How many bans before it's permanent?

I can't help noticing that some people frequently receive bans but are always allowed to return to troll the forum. Is there a set amount of bans someone can receive before it's a perma? Btw this isn't about moderating, it's about general site policy. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I can't help noticing that some people frequently receive bans but are always allowed to return to troll the forum. Is there a set amount of bans someone can receive before it's a perma? Btw this isn't about moderating, it's about general site policy. Thanks.
    i dont think there is a permanent ban. you simply get banned for a set period of time after you receive enough infractions and infractions last longer than the ban so if you get infracted alot you get banned alot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yes I've read that, and if you had you'd know it doesn't answer my question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think there is a permanent ban. you simply get banned for a set period of time after you receive enough infractions and infractions last longer than the ban so if you get infracted alot you get banned alot
    Really? Hmm. Surely there must be a point where someone is banned permanently for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paging @GennGreymane
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Really? Hmm. Surely there must be a point where someone is banned permanently for some reason.
    If a person accumulates enough serious infractions that don't expire, then yes. Only really happens to spam bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Paging @GennGreymane
    *teleports in*

Fuck if I know

*teleports out*

I know kidkilla and Vea Lea have stayed banned for at least 2 years so that might be as close to permabanning as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ban duration (including permanency) is based on the number of active infraction points on an account, not lifetime quantity of bans. Earning a permanent ban is fairly hard, as it requires high value (10+ point) infractions. This is to give people a chance to change and improve their behaviour, since we would just rather have better posters.

Each time one is rebanned with active infraction points, the ban duration increases. People who are habitually bad posters may have to work very hard to get a permanent ban, but they will find themselves banned for very long periods of time if they don't make an effort to avoid future infractions between bans.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |