Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what should i do?my account is being hacked

ok i was playing WoW then got Dcd thought nothing of it went back to login and then says enter authenicator code

but i never bought an authenicator WTF should i do?? tried to login to my battle.net account and said the same thing i dont have any emails from blizzard or battle net saying i purchased 1 i cant get on to open a ticket or anything!!!

Re: what should i do?my account is being hacked

Inb4waves of trolls and the inevitable lock of the thread.

Call Blizzard. Nobody on MMO-Champion can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Call Blizzard.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

lol blizzard is closed i tried already

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ßlazé
    Then your going to have to wait till tomorrow.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

You know how your hacker HAS AN AUTHENTICATOR?!? Even he/she was smarter than you and probably more caring of your account to actually get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ßlazé
    Email them and call tomorrow. You won't be playing tonight.

Don't tell the chaps at MMO-Champion. They will troll you to death. Just sleep for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Calling them will allow you to reclaim the account and possibly get the authenticator removed. In order to get items/gold restored you have to open a ticket or shoot the GM staff an email explaining what happened.

At the very least you're going to want to clean out your computer with AV software (personally I recommend a complete reformat), and in the future exercise some intelligence when you're downloading things, sharing your account info, etc.

Also, you know how you said you didn't have an authenticator? Fix that. :P

in all seriousness, this exact thing happened to three of my guildmates and myself.

i myself, have been hacked like this twice this week.

i've run all virus/spyware/malware scanners and found no keyloggers.. the only common link we all have had was our wowstead website (which was allegedly compromised this week as well) and we use the curse client to download addons.

regardless.. what you need to do is call blizzard, they can remove the authenticator and reset your password. this should hold the hackers at bay for a day or two.

what you need to do next is get hold of an authenticator. i purchased one so i'm stuck waiting 7 days for it to show up in the mail.. i hope i dont get hacked a third time before it arrives.

to retrieve any items that were vendored or gold that was taken, open a ticket once you get back in the game. their restoration team is top notch. i had to wait a day and a half to get everything back.
    "Hard work never killed any body, But why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen.

Post on a website that has no official connection to your WoW account, then do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hughes
    "we use the curse client to download addons"
    this sir is your problem curse has stated in the past there addons are not screened before being uploaded to the general public and there addons have been knowon to haver keyloggers in them in the past example... DBM and the questhelper around patch 3.0 i think it was..
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I got hacked the same exact way (except I wasn't online when it happened).

Anyway, I got an email for a 3 day ban for hacking. It wasn't a do not reply adress, so I replied, and got all my stuff in the mail and shuch. Didn't have to wait or anything.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Trolls are just trolling 'cause this is not happening to them right now...just wait and see when it happens to them.

Ontopic: This happened to my RL friend the 18th of April, iit was a sunday so he decided to wait and call until next Monday, the 19th...well since that day everytime he calls to blizzard he gets an automatic response saying "Service not available...", so right now he is not sure of what to do. He tried e-mailing to them and still no response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

1: Clean your computer with Antivir software.
    2: stop clicking links with a big boobed chick on it.
    3: Call blizzard
    4: Get a authenticator seriously it costs 5$ or some shit.
    5: ?????
    6: Profit.
    Oh hi

[quote

to retrieve any items that were vendored or gold that was taken, open a ticket once you get back in the game. their restoration team is top notch. i had to wait a day and a half to get everything back.
    [/quote]

no there not lol in bc i was full T6 with sunwell gear and they replaced none of it my guild had to run me threw BT naked and i lost 22k gold that was never given back lol there horible i hope theyve gotten better in the last year

OP. Do as the people in the thread said earlier. If you're persistant, you'll probably get most of it back. If you don't get it all back, it's not hard to get gear or gold nowadays. Also, one would think that you'd be more careful after being hacked before. Get an authenticator, get a better antivirus, update your shit, firefox addons, discretion with link clicking, yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Post on a website that has no official connection to your WoW account, then do nothing.
    well said my friend well said

Hello there =).

I will supply you with the necessary information to recover your account and start a restoration in this thread. Simple follow the steps and you should be back on track in no time!

Most of the information that I am about to provide is summed up on the newly made Blizzard Security Page. You can read this page here: http://us.battle.net/security/ , but all of the information that you will need to regain acess to your account or start the restoration process will be provided here for you.

In some circumstances, malicious parties may add an Authenticator to an account to prevent access to anyone who does not possess the Authenticator. Please call Billing to have the Authenticator removed from the account if one has been added.

You can reach them at these numbers:

Billing and Account Services
    Live Representatives Available all week, 8am to 8pm PST
    For phone assistance please call: 1 (800) 592-5499 (1 (800) 59-BLIZZARD)
    * Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378
    * Players in Singapore should call 800-2549-9273
    * Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554
    * Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628
    * Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778
    * All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283
    **For email support please email: Billing@Blizzard.com**

Visit this sticky to take steps to get your account back, and if you already have it or for when you get it, file for a restoration to attempt retrieve anything that was stolen or deleted. Also included in this sticky are ways to remove any viruses/keyloggers/malware you may have on your computer.

[[ Account Compromise Info Center ]]
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18909866&sid=1

In the meantime, visit this thread to prevent anything like this from happening again.

*Computer Security Recommendations*
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...78038509&sid=1

I would also suggest purchasing an Authenticator, this will ensure your account's security almost entirely. In addition to the great security, you now also get an adorable little Core Hound Pup as soon as you add an Authenticator to your account!

Information about what an Authenticator is, what it does, and how it works:
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=24660

Blizzard Store
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:6

Mobile Authenticator
    http://us.blizzard.com/support

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hughes
    in all seriousness, this exact thing happened to three of my guildmates and myself.

i myself, have been hacked like this twice this week.

i've run all virus/spyware/malware scanners and found no keyloggers.. the only common link we all have had was our wowstead website (which was allegedly compromised this week as well) and we use the curse client to download addons.

regardless.. what you need to do is call blizzard, they can remove the authenticator and reset your password. this should hold the hackers at bay for a day or two.

what you need to do next is get hold of an authenticator. i purchased one so i'm stuck waiting 7 days for it to show up in the mail.. i hope i dont get hacked a third time before it arrives.

Change your account email. This will also change your login so they will not know it, if your system is clean. This is a temp fix until you get an authenticator.