Thread: Divine Hymn

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Hymn

Divine hymn getting buffed.

•Divine Hymn cooldown has been lowered from 10 to 8 min.

is it enough??

Re: Divine Hymn

from once per 2 fights to almost 1 per fight. I see nothing special here.

Good but not extra.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

if the +int buff you temporarily get from it had the mana you use WHILE buffed scaled away from it, it wouldn't be so damn useless

like if it buffs your mana to 20k from 18k, and you use a spell that costs 10% of your base, they take that from your new 20k mana pool and then after the buff runs its duration, you're left with 90% of 20k instead of the way it is now, which is "this only helps if you're totally OOM, otherwise, you're back to where you started in a few seconds"

that or buff the time you have the extra int buff and make it just like last stand

wrong hymn

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    if the +int buff you temporarily get from it had the mana you use WHILE buffed scaled away from it, it wouldn't be so damn useless

like if it buffs your mana to 20k from 18k, and you use a spell that costs 10% of your base, they take that from your new 20k mana pool and then after the buff runs its duration, you're left with 90% of 20k instead of the way it is now, which is "this only helps if you're totally OOM, otherwise, you're back to where you started in a few seconds"

that or buff the time you have the extra int buff and make it just like last stand
    Thread is about Divine Hymn, not Hymn of Hope (which btw does not buff Int -- only mana pool)

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Meh, it's nothing special. I haven't found myself using it too often.

I hoped they do it 6 min, but 8 is better then 10
    I use it every fight, but sometimes we wipe real fast, like on Val'kyrs, so i can use only every other try, thats really annoying

I don't think it changes much. Most fights are in the 5-6 minute range nowadays, and the few that are longer (Yogg) don't really offer much an opportunity to use it early so you can use it later. It's only a side effect to their adjusting the "No Arena" limit from 15 to 10 minute cooldowns, and if this is a buff it's utterly minuscule.

Not game changing, but welcomed. It'll help a bit with being able to use it once per wipe in ICC, as I'm certain the run back will be longer than in ToC.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    ...as I'm certain the run back will be longer than in ToC.
    Any shorter and you'd auto-rez in ToC (although I have had people wait for a rez after a wipe in ToC...no serious).

The reduction in cooldown is because the Arena cooldown "lock" is reduced to 10 minutes, nothing more, nothing less.

All other 10 minute cooldown abilities also had their cooldown reduced to 8 minutes(Preparation, Tranquility etc.)

6 min cooldown would be peak, IMO.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Thread is about Divine Hymn, not Hymn of Hope (which btw does not buff Int -- only mana pool)
    i always do that but hell, i played shadow, there is no useful hymn for an spriest

You do realize that 10% of your BASE mana is a static number right? Its BASE mana, not MAX mana. Your base mana is what your mana would be with 0 int. The only way this number can go up is by leveling up, which we are at max level, so we cant do that. Your spells will cost exactly the same amount of mana whether you have 10k mana or 30k mana, no matter what buffs you have to your mana pool/int
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure it was lowered to an 8 min cd so it could be used in arenas still... Seeing how they made arena cutoff cd's 10 mins or higher now...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    You do realize that 10% of your BASE mana is a static number right? Its BASE mana, not MAX mana. Your base mana is what your mana would be with 0 int. The only way this number can go up is by leveling up, which we are at max level, so we cant do that. Your spells will cost exactly the same amount of mana whether you have 10k mana or 30k mana, no matter what buffs you have to your mana pool/int
    it was in reference to the hymn this thread isn't about (my fault), hymn of hope, but you didn't get what i was saying at all. what i meant was that that extra mana pool comes and goes and ONLY helps you if you are interrupted while channeling and the only mana you have IS the buff

when the buff is gone, that extra mana is gone and with the short duration, you don't have much time to do anything to start with

if they allowed the spell (let's say it costs 1000 mana) to be taken from the BUFF and then allowed the mana left over after the buff runs out TO STAY up to 100% of the mana pool, then it would be on par with some of the other spells other classes get at that level

maybe even useful to a shadowpriest

as it stand, if you have 18k, you get buff and you end up with 20k, you spend 1k on your spell and have 19k until the buff runs out, you then lose the buff part (2k) and you basically got nothing at all from that "buff".

if you ended up with 18k (full mana) because you had over 100% of normal mana left, then it would be somewhat useful, it's like 2k mana worth of free spells instead of a number that changes while you end up with teh same amount of mana after casting as you would have anyway

who gives a shit if your mana pool was bigger for a few seconds if you still have your regular mana pool minus the spell cost when it's over

it was in reference to the hymn this thread isn't about (my fault), hymn of hope, but you didn't get what i was saying at all. what i meant was that that extra mana pool comes and goes and ONLY helps you if you are interrupted while channeling and the only mana you have IS the buff

when the buff is gone, that extra mana is gone and with the short duration, you don't have much time to do anything to start with

if they allowed the spell (let's say it costs 1000 mana) to be taken from the BUFF and then allowed the mana left over after the buff runs out TO STAY up to 100% of the mana pool, then it would be on par with some of the other spells other classes get at that level

maybe even useful to a shadowpriest

as it stand, if you have 18k, you get buff and you end up with 20k, you spend 1k on your spell and have 19k until the buff runs out, you then lose the buff part (2k) and you basically got nothing at all from that "buff".

if you ended up with 18k (full mana) because you had over 100% of normal mana left, then it would be somewhat useful, it's like 2k mana worth of free spells instead of a number that changes while you end up with teh same amount of mana after casting as you would have anyway

who gives a shit if your mana pool was bigger for a few seconds if you still have your regular mana pool minus the spell cost when it's over

the extra mana from replenishment, shadow fiend, and arcane torrent (if u are BE)

i went there

Quote Originally Posted by battysteveJ
    the extra mana from replenishment, shadow fiend, and arcane torrent (if u are BE)

i went there
    nothing like having to blow a 10min cd AND another CD to get an extra 1k mana

Well actually the minor buff to max mana is just a way to make sure the hymn is spread out I beleive. So yo can artifically increase the players hit's mana bar so your next tick will go to a different player.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn