View Poll Results: What is the most you spent on shoes?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Less than $50 USD

27 24.55%
  • $100 - $200 USD

66 60.00%
  • $200- $400 USD

12 10.91%
  • $400 or more USD

5 4.55%

Thread: Shoes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    Will spend upwards of $140 on legitimate running shoes, but that's to prevent foot, leg, and knee pain/damage while running. Won't spend more than $60 on anything I wear for walking around or for fashion purposes. Seems like a waste since you eyes rarely go to the feet for men.
    Believe it or not but shoes are the first thing a woman notices.

Four years ago I found my way to 20€ Nike shoes from China. I don't know if they're were fake or real brand shoes with an irrelevant production defect, but I've worn them all these years and they've taken good care of my feet. That's why I don't feel like investing much on new shoes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The poll is missing what is probably one of the most common price ranges for brand-name athletic shoes, at least in the U.S. Where is the $50-$100 option?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I spend 65 USD on a pair of shoes once, I can't say that I thought they were any better than the shoes I've spent $15 on.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

100-200 though I live in Romania so that means more than in the West.

That's about as high as I am willing to go, there's no good reason to go over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear boots so they get pricey. First pair was around 250 and my recent pair was 200~

My work ones cost like $150, but my company pays for 100 of that. Need good ones if you are on your feet most of the time. My causal ones cost like 100 or so. That is all in Canadian so what ever the conversion is I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caralhoPT View Post
    Believe it or not but shoes are the first thing a woman notices.
    Meh. I don't particularily care about someone's shoes; at most if they really don't go with the rest of the outfit and/or look super bad - but I suspect it might be the case for some.

Also, I forgot that I bought a pair of ~400€ boots about eight years or so ago. But they were custom-made, so that obviously increases the price by quite a bit.

i had a pair of air jordan's in middle school so about $125 dollars in the 90s... my mom bought me them, i felt terrible about begging for them cause, i really didn't fit the jordan shoe type, i was a skinny nerd in those days

that's the last time i will ever own a pair of jordans, or own anything related to nike honestly... im much more comfortable in skate shoes been wearing them since about 2001

currently wearing just some regular high top black converse (about 45 dollars)

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably average in the $50-100 range for the shoes I buy

Ever since I started trying to get my physical fitness in order, I've come to realize that $100-$200 is the sweet-spot in terms of finding good, quality shoes. Anything under $100 is iffy in terms of quality and will probably start to fall apart after a few good jogs. Blisters from hell.

Otherwise, I could care less what I'm wearing on my feet normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Ever since I started trying to get my physical fitness in order, I've come to realize that $100-$200 is the sweet-spot in terms of finding good, quality shoes. Anything under $100 is iffy in terms of quality and will probably start to fall apart after a few good jogs. Blisters from hell.

Otherwise, I could care less what I'm wearing on my feet normally.
    Same here I usually end up spending 150-200 on my running shoes and then they last about a year depending on the mileage I put on them, but I strictly only wear them for workouts. I have an old pair for walking around, mowing the lawn etc.

Most decent shoes go in the $50-100 range, and you didn't have that as an option...

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally 50-100, up to 200 on rare occasions. Also have some weird obsession with brown shows with white soles:

But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

300 for a pair of modern dress boots for my suit. Other than that anywhere from 50 to about 220, depending. I mix my shoes up, but honestly my favorite pair are my all black slip on vans I get a pair every year or so, 35 bucks usually and I wear them to death. Vans is my favorite street shoe to this day, been wearing them close to 20 years now.

I only have 2-3 pairs, 100-200 is my range. Shoes are one of those things where I feel for how often you use them and how much it affects your body you get what you pay for. That is for comfort and function and a little style. I don't give two shits about having some basketball players shoes whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most I've ever personally spent on shoes (trainers, or smart shoes) is somewhere around £50-£60ish, don't think I'd want to spend more than that. I can't understand anyone spending more than £100 on a single pair of shoes to be very honest.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

All-black nikes low-tops, ever since the 90's. $50 or less. Money is for more important things.

My casual sandals cost me $40 a pair, usually last me around a year or so.
    My walking shoes are about $100 (but I got them on sale for $60).
    My hiking boots were $150
    My dress shoes were $200 for one pair and $400 for my other.

I also have some casual slip ons that are like $20-40 each.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have wonky wide feet, so shoe options are restricted. I can pay up to 150 ish for a pair of sneakers if they're a good fit, usually brands like New Balance and Asics.