Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post

I hope that's okay. Let me know if you'd like any changes.
    It's amazing. Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    STOP!

Elyaan Birthday time! Partehhh woop woop
    Wish you all the best! Keep doen awesome signature, ja? And let all your dreams become true! <3
    Open for siganture requests~Signature credits going to Elyaan ♥

I would like to put in a request for a two signatures.

Signature:
    Visible text: Unth
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/Unth/simple
    Gear set: Season 12 Elite PvP set (red version). (Link: mop.wowhead.com/item=85086)
    Helm visible: Yes
    Your pose: A nice pose that makes it look intimidating but not over the top. I always view the taurens as kind of goofballs so they can only be so intimidating.
    General colour scheme: The armor set is bright red and I am a blood Death Knight, but I'm afraid of to much red might overpower it. Maybe a gray/black/red theme.

Signature:
    Visible text: Unthir
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: This shaman will be a panda when MoP hits. I'd prefer the gray fur with the mohawk and the thin curly mustache. (Don't know if thats important. :P)
    Gear set: Tier 14 set. (red version) (wowhead.com/news&p=4#modelviewer:4:1;112313;10;112206;20;112208;3;112314;6;112312;7;112207;8;112204:24 +0)
    Helm visible: No
    Your pose: I'd like maybe casting lava burst. Maybe a orange/redish theme. Basically whatever looks best with the set.

P.S. Sorry about no links I haven't posted here before so they aren't allowing me to post links.
    Last edited by Unth; 2012-07-31 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axalicious View Post
    I made stuff on artificial paper!

Hope you like them as much as I do. Also, I think you should make the monk your main

http://i.imgur.com/gkcCb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9yz7C.jpg
    Looks really good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axalicious View Post
    I made stuff on artificial paper!

Hope you like them as much as I do. Also, I think you should make the monk your main

http://i.imgur.com/gkcCb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9yz7C.jpg
    woot I love them!

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrush View Post
    STOP!

Wish you all the best! Keep doen awesome signature, ja? And let all your dreams become true! <3
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrush View Post
    STOP!

^^
    Oooh happy HAPPY birthday!! Have fun, enjoy and all that good stuff <3
    deviantART

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessMelon View Post
    Despite that fact I would love to have some constructive criticism.

Thanks very much
    *Hides in corner*
    *Shines flash light into corner* Ye I thought I saw something crawl in there.

Right,

It's a bit hard for me to say more on this case, since several people have already chipped in with the core points. I do think the most important is, as Elyaan said, have fun with it. If you are not enjoying it, why waste the time?

When it comes to signatures, another important fact is "Idea and Composition". What are you trying to tell with this signature? What is the most important aspect? Key features? Focus? Looking at your first try, you have nailed the idea part. Druid and nature/resto feel with the leafs. Getting the idea is always half the battle. Picture your idea for yourself. Be prepared that you will run against restrictions, such as hight and current skill level (this sounds demeaning, but I lack a better word). There are just some things you can't pull off (yet). But the best thing is always having a goal, cause at some point, you will achieve it.

Composition wise, you do also place your renders quite effectively:

You normally place your focus where the lines intersect (focal points), and in most cases you'll find faces or face like objects in at these points. Whether you do it because you are aware or not, it's theoretically correct and will "lead" the readers eyes.

As for tutorials; don't just do it because someone smart wrote it in a tutorial. Understand what is done, and why it is done. This will make you able to improve on it, and tweak the different steps so they match what you want. Experiment above all else. There are tons of ways of getting better contrast in an image for instance, but they all have different results.
    You are doing the right thing by taking it slow and one step at a time. If you set yourself up with too much, it quickly becomes hairy to tackle and you might drive yourself to frustration. Learn one step at a time, get accustomed with the different functions.

If I had any pointers for you currently, it would be colour schemes. Adobe have an amazing tool called Kuler (kuler.adobe.com). Try and search through different keywords you can come up with. Nature, Fire, Plague etc. It will give you great colour palettes with good contrast and often balanced colours. Normally I just stick to the colours of the gear, but choose the gear dependant on the theme of the signature. A way you can push a signature in the direction of a main colour feel, would be to use the Color Balance adjustment layer.

Seeing your latest results, you are moving quite fast. So keep it up and enjoy yourself. I'm always open for questions if you feel I can help you.
    - Soko

Edit: also happy birthday Elyaan.
    Last edited by mmocb5d28d3b01; 2012-07-31 at 06:56 PM.

Happy Birthday Elyaan! Here's a special song for you!

Deleted
    Their amazing, thank you! Their better then what i could imagine

Thanks guys/girls. Much appreciated.

Deleted
    Hey guys, anyone have any tips for brushes to use when highlighting?

Happy birthday Elyaan!

Edit: Best 1k post ever
    Edit2: Boyfriend says hai and happy birthday to you too!
    Last edited by Nacly; 2012-07-31 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    Not to be obtrusive but did anyone claim this ?
    To make it more desirable, I'd prefer only the iPhone wallpaper to be made.

Cheers !
    I think you might want to fix your armory link... that might be why no one has claimed it.

OT:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELYAAN!!!

*hands a Gaga cake*
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessMelon View Post
    Hey guys, anyone have any tips for brushes to use when highlighting?
    A soft round brush:

Opacity: 80%-100% and Hardness: max 10%
    Try using only the edges of it and have the layer to either Overlay (for light colours) or Color Dodge (Dark vibrant colours).

- Soko

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had fun experimenting for the past month on a trial of Photoshop, but it's expired now. /sadpanda T-T
    So any other programs I can use to continue making images?

Also, lovely work here. (b^.^)b x

( if anyone can see my signature, maybe tell me how I can improve it. )

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Had fun experimenting for the past month on a trial of Photoshop, but it's expired now. /sadpanda T-T
    So any other programs I can use to continue making images?
    GIMP
    Hit up Youtube to see how to get GIMP to read your brushes.
    Last edited by i4ni; 2012-07-31 at 09:34 PM.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAPERS: CLOSED l

l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    GIMP
    Hit up Youtube to see how to get GIMP to read your brushes.
    I think I used to use GIMP way back in the days of college so, won't be unknown territory, i'll probably pick it up quickly. ^.^

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Thanks again for the birthday wishes, guys/girls. <3

I would like to request Avatar Signature. If anyone could hit me up with one I'd be incredibly grateful.

Name: Valhalla
    Class: DK (frost)
    Guild: Aftermath

I generally play frost and as of right now plan to in MoP as well.

I was thinking something like a frostfire background...maybe a couple undead but really a close up on my toon. Also thinking name, guild, and Savior of Azeroth title posted would be great!!!

Armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...allå/advanced

thanks for all the help!!!!!