Thread: Our characters

Our characters

Are our characters like the elite forces of our nations?
    also are our characters honored?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    Are our characters like the elite forces of our nations?
    also are our characters honored?
    no.
    and if there at honored status then yeah, otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Cool Guy View Post
    no.
    and if there at honored status then yeah, otherwise no.
    I don't think lorewise we exists at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I don't think lorewise we exists at all.
    i agree and i dont, i think we exist just not to the extent of how many different and amazing things we do and accomplish ingame

I think of us as "Elites" because 5 of us are able to kill an entire dungeon. We can kill dozens of city guards (common soldiers).

Our actions take effect in Lore. We killed Kael'Thas and he was pissed at us later on because we killed him for example.

But our actions in Lore is easily Retconned, for example, we killed Onyxia, but it was Retconned and Varian killed Onyxia.

But I always feel we are not really apart of Alliance or the Horde, and we feel more on the lines of Mercenary's for hire.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-07-25 at 06:49 AM.

Think of it like WC3. The main guy is there backed up by random armies.
    Tirion, That hunter chick with the ring blade, Im sure Alexstraza will be there to kill Neltharion.
    We exist, but are not important to lore. The man is keeping us down.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I have lost count of the amout of times Blizz has stated our rank is
    Rising Adventurer
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Think of it like WC3. The main guy is there backed up by random armies.
    Tirion, That hunter chick with the ring blade, Im sure Alexstraza will be there to kill Neltharion.
    We exist, but are not important to lore. The man is keeping us down.
    agreed were just like foot soldiers and grunts etc... only wit a little more zing

10+ Year Old Account
    Players in warcraft lore have been referred to as "adventurers" just wandering around killing random crap and giant bosses for the important lore characters. We're there, we just don't matter as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Go kill the lich king. The RP at 10% should answer your question.

Adventurers are the uncommon awesome. Sure in Org it seems like hundreds of us running around, but in most rpg situations its not really that abundant. With the exception of dungeons, raids and group quests your char is the only one who has done all of those quests and noone else. The group stuff is a collection of random adventurers who banded together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Deleted
    Our characters are, as they are wont to say themselves, "a random group of adventurers". -.-

I really wish they'd make player characters more heroic... kinds sucks feeling insignificant when you're kicking the Lich King's ass.

Guild Wars had ingame cinematics where the characters actually talked at the end of each mission.
    Blizzard now has a little experience with ingame cutscenes. It would be awesome if they could do at least one ingame cinematic, ie. after defeating Deathwing where our characters are shown to be the heroes, actually talking and stuff. One voice per race/voice would be enough, couple sentences, nothing major. Just our character shown to be present in a major Lore event, with other important Lore characters, interacting etc.

Just wrote that in the "Who killed the LK"..

We are Adventurers, strong and honorable even at Ragnaros times.

---------- Post added 2010-07-25 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Our characters are, as they are wont to say themselves, "a random group of adventurers". -.-

I really wish they'd make player characters more heroic... kinds sucks feeling insignificant when you're kicking the Lich King's ass.

Guild Wars had ingame cinematics where the characters actually talked at the end of each mission.
    Blizzard now has a little experience with ingame cutscenes. It would be awesome if they could do at least one ingame cinematic, ie. after defeating Deathwing where our characters are shown to be the heroes, actually talking and stuff. One voice per race/voice would be enough, couple sentences, nothing major. Just our character shown to be present in a major Lore event, with other important Lore characters, interacting etc.
    Yeah but, you know, you can't add in names...

"Rokghar killed Deatwhing, but only on the server Tichoundrius, while the brave Qemist and his <Slaughter> guild killed Deathwing on Stormreaver"...lorewise this is obviously impossible, we still need to be unknown for lore purposes..

Iirc we have a Statue in the middle of Dalaran for killing Arthas?