Poll: And Finally Who's your favorite Airline when you fly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your flying routine any good tips?

What's your flying routine any good tips?

Do you have any flying routine either before or during a flight to get through it or make the time pass by quickly?

Do you enjoy flying?

Which is your favorite form of transportation any stories or lessons?

And Finally Who's your favorite Airline when you fly?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-28 at 01:45 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

How do you not have Virgin on the poll?

I always wear a turban to act as a pillow for the back of my head.

Also wear a dynamite vest in case you get chest pains and need to consume some nitroglycerin.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I've always had great experiences with Jet Blue and Alaska Airlines.

Deleted
    Flap your wings during the run up, not after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Virgin Airline still exist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I always wear a turban to act as a pillow for the back of my head.

Also wear a dynamite vest in case you get chest pains and need to consume some nitroglycerin.
    And see that right there is why I don't fly United Airlines, also stay your ass out of any movie theater I got to can't see the screen because of your damn hat.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Mall sec... you wished that your boss' machine crushed over and over again. How come you suddenly want to know how these alien air planes work? You failed in physics at school didn't you?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying used to be treated like a much more special experience. I feel sorry for the people that missed the time when it was. Back then pilots would let children peek in the cockpits, stewardesses went out of their way to make you feel at home, almost every flight had an actual real meal, kids would be given toy wings, etc.

Now you're crammed in like sardines and it's more cramped than a bus ride. You're lucky if they have time to give you a small bag of pretzels and 1/2 a soda. So if you're flying really just get it over asap and be on your way. Audiobooks are good for that, just make sure they are downloaded to your phone. Also, when booking flights you can see if the plane includes screens in the seats with movies and tv shows. Those also help pass the time well.

One thing I'll add is that domestic flights in other parts of the world like Asia still are treated like the old school way flying was in the West. I expected the worst, and was amazed that the seats were far roomier, included movies, and had a full dinner, on a fairly short flight.

A no-brainer tip, but if you have a short layover for a connecting flight make sure to pick a seat as much towards the front as possible. With everyone taking every bag they can now as a carry-on to avoid fees, the time to just disembark can be 15+ minutes if you are towards the rear of the plane.

One other tip, don't do a 6am departing flight out of Vegas lol. I made that mistake before realizing that would mean being at McCarren at like 4am. Pretty sure I was plenty drunk still from the night out on the town before when getting on the plane.

I only take long flights, as in 13+ hours. The only thing I make sure to do is get good sleep before, because I can't fall asleep on a plane. It's simply too uncomfortable. So I just watch movies like the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is it not supposed to?

I used to love flying, until I had a long nighttime flight over the Pacific. It was cramped, claustrophobic. Add to that a scary loss of altitude where we dropped about 7000 feet while over Japan, and I am now pretty terrified of flying.

Yes, yes, I know all the statistics. That doesn't really help with deep, ingrained fears.

Sucks too, because it makes it very stressful for me to go home and visit family.

Patience.

The best and worst thing about flying is that you basically have no control over what's going to transpire. If you lock yourself into that mentally and just plan books, TV shows, and podcasts that'll cover even a significant delay, it's a great way to travel.

If you fly a decent bit, I'd strongly recommend picking an airline and sticking to it. Status-based perks are highly worthwhile and the miles add up delightfully.

Delta's my airline of choice. They're imperfect, but generally competent and the best out of my home airport. Once you get even gold status with them, you're usually going to get at least the Comfort+ upgrades on workdays and First/Business class on weekends. Pretty good all in all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    One thing I'll add is that domestic flights in other parts of the world like Asia still are treated like the old school way flying was in the West. I expected the worst, and was amazed that the seats were far roomier, included movies, and had a full dinner, on a fairly short flight.
    On the flip side, I was a bit surprised just recently by how poor the service was on an EU flight between Spain and Germany. Two and half hour flight, no complementary beverages or snacks. I'm accustomed to routes like Minneapolis to Atlanta having free snacks and alcoholic beverages, so the idea of paying for water is really foreign to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaskan Airlines is my favorite. Never had any issues, comfortable and pleasing service.

1) Bring your own snacks and an empty water bottle to fill after you clear security to save money. Most airports price gouge
    2) Buy a travel pillow
    3) Books and chargers are your friends.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I love Alaska Airlines. But I flew on Jetblue recently and it was really nice. It's cheap to upgrade seats (I upgraded mine) but not really worth it, in my opinion...you get marginally more legroom and the airline already offers a lot of it. You do get to board first and some minor, other perks though.

My routine is to just drive if there's asphalt available between myself and my destination. I hate just about everything about flying, at least nationally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take 13 hour flights to visit home. Usually I just sleep the whole way and only eat fruits to avoid bloating and indigestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    They even made a music video not too long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those airlines are almost non-existing in Europe.. BA being the only exception.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I prefer WestJet, excellent customer service and always friendly steward(esses)

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Cause no-one has ever flown with them

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I only take long flights, as in 13+ hours. The only thing I make sure to do is get good sleep before, because I can't fall asleep on a plane. It's simply too uncomfortable. So I just watch movies like the whole time.
    This. I'm 6'2, and especially on flights to and from Japan, I have no room at all in those fucking seats. I don't understand how an airline company from the fucking US can make such tiny seats. Sure, the 4 foot nothing Japanese have plenty of room. I have to splay my legs just to fit in the seat, which then takes up the room of the people sitting next to me. If the person in front of my reclines, it crushes my legs and puts their head almost into my face. They're ridiculous. I've gotten into so many scuffles because I've had to tell people to not recline as there is no room. I can't even imagine a 6'5+ basketball player EVER flying coach on a plane like that.

As far as the OP, I don't have any rituals or anything. If I'm flying international I try to sleep on the plane if I can. On extremely rare occasions I've had an entire row to myself, so I put the armrests up and lay out over the 5 or so middle seats. Otherwise I just watch the extremely outdated movies they show to pass the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I used to love flying, until I had a long nighttime flight over the Pacific. It was cramped, claustrophobic. Add to that a scary loss of altitude where we dropped about 7000 feet while over Japan, and I am now pretty terrified of flying.

Yes, yes, I know all the statistics. That doesn't really help with deep, ingrained fears.

Sucks too, because it makes it very stressful for me to go home and visit family.
    The airspace around Japan is famous for its air pockets lol. I have taken many flights into and out of Japan, and I never got used to that. Keep in mind that the forward momentum of a plane is the ONLY thing keeping it in the sky - without that, it sinks like a stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.