Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your Cataclysm-z'd Suggestions?

I've been doing some brainstorming. Okay, maybe lots of brain storming. And some thinking, as to glyph and talent changes, and of course, most of this being Holy.
    • Cure Disease removed from the game.
    • Abolish Disease has been renamed to Absolve, now affecting magic effects (if disease/poisons are removed from the game, etc)
    • Absolution (Discipline) now grants your Absolve a chance equal to your critical strike to remove an additional negative effect.

• Glyph of Flash Heal: *Redesigned* Your Flash Heal now refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target.
    • Glyph of Renew: *Redesigned* The time between ticks and total duration of your Renew is affected by your haste.

• Improved Healing has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities.
    • Improved Renew has been removed, and its effects folded into Empowered Renew.
    • Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration (why it's not, currently, is waaaay beyond me.)
    • Spiritual Healing has been folded into Spiritual Guidance (Or Empowered Healing)
    • Body And Soul: No longer applies the speed buff from Power Word: Shield, instead applying it from Empowered Renew. However, a target cannot gain this buff more than once every 15 seconds.
    • Lightwell is now trainable at level 40, but it disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.
    • Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Empowered Renew, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%.

I dunno, these are just my thoughts. What're yours? And feel free to pick these apart, but if you do, please note the following:

A post like this
    [*]Lightwell is now trainable at level 40, but it disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.
    no
    isn't really appreciated, at all. Nor is it really welcome. If you are going to critique, please OFFER your criticism.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: Your Cataclysm-z'd Suggestions?

Cure Disease removed from the game ==> ???

Abolish Disease has been renamed to Absolve, now affecting magic effects (if disease/poisons are removed from the game, etc) ==> I don't think poisons and diseases will be removed and our dispell magic is good enough to me.

Absolution (Discipline) now grants your Absolve a chance equal to your critical strike to remove an additional negative effect. ==> Good idea but we already have the dispell magic so I don't think it's appropriate for us.

Glyph of Flash Heal: *Redesigned* Your Flash Heal now refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target. ==> I like the idea ^^

Glyph of Renew: *Redesigned* The time between ticks and total duration of your Renew is affected by your haste. ==> I think it's on the way with haste affecting dots...why not renew

Improved Healing has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities. ==> ???

Improved Renew has been removed, and its effects folded into Empowered Renew. ==> ???

Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration (why it's not, currently, is waaaay beyond me.) ==> It is already.

Spiritual Healing has been folded into Spiritual Guidance (Or Empowered Healing) ==> hmmm I dunnow it would be the occasion to take more talents in the Holy tree like Holy reach so I agree.

Body And Soul: No longer applies the speed buff from Power Word: Shield, instead applying it from Empowered Renew. However, a target cannot gain this buff more than once every 15 seconds. ==> Great Idea ! But they already said they would change the talent in Cata to be more interresting in the holy tree in pve.

Lightwell is now trainable at level 40, but it disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death. ==> Keep dreaming, althought i like the idea

Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%. ==> Perfect ! not too op at all
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Improved Healing has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities. ==> ???
    Freeing up a few talent points, that aren't being used anyways.

Improved Renew has been removed, and its effects folded into Empowered Renew. ==> ???
    In this case, freeing up talent points into a related talent.

Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration (why it's not, currently, is waaaay beyond me.) ==> It is already.
    Inspiration. Check again, it's not. I wouldn't be surprised if Divine Hymn made it up there before Emp. Renew.

Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%. ==> Perfect ! not too op at all
    And thank you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Absolve
    –verb (used with object), -solved, -solving.
    1. to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
    2. to set free or release, as from some duty, obligation, or responsibility (usually fol. by from): to be absolved from one's oath.
    3. to grant pardon for.

4. Ecclesiastical. a. to grant or pronounce remission of sins to.
    b. to remit (a sin) by absolution.
    c. to declare (censure, as excommunication) removed.

I also "offer" this: No.

Disease/poisons etc will not be removed from the game. But all healer classes will get the ability to remove magic, making a dispelling fight easier without having to rely on a priest or paladin. Curses, Poisons and Diseases will still remain, and all classes should be able to remove two out of three in this set. For priests, this probably means we will get a poison removal. And it will be useless in PVP

The redesigned absolution talent is pretty awesome, it will rock in the arena, and yet can't be claimed to be ridiculously OP. I'd like to see this!

Your synergy with renew (Renewing light) is also a brilliant mechanics. But if anything, i'd expect it to go to druids.
    That said, if you keep on spamming the MT, renewing renew every 1.5 sec or 2.5 sec is basically going to ensure that renew never ticks. Better to say "add 3 seconds to renew, maximum 15".

Spiritual Guidance and Spiritual Healing is likely to vanish in favor of mastery. These talents are the core talents of the holy tree, what it's "all about".

As for lightwell, I have to say: No.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. But I really don't see the devs changing this spell anytime soon. After all, it's an awesome heal in terms of healing per mana and healing per second. And that on-paper spreadsheet goodness is pretty much all they care about. It's not like anyone in the blizzard class design team plays a priest after all :P

--

If I was to change anything, I'd modify that spreadsheet, basically change how blizzard balances casting costs. Make it take into account the healing-over-time duration. The casting time. Sure, GHeal heals for 2x the amount of a Fheal per cast, but that doesn't mean it should cost 2x the mana. The long cast time is a drawback, yet one we're not compensated for. Renew is also too expensive, considering it heals over 15 seconds. By Blizzards metric, a 60 seconds cast time "heal for a million" heal would cost several hundred of thousands of mana. And yet, I don't see any situation where such a heal would be remotely useful.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

What's the point of these suggestion threads? Even if it was on the official wow forums which are monitored by the developers... But it's not that forum.

• Lightwell is now trainable at level 40, but it disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.
    no

your suggestions will make priest healers even more OP, and if you want to do suggestion go to the official forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    I'm 12, and my balls have been producing men of the sea for quite a long time (Over a year)

PS: Men of the sea = Sea Men = Semen

Quote Originally Posted by ♠Spctro♠
    no

your suggestions will make priest healers even more OP, and if you want to do suggestion go to the official forums
    How often is Lightwell used? So how would it becoming baseline make it OP?

Also, the suggestions are for only for priests in CATACLYSM, it doesn't mean that priests will be only ones with awesome talents.

[*]Cure Disease removed from the game.[*]Abolish Disease has been renamed to Absolve, now affecting magic effects (if disease/poisons are removed from the game, etc)
    Any particular reasons for these points?

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Any particular reasons for these points?
    Considering each class getting a magic removal to ensure that "the proper dispels are always present", even in PvP, I was under the assumption that each class would just have a magic removal, and that (and physical) would be the only type of debuff. But that was my take on it, and it's more likely that I'm completely 100% wrong.

Renewing Light looks pretty interesting, and I'm with you on the Body and Soul change, makes much more sense than PW:Shield.

Here's my take on a few things...obviously regarding Holy DPS, so flame on:

Glyph of Holy Fire
    - Reduce the cooldown of Holy Fire by 3 secs and increase its damage over time component by 15%.

Glyph of Surge of Light
    - Your Surge of Light will automatically fire a non-critical Smite at the enemy when triggered. This effect costs no mana and does not consume a global cooldown. However, your Surge of Light no longer affects your Flash Heal spell.

Talent Fix: Searing Light 3/3 - Increase the damage of your Smite, Holy Fire, Holy Nova, and Penance spell by 5/10/15%, increase your chance to hit with offensive Holy spells by 1/2/3 %

Improved Spirit Tap 2/2 - Your harmful spells have a 3/5 % chance to grand you the effect of Spirit Tap for half of its duration during combat. <--- build in mana trinket?

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    Glyph of Surge of Light - Your Surge of Light will automatically fire a non-critical Smite at the enemy when triggered. This effect costs no mana and does not consume a global cooldown. However, your Surge of Light no longer affects your Flash Heal spell.
    I can't even imagine the fun you could have with this and a raid buffed amount of crit.

Um...with the current gear, you can probably achieve 40% holy crit (45% with boomkin) without stacking the stats too seriously since with the disc and holy tree combined, you get 7% holy crit right there. A bit sick actually, but I think this glyph is not op, since it removes one primary element to holy priest healing - free flash heal.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Glyph of Mind Flay/Mind Sear:
    Slows all movement, including missiles and spells (charges etc.) by 75% between the caster and the target.

I'd like to see something added to Levitate, something what would actually be useful in PvP, like you could actually jump above the ground and offer yourself a safespot against any melee for a certain amount of time.

Just some mindless thoughts that came to my mind, feel free to shoot them down, I don't really care that much :>

well, there're some of my suggestions

Discipline

Telekinesis

30 yards range, X% mana cost
    30 sec CD, instant cast

Knocks target back 15 yards and allows you to use objects in a range of the spell.

Telepathy

3 min CD, instant cast

Reads enemy targets mind, reducing its chance to hit you by 30% and reduces it's chance to critically hit you by 100%. Lasts 10 sec.

Holy

Full Heal

40 yards range, X% mana cost
    5 min CD, 1.5 sec cast

Fully heals your target and removes 1 magic, disease, curse and poison effect.

Prayer of Renewal

, X% mana cost
    2 mins CD, 0.5 cast time

You enter a stance of Renewal, allowing your Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Divine Hymn and Holy Nova apply Renew on its Targets.

Blessed Purpose

passive

Gives your Empowered Renew and Renew periodical heals 15% chance to grant its target Blessed Purpose buff, increasing its Stats by 5% for 15 secs.

Shadow

Night's Shadow

2 sec cast

Strikes enemy with shadow energy, dealing X - Y damage and increasing damage of your next Mind Blast spell by 5%, stacking three times.

God I have threads like this. So much fail and whine about shattered dreams. Fuck off with the renew spam, we arn't druids. Why not make Flash heal have a Swiftmend mechanic?! Seriously, the holy spec is not centred around renew and Blizzard won't make any of the renew related dreams in this thread come true.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

RawR!!! Angry criticism!!!!!

/emo what's the point criticism....

random comment meant to be fresh and cleaver!

------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------

Now that I have my obligatory forum responses out of the way...

* Cure Disease removed from the game.
    Cool. Same effect and mana cost as Abolish Disease. Removal of redundancy ftw.

* Abolish Disease has been renamed to Absolve, now affecting magic effects (if disease/poisons are removed from the game, etc)
    Nah... can't go with you on this one. It would just be too clunky and not at all elegant. It would also most likely increase the cost of dispelling.

* Absolution (Discipline) now grants your Absolve a chance equal to your critical strike to remove an additional negative effect.

Interesting, but would ultimately have very little effect a vast majority of the time. I am also certain that Blizzard would actually have to write new code for this, which I doubt they will do.

* Glyph of Flash Heal: *Redesigned* Your Flash Heal now refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target.
    Nice for disco, I really can't say how this would play out for holy. I don't see myself going out of my way to refresh renews, so it would just be a passive bonus that happens when it happens.

* Glyph of Renew: *Redesigned* The time between ticks and total duration of your Renew is affected by your haste.
    Sounds good.

* Improved Healing has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities.
    Sounds good. Though I think this is being incorporated into the new mastery system.

* Improved Renew has been removed, and its effects folded into Empowered Renew.
    Needs to be removed, but folded into the new mastery system.

* Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration (why it's not, currently, is waaaay beyond me.)
    Reasonable.

* Spiritual Healing has been folded into Spiritual Guidance (Or Empowered Healing)
    Spiritual Healing will be folded into the new mastery system. I wouldn't be surprised if SG is as well.

* Body And Soul: No longer applies the speed buff from Power Word: Shield, instead applying it from Empowered Renew. However, a target cannot gain this buff more than once every 15 seconds.
    I think PW:S was linked to this so it would generally something that holy chooses to use. Applying it to Emp Renew would have people flying around during times that perhaps flying around would be bad. I would prefer it to be linked to PW:S, even with the CD.

* Lightwell is now trainable at level 40, but it disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.
    No. =P. Sounds good.

* Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Empowered Renew, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%.
    This just seems... idk... random. I'm not particularly excited about it. I'd like LW to be replaced with something fun. Personally, i'd like to be able to enter a SoR state every 5min (dispel-able of course to limit the pvp QQQQQQQ).

@Kelesti

In general, I like the ideas and enthusiasm.
    However, if I remember correctly, Blizzard thinks of priest as sort of a 'jack of all trades' type of healer. We have one of the largest arsenals of heals and I believe they would (and still do) want to have that incorporated.

That being said, I think you put too much enthusiasm on Renew. Not saying they're bad ideas, just saying that for something like this to go further, a broader view of available spells should be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    What's the point of these suggestion threads? Even if it was on the official wow forums which are monitored by the developers... But it's not that forum.
    Sharing creative ideas with like minded people. I enjoy it. Whats the point of asking what the point is?
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Priest love!

IDEA#1

Deceit 30 yd range
    8% base mana
    Instant 12 sec cooldown

Instantly heal an enemy target for 1500, but then twists the target's fate and always deal three times the damage it healed the target over 3 seconds (Before healing reducing effects). Shadow Word: Death will always critical strike when hitting a target afflicted by Deceit.

(Deceit means something like tricking someone, in this case healing them first and then dealing ALOT of damage!)
    This is sort of bursty, and also has some nice synergy. And will heal the target less if a MS effect is active on the target (which is almost always the case in pve)
    Also feels really shadow-priest-like to me.

Example:

Target: Gets healed for 1500 (instantly)
    sec1: 1500 damage taken
    sec2: 1500 damage taken
    sec3: 1500 damage taken - Effect fades.

Example 2:

Target has Mortal Strike on him, you cast Deceit.

Target=healed for 750 (750 reduction)
    sec1: 1500 damage taken
    sec1.5: You cast SWeath, always crits.
    sec2: 1500 damage taken
    sec3: 1500 damage taken - Effect fades.

IDEA#2:

Migraine 30 yd range
    9% base mana (woot no cooldown!)
    Each time your Shadow Word:Pain spell deals damage you gain a Migraine charge, up to a maximum of 3 charges. Charges unleashed through Migraine deal 230 Shadow Damage, and is increased by an additional 10% per charge.

Meaning 0 Stacks deals 230 Shadow damage (which happens to be equal to 1 SW:P tick)
    " 1 Stack 230*2+10% = 506
    " 2 Stacks 230*3+20% = 828
    " 3 Stacks 230*4+30% = 1196

How's that?
    -It's instant
    -There's no cooldown
    -The only weakness it has, is that it's effectiveness is reduced when constantly spammed (but c'mon.. else it's heavily overpowered )
    -Sort of like an ramp-up-instant-damage-abilit

WHICH SCALES WITH HASTE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Faster SW:P ticks = faster Migraine = synergy :O

To get the full effectiveness in pve, you would have to wait out 3 ticks (9 seconds, without haste).
    Of course in pvp you *could* spam it every GCD, but it would only deal as much damage as 1 SW:P tick. See it as a sort of Ice lance where instead of the target being frozen counts, now the amount of SW:P ticks count in order to increase damage

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~