies to the site in general, I'm lead to believe that general off-topic would be no exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I get what you're saying but I don't think it's really productive if people are insulting each other either.
    I am not saying there should be no rules... Absolutely punish abuse, absolutely punish flaming, etc... But the rules, as they are now, go way beyond that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, of course. He just shit posts, but you... you're just a victim.
    Oh my bad did I offend you? I know you're also a huge fan of shit posting but at least you have some constructive responses every now and then. Who says I'm a victim? Do you think saying someone is hateful is infraction-worthy?

This thread is going to end in a lot more deserved infractions. You're complaining about moderation action publicly which is against the rules. If you have a problem, report it to a super-mod. Else, just learn to follow the rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    So if I went and found 50 news articles on random stuff and just chain posted, that'd be ok OP? It's ok to spam the forum if it's considered "news". Get real. Spamming is against the forum rules.

I'd assume this was a GenGreymane alt account, but to have that many posts on a second account, is just too sad of a prospect for me to accept. Even sadder tho I guess, the fanboy.
    I legit think all of the non-mods with 25k+ posts are just wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I dont consider real news a spam. But anything abauth Trump this days is spam.

I suggest this.

For every trump post, we make a cute kitten tread. (with actual kitten news)
    I'd consider 15 threads in a single day spam, no matter what the content is.
    And btw a lot of them werent even news, just useless shitposts.