Poll: Should Blizzard keep titanforging going forward?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Remove titanforging?

Do you think Blizz should get rid of Titanforging? And if so, should we get a new system in its place? What would it be?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _________

I would like a system where we get an option to extract the essence from gear and use those on a gear talent tree, with things like increased haste on gloves, movement speed on boots, extra stats from gems on helms (bring meta gems back!).
    Last edited by mmoc217b3a527e; 2017-09-16 at 02:55 AM.

absolutely

Nah, just cap it at mythic so the the mythic raiders can stop whining about it. I love titanforging, one of the best things out of this expansion. I don't farm for it, but when you get that sweet unexpected upgrade, its awesome.

Titanforging should be capped at 10.

Keep warforged capped at 5, remove Titanforge, that should do it.
    (Or give us Reforging back)

Nah, keep Titanforging.

Cap it at 10+ ilvls from the base ilvl of that specific content, not 10+ ilvls from Mythic base ilvl. Remove the possibility of also having extra stats and sockets applied randomly. Sockets should be a thing again like it was before, with metas and color slots.

Done.

God I miss the days of the BiS-list, proper socketing and when upgrades were just an upgrade. They got rid of reforging because it wasn't "intuitive" and people were using addons... Can they REALLY be happy with the "simming" culture that's sprung up as a result of the convoluted gear systems of Legion?

I'm generally a Positive Polly, but the titanforging and RNG on sockets is a real pet peeve of mine... It's not that I care about LFR-players or Normal raiders or even Mythic+ dungeoneers having absurdly titanforged items... It's that I care about seeing players within the same guild, running the same content, have differences of 30+ ilvls due to lucky titanforging happening. I don't like knowing that I'm weaker as a result of bad luck... Which is only enhanced by the damned legendary system...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-16 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    No, its fine as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I honestly just don't care. I wont cry if it's kept, and I wont lose any sleep if it's removed.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Need to make Heroic/M+ TF cap up to the base ilvl of Mythic. And let Mythic gear proc up to an extra 15 ilvls. (5/10 WF, 15 TF) This ensures the best gear always comes from a Mythic Raid.

I generally like the concept of WF/TF. It's nice to get a little "extra" from a piece of gear, but there shouldn't be the possibility of procing Mythic Raid level gear from WQ's/Mythic Dungeons like we have now on live.

Cap it at +10 from base item level.

Lower difficulty gear should have never been allowed to be able to proc past a higher difficulty piece.

Why should they remove it at first place? TF system gives an element of surprise AND pushes you to actually DO the content

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, remove it altogether. And while you at it, bring back guarantied sockets with colours and metas and shit.
    Create open world sets for casuals that they can upgrade\change bonuses (just like the netherlight crucible but with patterns, not random) with currencies that you earn from wq's and rares etc.
    Base gear progression on dedication and work towards the goal, not the RNG and repetition.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Why are people so bad at making polls?

You don't make the thread title one question and then make the poll the exact opposite question. You also don't put one answer as "Yes." and the other as "No. (here's a reason to pick this one).".

Titanforging is fine.

Remove it and return to the system of spending Justice/Valor points to upgrade gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Cap it at 10+ ilvls from the base ilvl of that specific content, not 10+ ilvls from Mythic base ilvl. Remove the possibility of also having extra stats and sockets applied randomly. Sockets should be a thing again like it was before, with metas and color slots.

Done.

God I miss the days of the BiS-list, proper socketing and when upgrades were just an upgrade. They got rid of reforging because it wasn't "intuitive" and people were using addons... Can they REALLY be happy with the "simming" culture that's sprung up as a result of the convoluted gear systems of Legion?

I'm generally a Positive Polly, but the titanforging and RNG on sockets is a real pet peeve of mine... It's not that I care about LFR-players or Normal raiders or even Mythic+ dungeoneers having absurdly titanforged items... It's that I care about seeing players within the same guild, running the same content, have differences of 30+ ilvls due to lucky titanforging happening. I don't like knowing that I'm weaker as a result of bad luck... Which is only enhanced by the damned legendary system...
    Pretty much this. It's really sad when I'm actually disappointed when what would otherwise be a great piece of gear drops but realising it's not titanforged/blessed with sockets etc so it's kinda worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Remove it and return to the system of spending Justice/Valor points to upgrade gear.
    Would prefer that.

The vendor point system worked with many happy with it and can be easily tuned on how fast they want players to aquire rewards based on activities done and transparently offer bonuses or make adjustments.

If devs want to use dropped loot then personally I prefer a system that uses scaling based on gear level. There is still RNG along with encouraging players to run specific content while the player knows their progression is not based on a chance of a chance that a piece of trash for them is actually useful.

Personally the current titanforging system feels underwhelming as a non-raider. It does not keep me wanting to play longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love titanforging. So don't remove it.;

+10 cap on titanforging is a great idea for sure. Nothing nearly as extreme as currently.

Cap it.

Also I believe tertiary stat, gem socket procs are perfectly fine.