Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I like disc but it's really just outpaced by holy.
    Really depends on the fight, healer setup and who is piloting it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Other healers can do more damage too, they just have to sacrifice globals to do so.
    So they cant do both? In case you didn't get the email "carl" that's kinda the whole fucking point of the spec lol

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's by far my favorite healing spec this expansion. I like being required to think ahead to maximize healing. It's a really satisfying feeling to get atonement on ~15+ people and make them essentially invincible for short burst window.

The only downsides are times where you have nothing to deal damage to (KJ intermission).
    I was under the impression from our Disc (we are currently on Mythic KJ) that if you hit KJ during intermission atonement counts before the 99% damage reduction giving full healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    I was under the impression from our Disc (we are currently on Mythic KJ) that if you hit KJ during intermission atonement counts before the 99% damage reduction giving full healing.
    Yarp, boss damage reductions or increases have zero effect on atonement output i.e you do the same healing on KJ intermission as you do on Maiden shield buff
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2017-09-11 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    The problem with KJ is that he is often wayyyy out of range while you're dealing with mechanics during intermission.

Deleted
    You're not solo healing the fight so that's fine.

In a mythic raiding scenario, if you factor in damage reduction holy isn't even remotely close to disc. And then you still get a considerable amount of dps on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, the trouble is more having him in range and there's too much going on to really get much uptime on him. I tend to just spot heal with SM but I could just be doing things horribly wrong during that phase.
    Edit: So pretty much what Asewo said.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2017-09-12 at 03:13 AM. Reason: abcdefg

Deleted
    That's one of the funny things about disc and KJ we are one of the only classes that should be allowed to run around after him and dps but seeing myself or from other classes perspective a priest chasing the boss and using his own mechanics against him ( i.e a pushback into range for penance ) is just great, plus you need to have above normal situational awareness to handle all the mechanics while also keeping range for dps based healing.

I've just started a disc priest from scratch to get the feel of it, currently level 102 and I am enjoying the gameplay.
    After previously having played holy as a Horde, I actually like the HPS/DPS combination.

I wish there were a more wider spell arsenal when it came to AoE damage as disc, even though you never really are in danger
    of dying.. You're like a bubble and killing stuff easily. But an Holy Nova wouldn't be a bad thing.

Can't wait to ding 110 \o/

Deleted
    Disc is a nightmare in mythic+, but decent in raids. But from personal experience, you can do Holy in both mythic+ and raids

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    But from personal experience, you can do Holy in both mythic+ and raids
    From personal experience, you can do Disc in both.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is a nightmare in mythic+, but decent in raids. But from personal experience, you can do Holy in both mythic+ and raids
    Disc is objectively better in M+....

Deleted
    Thats my experience too.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    Oh I didnt know that. I just read the Disc Guide on Focused Will and there was a stat priority with haste first. I was thinking that I need to stack haste then. So if you go with say 25% haste. What is with the other stats? Crit around 20% and the rest into mastery or what did you recommend?
    Mastery is the "special" stat, just like it is with the other healing specs. It's useless for DPS (world content), half-valuable for dungeons, and nearly valueless for PvP. It's value depends on how many atonements are out and how much damage-to-healing you can do while those atonements are active.

The other stats are much more stable across various content, with Versatility getting boosted in PvP.

In raids, haste's value declined with 7.2's introduction of a cooldown for Power Word: Radiance. Now that cooldown limits the number of current atonements, whereas before haste was the limiting factor.

Haste is still the only limiting factor for the number of atonement before burst.
    We can't change the number (or CD) of Radiance, we can't change the duration (or CD) of Evangelism but we can change the number of PwS/Plea during the ramp up phase with Haste.

Deleted
    Specced correctly and with good use of dominate mind, disc is way better than holy for M+ especially at high keys.

The difference being that they way you play disc in raids is totally different to the way you play it in M+, where as holy is pretty much the same so feels easier i would imagine so therefore better in your case.

Deleted
    It's not that different, you use one more spell and defensive Penances is all. There's still burst preparation and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Graharam View Post
    I've just started a disc priest from scratch to get the feel of it, currently level 102 and I am enjoying the gameplay.
    After previously having played holy as a Horde, I actually like the HPS/DPS combination.

I wish there were a more wider spell arsenal when it came to AoE damage as disc, even though you never really are in danger
    of dying.. You're like a bubble and killing stuff easily. But an Holy Nova wouldn't be a bad thing.

Can't wait to ding 110 \o/
    Update:

Way into level 110 and Argus, with an itemlevel at 911 and started doing ToS raiding.
    Feeling the gameplay to be really smooth, even though I can't compete with MW monks and Holy paladins when it comes to topping the HPS charts.
    Funny that I am not at the bottom at the DPS charts though in some encounters, I just guess people are lazy.

Had a bit of bad luck with my first legendary getting the chest with 1% increase in haste with each Plea, having T20 chest before that with another setpiece, but it helps me remember to put on atonement on the raid.

Overall, PvE worldcontent is easy that I can't die unless I masspull and I enjoy the raiding and m+ sofar.

What I have to work on is applying Atonement at the key moments and having saved up Light's Wrath to spike my healing at critical stages of some fights.