Mage spells in WarCraft startegy games (possible new spells for Cataclysm)

I searched for mage like classes in the WarCraft strategy games to see, how many abilities not currently in WoW that can be used as new spells for us. I would really like to see Banish and Phoenix Blood Mage spells as new spells in Cataclysm

Warcraft I

Conjurer
    - Elemental Blast
    Conjurers maintain a close relationship with the elements about them, and the ability to focus those forces is the basis of this spell. This channeling manifests itself as a sphere of charged energy that issues forth from the hands, enabling the caster to strike an enemy from a great distance. This is one of the basic magiks taught to conjurers and serves as the cornerstone for training the caster in focusing both mind and will to the task of summoning.
    - Summon Scorpions
    - Summon Elemental (we already have this)
    - Rain of Fire (warlock spell)

Warcraft II

Mage
    - Fireball (we already have this)
    - Slow (we already have this)
    - Polymorph (we already have this)
    - Invisibility (we already have this)
    - Flame Shield
    Serving as both a weapon and a barrier, the Flame Shield is a binding of the chaotic force of fire to the aura of the chosen target. A twisting helix of fire that whirls about, the Flame Shield accompanies the one so enchanted wherever he may roam. Flame shield will deliver damage to any grounded or air barrier that it comes into contact with.
    - Blizzard (we already have this)

Warcraft III

Sorceress

Spell Breaker
    - Spell Steal (we already have this)
    - Control Magic
    Give Spell Breakers the ability to take control of enemy summoned units. The spell's cost is relative to the current hit points of the target.
    - Spell Immunity (Passive)
    Renders this unit immune to negative spells.
    - Feedback (Passive)
    Spell Breaker attacks destroy 20 (4 to Heroes) Mana per hit. The Mana combusts, dealing damage to the attacked unit. Each point so removed causes 1 point of damage to the target. Feedback does not affect spell-immune units.

Archmage
    - Summon Water Elemental (we already have this)
    - Brilliance Aura (probably Arcane Brilliance)
    Gives additional mana regeneration to nearby friendly units.
    - Mass Teleport (probably Portals)
    Teleports 24 of the player's nearby units, including the Archmage, to a friendly ground unit or structure.

Blood Mage
    - Flame Strike (we already have this)
    - Banish
    Turns a unit ethereal and slows its movement speed by 50% for 18 seconds (at level 3). Ethereal units cannot attack, but they can cast spells and will take 66% more damage from Magic attacks and spells.
    - Siphon Mana (warlock spell)
    Transfers mana between the Blood Mage and a target. Drains mana from an enemy, or transfers mana to an ally. Siphon Mana can push the Blood Mage's mana over its maximum value, though excess mana drains off rapidly if not used.
    - Phoenix
    Summons a powerful Phoenix. The Phoenix burns with such intensity that it damages itself and nearby enemy units. Has Spell Immunity, and Resistant Skin. When a Phoenix dies, it creates an egg that will hatch into a Phoenix.

Re: Mage spells in WarCraft startegy games (possible new spells for Cataclysm)

banish is warlock spell already ^^

and our damage arsenal fills pretty much every niche we could imagine except dots.

mana combustion would be extremely nice. as cataclysm hits pvp will be a lot less bursty, which makes the spiky damage combined with mana as a resource kinda iffy =/ mana combustion culd help to stand up against certain healers like druids or discipline priests. we will have to wait and see but something mana destroying would be awesome, indeed.

also i wondered why the class which is the most skilled at controlling magic (lorewise) is unable to dispel or reflect magic stuff, to actually control magic ;P a mind control on demons and elementals might be op a bit though XD but certainly cool imagine taking over a felhound for lets say 10 seconds and use the counterspell or the succubus' knockback against themselves.
    Black is what darkness looks like.

I would expect alot of those abilities to be used by the new demon hunter hero class.

That's just my guess. Things like blink were taken from a rogue (W3) and given to a mage, so I would put much stock in what you find from a spell casting class from the old games.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyan
    I would expect alot of those abilities to be used by the new demon hunter hero class.
    Not gonna happen

Flame Shield is Flame Ward
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

I did not played a warlock or much of the other classes. My first level 80 is a mage and I'm loving it.

The old Banish would be so cool on players. Probably overpowered.

Btw spellbreaker was a warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by epard
    his spells were rather 'magish' and he was trained in mage building. My bet would be "battle mage" =)))

Flame Shield is essentially Lightning Shield from WarCraft III. Seeing how LS was changed, it is safe to assume that Flame Shield is now known as Molten Armor.
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Quote Originally Posted by epard
    Well Spell Breaker is a blood elf unit, and they didn't have Paladins back than. Plus it had mana, so it's a warrior mage at best. It was a melee unit.

Mages will get some sort of fear.
    Think thats one of the only PvP tools they lack by now.
    Probably in the Arcane tree.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    Flame Shield is Flame Ward
    And Fireshield for the Warlocks Imp (although removed in cata) and even Molten Armor.

Can't really say any of those haven't been covered yet already, except those that would cause problems (Control Magic) or don't really fit the class. Bloodmage was more of a Warlock precursor anyway.

Huge maybe for Feedback (human priests used to have it) but Mages have enough to counter casters as is.

BTW, they can re-introduce http://www.wowwiki.com/Consume_Magic as a Mage spells. not that Mage needed more mana regen abilities, but who knows? =)))
    maybe they will make mana management they key feature of the class (high mana costs? combined with a number of mana regens it can prove to be an interesting system)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder
    Not gonna happen
    Don't be too quick to dismiss the idea. I don't have the text doc on my laptop, but ages ago, it was leaked a file that included the outline for WoWs' future. It's been quite accurate. And it goes in line with their class, then race policy. When Maelstrom or emerald dream comes out after cata (i don't recall which is next), I would bank on a demon hunter hero class.

And I would expect those abilities to be dropped in the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyan
    Don't be too quick to dismiss the idea. I don't have the text doc on my laptop, but ages ago, it was leaked a file that included the outline for WoWs' future. It's been quite accurate. And it goes in line with their class, then race policy. When Maelstrom or emerald dream comes out after cata (i don't recall which is next), I would bank on a demon hunter hero class.

And I would expect those abilities to be dropped in the class.
    if you are referring to that old expansion zone list, then it was made after BC and is a fake.

Control magic sounds rather interesting. Imagine it something like a half-way mind controll - you get a pet bar and you take advantage of the enemys spells. For example, you do it on a warlock and you can cast immolate or chaos bolt, just a couple of key spells. Priest - renew, pws, dispell, etc.

Feedback - was a human priest racial spell that got removed
    Mass teleport - sounds very like something a mage should be able to do, but I can't see it working really
    control magic - mind control?
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    Control magic sounds rather interesting. Imagine it something like a half-way mind controll - you get a pet bar and you take advantage of the enemys spells. For example, you do it on a warlock and you can cast immolate or chaos bolt, just a couple of key spells. Priest - renew, pws, dispell, etc.
    Control Magic worked in different way. it allowed you to control enemy summoned units. could be implemented like "Enslave Elemental"-like spell

Feedback would be awesome.

or imagine sth like this:

next harmful spell cast on you gets "stored" and is available for you to cast it too (only once) with no casttime. eating a pyroblast and unleashing it within the next shatter combo. or a counterspell, a fear, a dot, a whatsoever. would be extremely nice playstyle. but maybe its too late to suggest stuff

Deleted

If you allow me, I will make some corrections:

Quote Originally Posted by ProTech

Warcraft I

Conjurer
    - Elemental Blast (we already have this: Arcane Blast, but instead of causing elemental damage causes arcane damage)
    - Summon Scorpions (This spell is typical of necromancers, so that we will ever have it)
    - Summon Elemental (we already have this)
    - Rain of Fire (warlock spell)

Warcraft II

Mage
    - Fireball (we already have this)
    - Flame Shield (we already have this: Molten Armor, although quite different)

Warcraft III

Sorceress

Spell Breaker
    - Spell Steal (we already have this, although the part to dispel harmful magic effects of our allies we still do not have it)
    - Control Magic (this power we do not have yet)
    - Spell Immunity (Passive) (this power we do not have yet)
    - Feedback (Passive) (this power we do not have yet)

Archmage
    - Summon Water Elemental (we already have this)
    - Brilliance Aura (this power we do not have yet)
    - Mass Teleport (this power we do not have yet)

Blood Mage
    - Flame Strike (we already have this)
    - Banish (this power we do not have yet)
    - Siphon Mana (warlock spell)
    - Phoenix (this power we do not have yet)
    I have marked in red the spells that either we do not have at all, or we have them incomplete as is the case of 'Spell Steal'